Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Sick! :*(

So Sick! :*(

Uggh. Here's my pity party for the day. I woke up this morning, with only half a voice & very sore throat. Guess that's the price to pay for being around kissy relatives all weekend.

Anyway, all day long I've laid around thinking that I couldn't possibly get worse, but that's what has happened. I have a fever, aches & pains all over, extremely sore throat, pounding head, and living on juice, broth & rice. And I just heard a report on CNN.com about how bad the flu season is this year. Tell me about it!!

Anyhoo, I'm back to my coughdrops and blankets. I can only sit at the computer for 5 or 10 minutes at a time 'til I'm too exhausted.

On the positive side, Marigold has been a velcro baby all day. For almost an hour she lay on my stomach with her paw on my chin. My muscles wanted to move so badly, but I didn't want to risk her running away. And Malone just knows that something is wrong. He keeps coming up and putting his big nose on my arm and whimpering, as if to ask me what is wrong. They are the best comfort a person could ask for.

Anyway, I'm done my pity party. Thanks for listening.

That's the best part about having pets. They know you better than anyone else could... like when you're sick. Get well soon... with so much cuddling, you'll be better in no time!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Sorry that you are sick. Eat chicken soup , drink fruit juices, get losts of rest, and keep pets close by your side. I bet the Doctor told you that.

I hope you get to feeling better.

I'm so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, Anna. It's good to know that two lovely furkids are taking care of you, though. Get better soon!!!

O I am so sorry. And I can relate. I got really sick Thanks giveing day. I feel like I'm going to throw up and I can't stand for more then like 10 or 15 mins. I've also been liveing on Soup and I'm always hungry. I find I'm thristy alot, even though I drink 2 or 3 bottles of water daily. The only time I've gotten up since Wednesday is tonight cause I promised the fire hall I would help them out with the Junior Firefighter memorial basket ball tornament. ::sigh::

Sorry to ramble on your thread,
    Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I hope you get well soon.

Please take the time you need to get better Our flu season last winter was awful. I was sick three times (a record for me) and my last flu took six weeks to leave. I know many other people who were in the same boat, so I hope you feel better soon!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I hope there is someone there to take care of you, so you can get plenty rest, keep those fluids up, and remember if you feel worse get yourself checked at the Doc real soon, just to make sure, remember the meningitis check list, sorry not wanting to scare you, but have been through this before so am very wary and cautious about it.

Hope you don't have a strep throat either, probably just the rotten flue like you said, but please take care, and GET WELL SOON, hugs.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Oh you poor thing! I know how it feels..........because I've been sick with the flu all last week, and am SO much better thank God now, but I'm still recovering........still not fully over it. I lost my voice COMPLETELY for two days, and I sounded absolutely pathetic for so many days after. Today, FINALLY, I woke up with my voice back. Still has a little bitterness in it, and if I try to make it *squeaky* when talking to Popcorn and Muffin in a *baby way*.....you know, how we talk to pets , my voice still fades away.........but its back on the most part, and I'm happy. Its SO frustrating to lose your voice! I'm still coughing, and my throat still hurts, but I can tell you, its such a blessing to feel so much better. SUCH a blessing. I had a high fever at the beginning of the flu too. Getting sick really makes you remember the blessing of good health doesn't it?

Get well soon! My birdies were all confused when I lost my voice. They just didn't get what was wrong with me!

Sorry you are feeling so rotten! Sounds like you have good "Doctors" keeping an eye on you! Get well soon!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Aawwwww Anna - sounds like a bad dose of flu - keep warm and pet cuddled - it's the only way to deal with it!!
    Don't forget lots of liquids and paracetamol for the aches and pains.
    Marigold and Malone seem to be perfect nurses.
    {{{Hugs}}} from across the miles

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Aww, Anna, poor you. Hope you are feeling better very soon.

Hugs

Wow, so many people are coming down with this! I'm sorry that this has hit you, but it does sounds like you have a couple of great furry nurses to help give you that extra special TLC. There is nothing quite like a purring kitty or a wet doggie nose to help you feel at least temporarily a little better. I had to smile when I read that you can only sit at the computer for about 5 minutes. People without the *Pet Talk Addiction* wouldn't even bother getting on the computer, but those of us who have the addiction completely understand! Feel better soon!

I awoke with a sore throat,sniffles 2 days ago,
    but my cold is mild compared to what you have.
    Take care of yourself, and keep yourself toasty
    and get losts of rest.
    Sounds like your fur babies are taking care
    of your love medicine.

----<---<--<{(@

Aww, hope you feel better soon Its nice you have Marigold and Malone to take care of you
    There are a lot of people getting the flu this year, my dad wanted me to take the flu shot. But I don't know if I'm going to, I'll just try my best to not catch it.

Get lots of rest!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

I got my flu shot two weeks ago this last Friday, but by last Sunday I started to not feel so good. By Monday I had aches, fever, runny nose - the whole works. The good news is that a week later, I'm finally starting to feel a lot better. Still tired, but at least I can stand up for more than a few minutes at a time without falling over. I think having the flu shot helped keep the duration of it a lot shorter. I was expecting to be sick a lot longer.

Keep your furnurses close and I hope you're feeling better soon.