Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: I need prayers please, Mystic is gone :(

Today is day 4 he's been missing. We are putting up signs shortly. Thanks to everyone for their kind words.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Well I put one poster up on our community mailbox as well as the area poster wall, and gave one poster to the ER clinic. We were going to do more but our car died, and it now messed up. Sheesh, could anything else go wrong this week?

Tomorrow a friend of mine is bringing me her staple gun so I can put posters up around the neighborhood. Wish us luck, and hopefully we will get a call!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I don't travel to the cat side too often, but I just saw this, and Mystic will be in my prayers.
    Please return home soon sweetie--your mommy is worried sick!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Thank you!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Cass, I'm so sorry I didn't see this thread before now. Hang in there; Pet Talk prayers do help and I just know that Mystic will turn up. I'm sorry about Thor. RIP little one.

I'll say a little prayer for you before I go to sleep tonight.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm so sorry, I just saw your thread. I'll be praying for beautiful Mystic to come back safe and sound.

Our Daisy got stuck in a garage for five days once; it was a terrible terrible time. Try not to give up hope.

I too just saw this and I'm so sorry!!! Leroy disappeared for 3 days and I nearly lost my mind! My husband must have walked 5 miles looking on road sides and ditches. I called and called for him, cried my eyes out, prayed, had my family praying, made posters, called the humane society, vets, and put an ad in the paper. On the third day I couldn't even go to work and was about to go out the door to put up more posters in the neighborhood. When I opened the door he came running. He had obviously been locked in someones garage or shed. He had been digging and his his face was scratched where he had been trying to push his way out. I have never been so happy to see that crazy cat in my life. Needless to say he is forever grounded to the inside! I know three days wasn't as long as some but I just knew he wasn't coming back! Hang on and don't give up. You can now add me to the list of all those praying for Mystic's return. Tons of hugs because I know how hard this is. The not knowing drove me nuts. Keep us posted and God Bless. {{{{HUGS}}}}

If it's been raining, I would check or ask neighbours to check their garages/sheds. If you haven't done this, I would also put up a couple of flyers at the local grocery store/post office/corner store etc.

I would still put a live trap out and make a covering for it to protect the cat from the rain. I would also put something with your scent on it (ie: sweatshirt, shoes etc) in the trap with some of Mystic' favourite food.

Don't give up hope!! Many cats do fine outdoors for extended periods.

Keep us updated! Come home Mystic, many people are worried for you!!
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Originally posted by Russian Blue
    If it's been raining, I would check or ask neighbours to check their garages/sheds. If you haven't done this, I would also put up a couple of flyers at the local grocery store/post office/corner store etc.

I would still put a live trap out and make a covering for it to protect the cat from the rain. I would also put something with your scent on it (ie: sweatshirt, shoes etc) in the trap with some of Mystic' favourite food.

It's day 5, if he were close to us he would deffinately come to me. He used to go outside all the time, as all the cats do, and has always came to me, always. They are all very fimiliar with this area. Lately though, we are keeping everyone inside. There are a few times he escapes but he always comes back, like they all do. I know my cat, and he would come to me if he was near and alive.

Yes it's been raining all week. I really do not believe he took off, he's not that way. If it's raining he comes here to us to come inside, or goes under the house, which he isn't as Dan has searched under there three times already. There really isn't too many neigbors around, and we don't have garages as we live in a Townhouse. I have been to all the neighbors houses in their area. I have searched EVERYWHERE in the woods, every single day over and over. I went out last night with my flashlight yet again and looked, nothing. Although I did find two cute feral kittens I am thinking of catching.

As far as a trap, we are not allowed to put a trap on the property, so that's out of the question. I really think someone has him in their house, or he is dead and I can't find him. He would come to me if he were outside. He cannot be away from Cheetah for more than a few hours, they are INSEPERABLE! They are always together, and now she is obviously very depressed.

Outside we have a tarp covering a box with old clothes in it that the cats like to sleep in. I am worried he jumped into someones car at night, like he used to do to our old van and someone drove away with him not knowing he was in there. The thing that really sucks is he JUST lost his collar, and it was brand new. I am so sick of those break away collars!

I plan on putting signs EVERYWHERE, but our car died last night and it's the only one we have. A friend is coming over later today to help me put signs up around the neighborhood and local businesses where people migrate (coffee house, 7Eleven etc.)
    Last edited by luckies4me; 12-01-2003 at 12:59 PM.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I didn't want to lose my post so I have to continue here. There is a faint smell of death in the air here, but we cannot pinpoint it's exact location. I talked to some neighbors and it seems that the night he dissapeared there were loose dogs around the neighborhood.

I literally get sick to my stomach thinking of him not being here. When my taxes come back ALL the cats will be microchipped! These are the reasons I tell Dan to not let the cats outside, and he doesn't listen to me!! What can I do to convince him that it is much better for them to be inside only? He's so stubborn and he's really pissing me off when he lets them out and I tell them not to. They do not NEED to go outside!

There are so many things I want to type but my mind goes blank and I can't remember. Wednesday is my birthday, so maybe my present will be Mystic coming back home. I can only pray.
    Last edited by luckies4me; 12-01-2003 at 01:03 PM.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Cass -

This is really just breaking my heart. I am so sorry I am crying tears with you and share your pain.

Could you get with your neighbors and figure out where they all drove on that day he disappeared. Also ask if they had any visitors and ask where the visitors drove. Then maybe you could drive to those places and put up posters around there (assuming if he did get into someone's car then jumped out when they got to their destination).
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I miss him so much. I am going to do what you said and ask the neighbors where they went that day. I assume since it was the day before Thanksgiving people went far, and since we don't have a car I don't know how we could get too far away. Maybe the car will work better tonight. I am still going to ask though, just in case. He just always comes to me. I am so unbelievably sad right now. I have been crying and just not here the past few days.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Cass, I'm just reading this now. I am so sorry. I am praying to St Francis (Patron Saint of animals) for his safe return. I also want to tell you not to give up hope. My mom's Midnight took off for over a week when my grandmother died and Lillie-Mae got stuck in some ones garage. It seems she got a little curious, went into someones garage and then they closed the door. We looked for her for a week, I finally found her coming out of the garage.

When you hang posters take some cling wrap and kind of seal the paper, this way if it continues to rain the posters will not get as wet.

I don't want to be morbid but have you checked under the hood of your own car or also asked the neighbors to look under the hoods of their cars. Sometime cats curiousity will get the best of them. Ask the neighbors if you can look through their yards as well.

I know what you are going through. November 16, 2002 my little boy Tobias disappeared.

Please keep us posted.

Mystic please come home soon, your family is very worried about you, they love you so very much.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Originally posted by lizbud
    Call a friend to put up posters for you. The sooner you get
    the word out to the neighborhood & surrounding areas, the
    better chance of someone finding him. 4 days is a very long
    time to wait to get the word out to those who can really help
    you. Good luck.
    I have contacted the Humane Society and pound already, put up posters on the community bulliten board in this neighborhood as well as a poster on our area mailbox (figure, everyone checks their mail right?). We were going to put more posters up last night but our car died. I have been to all the neighbors houses in the area with his picture. The newspaper already has my add out, and I gave my friend a few posters for her to hang up a little futhur into town, just in case.

I have not waited four days, I am doing everything I can possibly do right now without having a car. Like I said earlier, a friend of mine is coming over later and bringing me her staple gun so I can put up posters here in the local area. I will also be going to all the vet clinics, as well as Denny's, the gas stations etc. I was out with his picture in my hand going door to door on Thanksgiving night, and out all day the next day looking and searching for him. I spent hours climbing all the forest behind our place. I am really doing as much as I can. Trust me, I love this cat dearly, I would do anything for him!

You can see his poster I made here:

http://www15.brinkster.com/luckies4me/Mystic.html

Dan also took flyers to work with him this morning to put up at the petstores around his work. We are trying to get them up anywhere a lot of people, especially pet people frequent.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by catlover4ever

When you hang posters take some cling wrap and kind of seal the paper, this way if it continues to rain the posters will not get as wet.

I don't want to be morbid but have you checked under the hood of your own car or also asked the neighbors to look under the hoods of their cars. Sometime cats curiousity will get the best of them. Ask the neighbors if you can look through their yards as well.

The cling wrap is a great idea! Thanks so much for giving me that idea. Dan gets paid today so when he gets home if the car is running good I will go to the store (well have him take me to the store since I don't drive) and buy some. I was a little worried about the rain. When I hung up the other posters luckily it was in an area that was shielded by the rain, and so they won't get wet...or as wet.

I have looked in allthe neighbors backyards already and people have been surprsingly friendly to me about this. They said I can go and check whenever I want.

I don't think he got hit by a car because I have looked everywhere, literally, and I think I would have found him....I mean don't you think I would know? Usually they are laying in the road etc. Our road is far away from our house, but I still looked them all over, walking up and down each one the other day. I will ask about the cars though. Although he never ventures too close to cars besides when the window is open and he wants to check out the inside.

Thank you so much for the tips. I was just about ready to come here pleading for more ideas!

I also posted an add in PetFinder.com and all the local rat groups in our area on yahoo.

Thanks to everyone who offers encouragement. It's really hard to stay optimistic, but I know I have to. Thanks again, it means so much to me.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major