Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: I need prayers please, Mystic is gone :(

Originally posted by aly
    Is he an indoor/outdoor cat? Or has he never gone outside before? Can you set out a live trap with some canned food in it?

Stay calm and focused and don't lose hope. If he is used to being outside, I'm sure he's running around having some fun. If he's not, he's probably nearby hiding in some bushes somewhere. I'd keep checking all the bushes becauise its easy to overlook a cat.

Yes he is an indoor outdoor cat but lately we have been keeping him indoors only. He knows his way around but he DOES NOT take off. He has never in the four years I have had him. We looked everywhere, so I doubt he is in the bushes as I searched them all very thouroughly for hours on end. Just came back inside from searching again!

A live trap is out of the question as it is rainy outside and I do not want to catch another cat in the trap and force them to stay outside soaking wet.

Dan smelled death tonight and so did I, so we think he is around here dead somewhere.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Don't assume the worst. Maybe its another dead deer.

Maybe you can set up a trap during the day when you can keep an eye on it. Or just put some food on the porch.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Yes I have put food on the porch. I don't know what I will do if he doesn't come back.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I'm so sorry. Do try to keep positive thoughts though.

Prayers on the way.

From Decker with Love

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I just thought of this, but I know he likes to jump in cars. Do you think he might have jumped into a car when the window was rolled down and then someone drove away with him not knowing he was in there?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Keeping Mystic in my prayers. Come home safe, little one!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Oh, I know how you must feel...this is so terrible...Nellie went missing just for one day few years ago (trapped in a neighbor's basement), but I was sooooo sad and felt so helpless...

But there is still hope and I am sending positive thoughts for a safe return home!!!
    Mystic, you'll find the way home!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

Last night Dan climbed under the house but nothing. And to top it off, last night one of my favorite ratties, Thor, went to Rainbow Bridge in my arms. My birthday is in three days and I don't want to do anything. This week is the worst week of my life. Today we are hanging up posters.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I am just reading this for the first time. How awful, I am so sorry!!! Please don't give up yet, he may just be having a good time somewhere and not quite ready to come home!!!

I'm so sorry you lost your favorite Rattie too, you poor thing!
    Seems when it rains, it pours. Please know we all here at PT love and care for you, and you are in our prayers.

****HUGS****
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

You sure have my prayers. I love your Mystic! Hope your baby comes home soon!

Please keep us posted.

Hoping things improve for you and that Mystic returns safely.

Here's a pic of Mystic I took a few days ago.

Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Beautiful! Come home sweet, Mystic!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I'm so sorry! What a sad time for a birthday!

Please, Mystic, come home - that will be your mommy's most precious birthday gift!!

I hope so much you will find him, please don't give up hope!

Kirsten