Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: I need prayers please, Mystic is gone :(

As soon as I am done posting this thread in Pet General about my rescued hammies I am also going to call the Dead Animal Pickup for our area. I would rather know he is dead, then never ever know what happened to him.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Cass, it's me again, sorry. When your friend comes over have he/she look in the same places you looked. I say this because I happened to be the person who found my mom's Rufus. I stood in the EXACT same place she did and she did not see him. Rufus had been missing for 3 days. He had been hit and was about 30 feet off the road. He actually blended in that even my husband did not see him even when I pointed him out. Sometimes another set of eyes is all you need.

I do pray to God that this is NOT the case, but I just wanted to suggest this to you, as it is something that happened to my mom and I.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Thank you for the idea. When I went searching through the woods, a friend came with me, but when I get the chance to do it again I will deffinately bring someone with me. Although I won't get that chance for a few more days, until the weekend, as Dan works all day and I have Dylan here with me so I cannot go seaching in the woods with my son. I am hoping Dan gets to take a day off this week to help me search. It's already dark when he gets home, and not safe to go lurking in the woods behind our house.

My friend suddenly changed her mind about helping me so now I am alone in this. I just borrowed a stapler from my neighbor and hopefully that will work to put pictures up. I will take Dylan with me, but I don't know how long we will be able to stay out since it's raining and cold and we'll be walking. My son also has a cold.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Cass, the poster says he's lost his collar. Was there any other ID like a microchip or something?? I'm thinking that perhaps he was wandering and someone scooped him up and is taking really good care of him until the owners are found and with no collar or phone number they have no way of contacting you. Have you checked all the "found" ads in your local papers??

Sending prayers that little Mystic will come home. PT prayers do work miracles and I believe another one will happen.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by slick
    Cass, the poster says he's lost his collar. Was there any other ID like a microchip or something?? I'm thinking that perhaps he was wandering and someone scooped him up and is taking really good care of him until the owners are found and with no collar or phone number they have no way of contacting you. Have you checked all the "found" ads in your local papers??

Sending prayers that little Mystic will come home. PT prayers do work miracles and I believe another one will happen.
    Unfortunately he is not micrchipped, but when my taxes come all the cats are going in to be microchipped. He had a collar with tags but he lost it not too long ago and we haven't had a chance to get a new collar yet. I don't understand why someone would take him though, as he doesn't look like a stray. He's very soft, very well taken care of, a little chunky etc. But it would have to have been someone local and I have been to everyone's house around here.

Yes I have checked the paper already and have a lost add in it. I decided to stay home. Dylan is feeling absolutely horrible and fell asleep again. He is so sick that I felt it would not be a good idea to take him out in the cold. My friendly neighbors next door offered to hang up his posters though. Then when Dan gets home I will go searching again................not ever going to give up!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Oh my gosh - I'm so sorry, I just now found this thread.

Is there anyone in the area who went on vacation recently? Could Mystic be locked in someone's garage or shed? This does happen.

Prayers on the way.

These are not the droids you were looking for

This might sound dumb, but I saw this on animal planet. I ladys cat was missing and they had a doggy detective sniff and find her. Maybe you could do that?? Im just trying to think of some ideas to help you. As I know how it feels to have a missing pet. Hope you find him!!

Cass, my heart is breaking for you as I know how you feel. Please don't give up hope. My RB Mittens went missing and I gave up hope of ever seeing him again. After 48 days of him being gone, he appeared on our back gallery at 2:00 a.m. meowing like no tomorrow. They were doing underground work around our area and he must have gotten himself lost in there, but the sweetie found his way out and came back home. So never say never.

Prayers still on the way that Mystic finds his way back home and big (((((HUGS))))) to you for support.

Also Amber, I don't think that is dumb at all. It's a very good idea.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

My heart is breaking for you. When Leroy was gone I felt so helpless. I did everything a person could do to find him but it still didn't seem like enough. I so understand what you mean when you said you would rather know the bad then not ever know what happened to him. I felt the same way. Bad dreams and bad thoughts. I worried myself sick. I have said lots of prayers for Mystic's return today and I will continue to do so. Don't give up hope yet. Kitties can do some amazing things. Hang in there and know that we are all praying for Mystic to come home and (God forbid) that if something happened then you will find out so you will at least know. I remember the three days of Leroy so well. I can't imagine five days, a sick child, car trouble, a birthday coming, and crappy weather to boot!!! Extra big hugs!!!
    {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Well Dan is finally home! He got home late, which of course in my current state I thought he dissapeared too.

I am getting ready to take a shower and then head out to hang up posters around the neighborhood. Hopefully it won't be too cold tonight! I just need to dress extra warm. Tomorrow we are going to buy some plastic wrap.

I'm trying to stay optimistic, and reading these posts here gives me so much more hope. Wish me luck!

BTW It's 7:02 pm here, which is why it's so cold.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Good luck Cass and by the way, you did a fantastic job on the poster. I've never seen one so well done before.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Cass, I have not posted in this thread since the first day, and I just wanted to let you know that you have been in my prayers and will contiue to be.

I really wish there was something I could say that would be the magic answer. However, I read through all of the post and everyone else have come up with ideas that I had and many more.

Just know that me and the kitties are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers all day, everyday.

I wish I could give you a big hug, but I will send one is here:
    {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Please take care of yourself all of this worry will really wear you down, I know. You will be no good to help if you are sick.

I know that it has been said before, but keep the faith. I know that it is hard, but keep trying.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

I keep coming back in hoping you have found Mystic, and that he is alright.

I can't offer anything in the way of advice, just another voice saying keep up hope.
    I am sorry to read that Dylan is sick. Please get well soon.
    Steffi and Lovable

Ok, posters in the near area are up! I still have a few more to print and hang around here, and then to the vet clinics and local businesses we go! I got one call today, but it was for a female cat, who was a lot younger the Mystic. I also went .....................OOH I am SO MAD!!!!!

The neighbors got a pitbull and it's running around our house. Dan opened the door and the dog was right there! Ewok is outside! This dog is running around without a leash while the owner's are inside their stupid apartment!

Now Ewok is not coming when we call. Of course Dan let him out. I am calling the landlord tomorrow as we are not allowed to have pitbulls here, or any large agressive dogs. This dog was chasing the other cats that live around here around.

Do you think he ate Mystic?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major