Thread: Juni begins to re-decorate - for the holidays

Juni begins to re-decorate - for the holidays

Well, I knew I was in for trouble with Juni and the holiday decorating concept.

Picture about 100 of theses delicate items, all over the floor, mixed in with potting soil and a broken plant!

This photo is what I have now, now that I moved the printer's tray to a new location. I did have to buy more items as some were broken in the re-decorating process by Juni.

A couple of days ago my Juni Rose decided to walk on the tray as it hung on the wall, bringing in down off the wall, and it hit a lamp then hit a potted plant then ALL crashed to the floor. It was quite the sound and quite the mess. I was going to take photos of the mess, but I had to clean it up quickly, as it was a contest of wills, to see who got to the broken parts first: Sas or Juni. I won. But no photos.

This tray has special meaning to me as it belonged to a good friend of mine who recently passed away in early October. Her Dad owned a newspaper and it was used in his business. Her sons did not want the tray. Go figure. I filled the partitions with things of hers and mine and tried to keep it holiday related, so the fact that Juni "took it down" within hours of it being hung, really upset me.

The tray is now secured to the wall in a spot where Juni should not be able to reach.

Juni is quite the kitty. She recently found that toilet paper is fun to unravel in it's entirety. Makes for fun it the bathroom, for all!
    Last edited by sasvermont; 11-29-2003 at 08:57 AM.

Sorry to hear about breaking some cherished memories.

Allen and Pouncer have long discovered the fun of unrolling the toilet paper. Only problem is that Nicki loves to eat tissues and this is one looonnng tissue for her. The cats will get it started and she'll sit in the hallway, chewing up the end of the paper that they drug out!!!

Oh Juni girl! Sometimes you really go to far.

This reminds me of the day when Filou broke my little glass elephants. They were 5 and each of them held the tail of the bigger one. My father had given them to me when I was a child. They were on a very high dresser (about 4 ft) but Filou jumped there and threw them down.

You know I can forgive Filou anything (no problem with toilet paper ) but it hurts if they destroy things that connect you to a person.

But then. Juni will come, will give headbumpies, won't feel guilty at all.......and you'll love the mischievous monkey girl again

I am sorry that Juni Rose broke your special holiday keepsakes. Naughty girl. At least toilet paper is unsmashable, even if it can make quite a mess. Hope things are calmer over the rest of the weekend. I am assuming Miley has been the purrfect lady.
    Steffi and Lovable

Re: Juni begins to re-decorate - for the holidays

Originally posted by sasvermont
    The tray is now secured to the wall in a spot where Juni should not be able to reach.
    Oh, lets hope so!! Sorry to hear some of the items broke.

It's a wonderful tray and it looks wonderful with all those Christmas things on it. I had a similar one, but somehow it dissapeared.

I can imagine the mess - and poor Juni probably got the shock of her life. She will most likely not go near it again.

Things like this always happen when you don't have a camera ready - but this one should definately have been on video!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

JJJ3 broke a Siamese Cat Commerative Plate , that I oiginally bought for my Mother.I loved that plate , but I shouldnt have put it , where he could reach it.At least that his theory.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a wonderful decorating idea you had and that tray is indeed a treasure. Hopefully that was not broken. I think Juni was just trying to get a closer look at all the pretties, which due to their small size were obviously designed especially for her to play with.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend. It was fortunate that you came into possession of the tray that meant so much to her. Maybe one day her sons will understand the value of such a beautiful as well as sentimental piece, but at this time they obviously don't. I think your friend would be delighted that you have it.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

What a beautiful tray, Sas! You can even adjust it to every season: just change the ornaments (or the cats can do that for you )

Jun, Juni, Juni! Do you know how much work that was for your momma to get all those little things in that type tray...and get it on the wall??? And how terrific it looked???

Can't you find something else to play with??? Perhaps something belonging to Miley???

Too bad Juni couldn't blame it on Miley or Winter but I guess she was caught red-pawed! It's too bad that *in the heat of the moment* you couldn't manage to get your camera out but I can imagine the considerable stress you were under to see what could be salvaged, etc.

My Trevor was responsible for the demise of a Depression Era candy dish that belonged to my mother. It was shortly after he came to live with us and I of course had no "cat knowledge." A friend told me he would shortly be able to navigate the kitchen shelf where it was sitting and I did not act quickly enough to find it a safer place. When I heard the crash and sound of shattering glass I didn't even need to guess what had happened. I know that by now all is forgiven since it is so hard to stay mad at such a sweetie.

I am sorry for the loss of your friend and the loss of cherished items. But keep the memories, even the sneakiest of cats can't take them from you.

Oh no!!! Such a warm, sentimental target too....

Those Aby's....
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

What a special tray filled with wonderful memories! It is just beautiful! I'm sorry that Juni broke a few of the items, but now it is nice and secure. So sorry to hear of your friend's passing, and what a wonderful tribute you have made to her memory.... I'm sure she is very pleased!!!

***HUGS TO YOU***
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!