Thread: Rat litter boxes??

Rat litter boxes??

For all you rattie owners that use litter boxes!!! I have a question lol.

I have my rats litter box filled with aspen bedding, they usually will pee in it and they will also have a few stool in it, is there any possible way I can elimnate the stool from around their cage, and enforce them to poop in their litter box only?? lol.. My lil lazy rats lol..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I tried so hard to get mine to go in a small litter box. Finally I just gave up and filled one floor of their cage each with aspen. Meh. Lol. I'll try it again once their new cage is built.
    I've been BOO'd!

haha rat litter box, that would be cute. whats the smallest animal someone has potty trained?

my rats somtimes do their buisness in the litter box lol. I had a rabbit that was fully litter box trained.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

When we had rats, I noticed that they almost always went to the bathroom in the same corner of the cage all the time.

So, I took a small plastic box, filled the bottom with sand, and put wood shavings on top of the sand. I also took some of the bedding they had already peed on and put it in there, too. Then I put it back in the corner.

They always used their "litterbox" after that! I think rats are, by nature, very clean animals.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

My rat, Icarus, is litter trained, but he won't go in a litter box lol. I just had a long bath with him in the bathroom, and I got out and put him in his cage and he ran into the middle section and took a long pee.
    I've been BOO'd!