Thread: How does your cat react to catnip?

How does your cat react to catnip?

I decided to ask this, since I noticed recently that when I offer very potent catnip (Dr. Pussum's or fresh product) Moby is MEAN when she's stoned!

Most of my cats just roll around and are mellow. Mobius turns into a mean old lady, stalking and growling at the other cats. Maybe she's hallucinating?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Trevor becomes very mellow and glassy-eyed but Andy becomes a real dynamo! It is like you are watching a kitty on a video with the speed turned forward! LOL! I usually bring in a sprig or two from the outside and Andy bites it and rubs it all over his face, holding it in his front paws and tries to "kill it" with his back paws! Silly boy!

Bob was not really interested in catnip till about a year ago. He gets a little hyper for a few minutes and then he is mellow for a while.

I've only given Joey catnip once and she got mellow.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Felicia got aggressive, and their was no effect on Beau.

I don't give it to them very often. Maybe their reactions would be different if they had it more often.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I make catnip toys for my guys and they have fun while i stuff the toys. About half eat it the others roll in it. Some get very mellow and others fly around the room and some just want more to eat. Then all take a nap. Then they wake up and the toys are ready for them to play with.

Stella

Pix of Mason after catnip
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My cats react rather funny to catnip. They love to play with catnip-filled mice!
    Here is Maya, completely stoned!

and Inka with her favorite purple catnip-mouse!!

Melted kitties!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Bastet goes feral then settles down for a nice nap in the bathtub. Don't ask me why it must just look comfy for a stoned kitty.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Originally posted by Pam
    Andy bites it and rubs it all over his face, holding it in his front paws and tries to "kill it" with his back paws!
    Marshmallow does the same thing! It's hilarious, because usually she is the most mellow cat you've ever seen. She is totally crazy for catnip!

Pickles doesn't seem to like it. He usually ignores it when I get it out. If I give him fresh he won't eat it/chew it.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

My kitties like the fresh from the garden but prefer the dried that comes from the human herbal store - made for tea. I give them a pinch in their "opium den". Initially, they go bonkers like rocking and rolling - really hysterical to watch - this lasts about 5-10 minutes. Then they are totally stoned and glassy eyed - zoned out and so mellow - usually followed by a nice long nap Eliot reacts much more so than Emily - she is much less interested and her reactions are much less. Eliot is a dope fiend!

Rocking and Rolling...

Really stoned now!

ZZZZ'd out....

I'll give both Sammy and Romeo a little pinch on the floor,and they
    start breathing in the smell of it real fast, so they are blowing the cat nip around, and sometimes, they inhale it in their nose, so they sneeze wildly, and roll around at the same time!

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!

Joey loves eating catnip, he gets really friskies when he is playing with his catnip toys. And my Sabrina she rolls on the catnip and gets is all on her body. For sure gets friskie and feisty. Toby has no affect on catnip, I guess his owner before we got him, didn't give him any catnip. But is you show him catnip toys, he goes nuts for them.