View Poll Results: How many breeds would you breed?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

8 88.89%

0 0%
  • 2 to 5

0 0%
  • 5 to 7

0 0%
  • 7 to 10

0 0%
  • 10 to 15

0 0%
  • 15 to 20

0 0%
  • 20 to 30

0 0%
  • 30 to 40

0 0%
  • 40 or more

1 11.11%

Thread: Would you breed cats into new breeds?

Would you breed cats into new breeds?

Would you breed cats into new breeds? I think this world needs more breeds with purebreeds and crossbreeds. I would breed more than 5 breeds!
    Alexander and his cat Oreo, Inkspot, Oliver, and Catfish. . Cats own you and you own your dogs.

I wouldn't breed, I think there are already enough cats in the world and so many of them are homeless.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

No new breeds are needed until the rest of the ones that have ALREADY been born have a safe and warm home.

I agree, no new breeds for me.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

I am a breeder and feel that there has been enough man made breeds like the Ocicat, the snowshoe, and the himalayan for a few. What happens with the kittens that may not turn out right or deformed. Do you create a new breed from that like the munchkins. The persains went to the extreme with the flat face. siamese with the fine boning, sphynx with no fur. I remember when the persians had a beautiful face and a muzzle, Siamese had an apple head and they were not long lean and with very fine boning. You can try to take all the traits for the best of cats and end up with a frankinkitty. I would like to have a sound and healthy kitten where I know it back ground that it parents and grands are alive and healthy. That there are no major health issues. But what I would love to see is that all kitties have homes that they can live in and not the outside. That disease will be a thing of the past and it will be old age that our cats pass away from. Not by dogs, cars, foxes, and ect. I test and test and test my breeding stock yearly and check up before and when the kittens are ready to leave for the females and males in my house. Who ever said breeding makes money can come is wrong unless you are a back yard breeder. Well that is more than my $.02 worth.

Stella
    Penny and one of her litters.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I also don't think more new breeds should be developed. A lot of the existing breeds come with a lot of genetic "time bombs" lurking. Deaf white cats, flat faced Persians, cross-eyed and kinked tail Siamese, etc. It may be possible one day to do genetic testing for harmful recessives so that cats with these genes are not used to improve the breeds.

BUT, I think people should rescue first, and buy as a distant second. JMHO...I'm not trying to diss anyone.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb