Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you discover PT?

A few co-workers and myself would start out each morning by checking out the DOTD. One day I had a question regarding the DOTD so I made my first post on PT and I was hooked

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Originally posted by Twisterdog
    There are several of us "AcmePet" refugees around here.
    And I am one of them. I was missing my message boards and Twister gave me the link to PetTalk. And here I am, for better or worse

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Sometimes?

Just Kidding, Bryan.

Gee, thanks Kay.

The other times I'm alot slow.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

I was looking for pictures of (rotties, chows, sibs-can't remember which) and happend upon DOTD.....I've been hooked ever since

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Re:How did you discover PT?

A little hairy birdie told me.... isn't that right Shelteez? LOL

Cause when I look to the sky something tells me you’re here with me
    And you make everything alright
    And when I feel like I'm lost something tells me you're here with me
    And I can always find my way when you are here ~ Train "When I Look to the Sky"

I can't remember exactly. I *think* I was looking up sheltie pictures and found it through there.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Re: Re:How did you discover PT?

Originally posted by Blue Heeler
    A little hairy birdie told me.... isn't that right Shelteez? LOL
    What...? Who me?

Birds have feathers not hair you weirdo!

Bryan, I just looked at your post count and it's almost 700 after only 1 month - you are a mega blabbermouth

(Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining, I really enjoy your posts, but that is quite an acheivement in such a short space of time!)

Julie

Originally posted by CatDad

Then a few months ago, I finally discovered the Pet Talk icon on CTOD(little slow sometimes). I started lurking and last month decieded to sign up because I wanted to post to COTD forum. Then I became addicted.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Originally posted by PepperRSM
    I think Megan (ILoveMyAbbyGirl) told me about it....a long time ago...I think she did.
    We might have discovered it together... I don't really remember... but I think we found it because we wanted to submit Abby's pic... lol I have no clue.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I was always pretty interested in DOTD, so I had been checking that everyday. I had seen the Pet Talk link but figured it wasn't anything too special. I had no idea that PT was more like a community than just a random place to post random comments from random people. After staring at the link for months, I decided to just check it out. And let's just say I was definitely impressed.

Once upon a time........probably about 3 years ago or so, I was searching for cockatiel pictures on yahoo. Ended up finding a link to Petoftheday, and found myself on petoftheday.com. I would visit the site EVERY day to see the pictures of the pets and just loved it. I had seen the Pet Talk link, but didn't think much about clicking on it. Probably about a year after joining, I decided I would check out the *Pet Talk* link and see what it was all about. I found it very interesting.............and nothing like I had imagined! The first day.......I remember sleeping at like 1am because I was busy reading all the posts! I didn't join for a while, but then one day, I decided I would! I never left!

I was looking up a site all about cats, and there it was PT, so I Investigated it and here I am 8mths later.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

My wife found Pet Talk and just loved it. The computer was always over here and I accidentally started reading threads that looked interesting.

After posting a few times under "her" name it was decided that I should get my own user name (was it something that I said?). So here I am!

Actually I don´t remember I think I found DogOfTheDay on google or yahoo.search.com and then I found PetTalk Well and here I am

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

I used to go under Dog of the day all the time and sometimes wanderd onto Pet talk but I didnt get it because i was like 8 yrs. old. Then I was at Emma's ( dogz ) house and she always went on here and she kept telling me " go on Pet Talk" so finally I came on here about 4 months ago and got stuck. Not saying that is a bad thing!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]