Thread: Best doggie treats?

Best doggie treats?

What are the best doggie treats to give to little dogs?
    Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Hummmmm - depends on what you want.

If you are looking for training treats I like the Bil-Jac liver treats. You can break them down into smaller sizes and get quite a few commands on one treat. Hot dogs and little pieces of cheese also work really well. Freeze dried liver treats also work well - but they are pretty big for a yorkie.

If you are looking for a treat to clean their teeth and breath I recommend greenies - they are a bit expensive, but do a great job. I also like the Innova dog biscuits - they smell good enough to eat yourself. My dogs like them a lot and they are also made with human grade ingredients.

I usually make my own treats. I like to know what they're getting. Kai LOVES cheese and hot dogs but I try to limit it.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

When I was potty training, and just for basic commands and stuff, I used Old Mother Hubbard's training bits. They are red, yellow, and brown (chicken, liver, and something else, can't remember), and they are very small. My dogs loved them.
    Petco sells them in a small purple bag, but my other pet store sells them by the pound.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I have a variety of treats, GrandPaws, Old Mother Hubbard (a bag of cheese n' bacon and a bag for tarter build up - they are black in color), a bag of Steaks (mini looking steaks, really cute) - I forget who makes them, a bag of Twistees, I think Pedigree makes those, and Greenies for his bed time snack. (I don't give all those treats all the time, LOL he would be a "FatPin" rather than a "MinPin". ) He also gets carrotts sometimes and pieces of apple, I also like to freeze a banana and give him pieces of that on a hot day during the summer.

I can't get Old Mother Hubbard treats in my area so when I go my boyfriends parents place or the U.S. I stock up on them.

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    The treats that I give Tama are the exact same ones that I give the bigger to only in smaller pieces. I try to give them a variety of treats anything from bil-jac to rollover or natural balance, basiclly for my puposes if it's soft and the dogs like to eat it they get it as treats.

For hard treats they it's either a greenie or something else that they can chew on.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Thank you all for your suggestions.
    Wiley is really fond of string cheese and "Beggin' Strips" but I don't know if they are that good for him. I'm going to try some of your suggestions to see which ones he likes the best!