Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever just talked to your pets?

I talk to Ruby more than I do most humans I encounter on a daily basis!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Only a Pet Talker would understand .......but I talk to Rascal too.

Usually it is just to tell him how wonderful he is and that I love him to bits.

Sometimes when I call him from another room, so help me, he can say "WHAT?"

Someone posted that they gave their cats peanut butter. I was eating some on crackers and decided to offer him some. He sniffed it and I said, "don't you like it?" and I swear he said "NO"
    and then walked away.

I think all of our pets know things about us that we would not share with a human friend. And I also think that they understand and give us full attention when we talk to them.

I talk to my pets all the time ! They love it !

I always talk to Bob and Joey.

Bob isn't much of a talker, he is a great listener however. Joey tries to hold converstion. She just needs a little more practice.

The real conversationalist was my RB girl Flicka. I would talk to her and hold converstaions. It was like she understood when to answer. It was great!! Then she would tell me all about the goings on at the house. I didn't understand a word she said it was all in cat.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

yeah i talk to them all the time! but my fisheis don't ansewr yet! i just have to get to knoe them

I really enjoy this one! I talk to Duke all the time. And I don't even think a thing about it. Oh well, if I'm nuts, I'm nuts.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

i talk to pooks all the time...and she answers me too at least, the meows seem to always come at just the right time.
    There is something about the presence of a cat... that seems to take the bite out of being alone. ~Louis J. Camuti

I like to talk to Hallie and Ginger a lot. I think that Hallie thinks that I talk to much. Sometimes whenever I won't stop talking ( when she is concentrating on her sleep) she looks at me and rolls her eyes. Then she just goes back to listening.
    Ginger is always ready to be talked to. She does not however want to know when she has done bad. She will pass. She just doesn't want to hear it. One time I jumped up out of the swing in the back yard and yelled " Gimme Kisses!!" She usually jumps up and gives me kisses. I was upset to see that she just sat there. I walked back to the seat and plopped down VERY deppressed. I sighed. ( LOUDLY so that she would feel bad.) Next thing I knew, she ran over there and gave me kisses.

Hallie has really been here for me lately. I have been talkin about Levi nonstop since I heard about him in the hospital. She doesn't roll her eyes when I am upset or scared. She just wants to hear more. I can be very emotional at times. Like, if I am very worried. So... I pretty much cried a lot during talking to her about him. She was really there for me then.I on the other hand, am very tough ( growing up with 5 brothers) and do not cry when I get mad or am having trouble with wrestling my lamb or horse. Yes, I am a weirdo. What can I say?

All the time.
    I'll come home from school and tell Molly and Daisy that I love them, and that I missed them. Molly then immediatley jumps up and licks my face. Daisy just smiles and waits to be petted. When I was going through a bad time, I would take both of them to my room, shut the door, and just cry. They both sat with me and had a look like, "What's wrong?"

Nothing beats the love of a dog.

Originally posted by carole
    same here catland, except when I am actually talking to my husband he never listens, but if its the kids or the cats, he says hmm what was that grrrrr.........
    This goes on constantly in my house. Grrrr is right.

I talk to all of my pets. I talk to Dusty especially because he's my special child. He gets so excited when he sees me that I just gave up on stopping him from yapping. I howl and talk right along with him. I always go "Didja miss me!!!??" in this high pitched voice and he gets even more excited and yowls and yowls.

I'm guilty of this too. I love how they just sit there and listen, not wanting to run off to do anything else but just to make sure you are ok. Teeko is such a little man, he put his paws around my neck and gives me a hug, LOL of course I hug him back.

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

We went to my guitar teachers house last night and she has 2, female Blood Hounds, and a male Border Collie. One of the Hounds is Rosie. She is youg and very spastic. She cept on doing these little bark half howls, putting her paw on me, and giving me kisses. I swear she was trying to tell me something. I just wish I knew.

Got a need for speed, and a passion for barrel racing.

You've never ridden a horse until you've fallen off.

Adopt one until theres none.

I have imitated animal voices since childhood. A respectable meow will get most cats to reply, and roof, rrrroof, will make most dogs pay attention. Even an uuuuuuummmmmmmmmuh! will get cows to check you out and reply. I do cardinals and mockingbirds too, they will respond with their territorial songs.

The first books I checked out of a public library were Dr.Doolittle books, about the veterinarian who could speak and understand animal languages. In the books they really spoke English; I don't believe that is the case but do believe we could learn to communicate better with other species than we do as humans.

I believe there is some kind of inter-species telepathy with our pets. They read us and the other pets in the home, at least on an emotional level. And my wife says Jojo goes to the door and acts as though she is expecting me when I start driving home from work 30 miles away.

I always talk to my dogs--all day, every day.
    I tell them about my day, about what's on tv, about what I'm doing on the computer, and so on.
    I think it is soothing to them to hear my voice, so they hear it all the time!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada