Thread: TRUTH Commercials

TRUTH Commercials

Have any of you seen them? There's one...

There's a little boy playing baseball with his friends. The game ends, everyone gets picked up by their parents. The one boy is still left at the park, waiting, waiting, waiting. Then the narrator says,

Just tell him you were too busy getting stoned. He'll understand.

Another... This one is the saddest, worst, most horrible thing I have seen on TV. It almost made me cry the first time I saw it.

Theres a little girl, about the age of my niece, Faith [almost 2.] She is playing with a toy by the pool, then wanders over to the pools edge. The narrator says,

Just tell your parents you were too busy getting stoned. They'll understand.

It's gut-wrenching. Horrible. I seriously can admit I was so close to tears the first time I saw it. Call me a wuss, but until you see it, take my word for it.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

yeah i saw those too.
    and there was one like:
    This guy is visiting a grave on the side of a road and it has pictures of a little boy playing baseball and with ribbons and stuuf then it says, " just tell you brothers parents you were too stoned to pay attention to driving, they'll understand"

and another where
    this girl is waiting to get picked up by her prom date and she's really pretty with her hair done up all nice, and she waits and waits, then she starts crying and goes home. then that voice says " just tell your prom date you wew too busy getting stoned to pick her up, she'll understand."
    they are all really sad and make you think about how drugs don't only affect your life, but all the people around you too.

Oh, I've heard one on the radio, where the dad calls home and his little boy tells him he's lighting a fire because the babysitter is sleeping, then hangs up. Yikes!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien