Thread: Poopsicles...

Poopsicles...

Apologies in advance since this isn't a very savory thread, but I've been wondering...

Tasha has never been a poop eater before, either her own or other dogs, but since a few days ago when it snowed, when she goes outside I notice her digging up "poopsicles" in the snow and starting to munch on them before I stop her. I'm not really sure why she's doing this unless it is some sort of instinct prompting her to forage since it's cold and snowy outside or what.

No other different behaviors and she is still eating normally so I'm hoping this is temporary.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I don't know what to tell you, but I have a poopsicle eater too!! Kito used to be really bad, trying to go after any poop he found on our walks, but he has reserved himself to only his own now, and only if it is frozen
    I know, it's disgusting, but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Samantha has never tried to eat her own poop BUT she has eaten Sherman's before. She followed me down into the basement where his litter box was, and after Sherman had finished his business and was "scraping" to cover it up, he accidentally pushed it OUT of the box. I didn't know Samantha was following me down so I went back to the washer and did what I needed to do and saw her eating his poo when I was heading back up the stairs. I yelled for her to stop, which she did, but it was already too late and she'd already consumed one large piece of poo.

About 10 minutes later, she threw it all back up. Let me tell you how pleasant it was to clean up poo puke.

but he has reserved himself to only his own now, and only if it is frozen
    Now that is interesting, what is it about frozen poopsicles!

About 10 minutes later, she threw it all back up. Let me tell you how pleasant it was to clean up poo puke.
    Eww, very unpleasant. I remember when I was still living with my mother with the collies, the neighbors had cats that they just let run the neighborhood and the cats often pooped in our yard. The collies considered this a delicacy and we were not too happy trying to deal with this especially since these cats were unknown, unvetted and definitely we did not want the dogs exposed to their feces.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Lefty eats poop--he seems to have a preference for dried out cat poop. I am REALLY trying to get him to stop, but it seems like I'm spending a lot of time saying "Leave it!" I've heard that this is a hard habit to break; I guess his former owners didn't work on it much with him. It's a little hard to believe that I can give him dog food he really seems to enjoy, but yet he'll tug and tug at the leash to get at a piece of cat poop...
    SMB ^ï^
    Bats--you need them more than you know!