Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lizette Got Out & Is Gone . . .

Lizette Got Out & Is Gone . . .

I hope that some of you may be inclined to say a prayer for my sweet little Lizette.

She was a TNR (trap/neuter/release) that chose to stick around. She showed up every evening for her dinner. To make a long story short, quite some time ago she didn't come around for a few days and we found her across the road with an injured leg, but she would not let us get to her. I told my friend about this and she prayed to St. Francis for her safe return. Amazingly, Lizette CAME BACK THAT VERY NIGHT and I immediately brought her inside, then took her to the vet. Her leg was broken so it was splinted (second picture) for several weeks. It looked like she had a big, yellow banana on her leg! She was FeLV negative, so after the splint was removed I introduced her into the feline household, and she has been indoors ever since. She is not in my avatar because I had not gotten around to revising it, but here are some pictures of her.

Sadly, my dear friend succumbed to cancer shortly after Lizette's ordeal. In her honor I ordered a St. Francis pet tag medal that Lizzy is wearing on her new Tiger print collar right now . . . wherever she is. Without my friend's prayers, I just hope maybe the medal will bring her home safely once again. Please keep her in your thoughts.

I know I am distraught because I forgot to use my pink writing, and I don't know how to put it in after the text is written . . . so what; who cares! I just want my Lizette back home safe and sound. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by AvaJoy; 11-23-2003 at 08:00 PM.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

OMG that's so sad. Sending prayers you way for Lizette's safe return. How did she get out??

Maybe she's be around long enough to sniff her way home. I pray that she's safe.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Avajoy,

PLEASE do not give up hope!! My LilEli fell out of my front window 20 ft to the sidwalk. He is semi-feral and I had absolutely NO idea where he was. Please, look around the immediate area. I borrowed a trap from the shelter I am a volunteer with and trapped for 5 days. Finally, on the 5th night, I ran errands and was late getting back. As I pulled into my parking space, my headlights showed on him sitting in the entranceway to the basement of my apartment building. It turns out he was hiding in the entranceway all along!!!

Look around the area, put up posters and see if you can borrow a trap from your local shelter. I will say a prayer for her and for you.

Good luck and please keep us posted!!!

((((hugs))))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Many many thoughts and prayers coming for her safe return!!! If you go look for her, remember to call her name soft and quiet. Sometimes when we yell out of panic they think they are in trouble and are afraid to come back. Set out food, litter box and some smelly clothing or something that smells of you! In your mind, keep positive thoughts and keep images in your mind of her finding her way home.

Originally posted by slick
    OMG that's so sad. Sending prayers you way for Lizette's safe return. How did she get out??

Maybe she's be around long enough to sniff her way home. I pray that she's safe.
    She got out thanks to my negligence . . . I didn't realize the door that leads from my den to the garage was not closed properly. The big garage door was opened because I was in and out doing leaf clean-up. I went in the house for a moment and when I noticed the interior door was opened I panicked and quickly took a feline head-count . . . the other cats were all accounted for, except for little Lizette. I spied her around the perimeter of the house, but she would not come to me (as in the past experience) and she then sprinted off to the fields surrounding my backyard. At least she did not cross the road.

I have tried to call her several times tonight . . . when she was outdoors if we called her name she would come running up to the porch. It is not happening so far . . .

My friend's middle name was Jean, so her nickname is Lizzy-Jean, in Cathy's honor.

Slick, Moosmom & Ramona: Thanks for your encouraging words, and keeping her in your prayers.
    Last edited by AvaJoy; 11-23-2003 at 08:49 PM.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

I wish I had something wonderful or comforting to say, but unfortunatly I don't.

You and Lizette will be in my prayer and thoughts. Here is hoping for a safe return. I will also tell Joey and Bob, and they will keep happy kitty thoughts for the both of you.

Keep good thoughts, the power of PT prayer can work wonders.
    Last edited by CatDad; 11-23-2003 at 09:20 PM.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Originally posted by CatDad
    . . . You and Lizette will be in my prayer and thoughts. Here is hoping for a safe return. I will also tell Joey and Bob, and they will keep happy kitty thoughts for the both of you.

Keep good thoughts, the power of PT prayer can work wonders.
    Yes, I welcome the power of PT prayers, and know firsthand the influence Kitty-Prayers can impart! Thank you so much for your kind words!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Saying another prayar to St. Francis for sweet Lizette.

Don't ever give up or lose hope. Sometimes it takes them awhile to return. I know Lizette knows what a good home she has so she can't be gone for long.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I know first hand how frightening and heart wrenching this can be. We are sending good thoughts and prayers that she will return home soon! The power of PT prayers has been amazing!! Hopefully she just missed her outside explorations and she will come home when she gets hungry. Has she been inside for very long??
    I'm sure the outcome will be good but I know it is so hard to wait and wonder. We are praying and hoping to soon see the post of her return! She is a beautiful girl! {{hugs}}

Oh, Lizette! Please come home! We're all praying for you.

Oh no!

Something else that has worked in the past is if you leave something of yours outside. Something with your scent on so she knows this is home. Something like a blanket, old shirt, etc. Just in case she gets confused - she will know that this is home.

Good luck.

Lizette! You get home this minute now, you hear! ....please.....
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Lizette, please come home. We are all worried about you.
    Steffi and Lovable

I hope Lizette is safe and will come home soon. Will be sending positive thoughts and hoping she is on her way back to you.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.
    Please come home soon Lizette, safe and sound.
    Don't worry sweetie, mommy will be soooooo happy to have you back home that you won't get in trouble. So hurry on home now okay.
    Mommy misses you.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

AvaJoy, you are a dear. This whole story has touched me.

I'll be praying hard for Lizette's return.

Come back, sweet girl...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...