Thread: Finally got to use my new sled!

Finally got to use my new sled!

Woo hoo, last night we got another six inches of snow. Just enough to take my new-to-me dog sled out. I bought it in the spring and there wasn't enough snow left then to try it out so it's been sitting in the woodshed taunting me since then. It was so much better than running on the ATV...quiet, peaceful, no noise at all. The dogs ran well, even did four perfect passes of skiers who all had dogs with them. We didn't go far, only about 5km. It was a little iffy in places--some rocks sticking out and I know the hook wouldn't have held if I had to use it. But it was fun, fun, fun. The new sled is a huge frieght style sled--no tight corners with this thing, but I love it. Hate my sprint sled, hate it!

Franklin & Pingo raring to go!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Aw! How cute! *Smacks self* I want snow i want snow!

Cute doggies having fun!

But you just keep that snow up there, I don't want it!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Hey how about a pic of the sled!! I agree a freight is much better a sprint sled too lite for control. Glad you have snow we do too I called my sled buddy and in a couple weeks he's taking me out Yahoooo