Thread: Anyone Know of A Good Shampoo For Dandruff???

Anyone Know of A Good Shampoo For Dandruff???

Daisy has Dandruff and I used oatmeal shampoo made for dogs (don't worry!) but, it didn't really do anything
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions???

Thanks For my Beautiful Sig. Fiachra!

Someone once told me that you can use head and shoulders on your dog for dandruff. I am pretty sure that it was the groomer here in town because I took Ginger there because she had dandruff. I think that is what she used. It worked REAL well too. If you don't feel comfortable using it, then maybe you could ask your local vet what he would reccomend. I didn't feel to comfortable either when she told me that she used head and shoulders to wash my dog. WHY COULN'T SHE HAD JUST TOLD ME THAT! I COULD HAVE DONE THE JOB MYSELF!

J/K

We have only washed ours once (with the puppy oatmeal shampoo) and Schnaggles got a bit of dandruff. We rubbed a tiny bit of olive oil through his coat, which helped. Someone suggested we add a bit of olive oil to their food, or canned sardines in oil every now and then.

We also have a new animal shampoo by Aesop, who make yummy essential oil products. Can't wait for the next warm day to try it on them and me!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I don't know if this will help but I give my boys eggs twice a week. I haven't had a problem with dandruff with either of them (and I only bathe them once every two months). After giving Kaedyn eggs, he's gone from a dull coat to a very stunning deeper colored coat...so it *may* help out with the dandruff.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    I don't know if this will help but I give my boys eggs twice a week. I haven't had a problem with dandruff with either of them (and I only bathe them once every two months). After giving Kaedyn eggs, he's gone from a dull coat to a very stunning deeper colored coat...so it *may* help out with the dandruff.
    Eggs? Egg yolks? Or egg whites? Cooked or raw?

Cami has never had dandruff, so i really have no clue! I dont reccomend using head and shoulders because, it may have chemicals which may irratate the dogs skin!

I didn't know anything about the eggs either. How do you serve them Ash? (And nobody say sunny-side up or scrambled )

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Originally posted by CamCamPup33
    Eggs? Egg yolks? Or egg whites? Cooked or raw?

Cami has never had dandruff, so i really have no clue! I dont reccomend using head and shoulders because, it may have chemicals which may irratate the dogs skin!
    I feed both whites and yolks raw. If you were to feed just the yolk (or maybe it was the white...), you'd get a biotin deficiancy. But combined, the dog will recieve extra biotin. Some people aren't comfortable with feeding raw eggs though.

I'm not too sure about the head and shoulders. I think dogs require a shampoo with a different PH level than human shampoos offer.

Do i like mix it up before i give it, like you would before scrambled eggs? or just crack it and give it?

Originally posted by CamCamPup33
    Do i like mix it up before i give it, like you would before scrambled eggs? or just crack it and give it?
    I guess you could give it unmixed but I mix it just in case any of the boys decide to be picky and only eat the white or yolk.