Thread: Raven is having potty problems...?

Raven is having potty problems...?

My cats never have accidents; not in a few years. Well, of all places, Raven peed on our kitchen table yesterday. A few weeks ago, my housekeeper told me that she found cat poop under Jaden's bed. Even though she kept insisting it was cat poop, not dog poop, I just dismissed it as Teddy's. (He's not 100% potty trained yet.)

Should I be worried? I'm wondering if it's because of the stress of all the remodeling we are doing?

I think you should take Raven into the vet to rule out a UTI, if Raven doesn't have one then I would think it would be the stress.

Katie

You know how kitties are! Some of them just can't handle disruption within their territory. She really should go to the vet to rule out UTI but this may be her only way of letting you know just how stressed the remodeling is for her. Have you got a litterbox in a private spot away from noise and strangers? My cats get very nervous with strangers coming in and out and they don't deal well with lots of noise. We have lots of company around holiday time and they will hide out upstairs so I always put a litter box, food and water upstairs for them. They have to have a safe spot where they feel like nobody can get to them. Even if her litter box is in a private spot she may not want to even pass the noisy, full of strangers area to get to it. If it's not UTI then I would try to find her a quiet spot and put her litter box there. She is just trying to tell you that she is either in pain or very very stressed. Give her lots of lovin and hopefully it will all be over soon!! Poor baby. Hope I was of some help.

Well, remodeling the house can confuse a cat a lot, and these little accidents could be a reaction to it, but to be sure it's not an UTI, better take her to the vet!

Kirsten

I've been having lots of potty problems with Katie. Medically, she's fine - and there's nothing which should be stressing her out. So with the advice of some pet talkers, we devised a solution and she's actually doing very well.

We keep her in her crate with water and a litter box whenever we're not watching her carefully.

It sounds cruel and I didn't want to do it, but I think the crate makes her feel secure. She doesn't object to it at all. In fact I overslept this morning and she was in it for over 12 hours. The crate is by my bed. She was perfectly happy! She didn't even complain. She even goes in there on her own sometimes.

So - if your kitty seems to need some more security, maybe a crate would be a nice retreat for her. You could put her litterbox in there and cover it up with a blanket and put it in a nice quiet place, where she could run whenever she's stressed out. Just a thought - I'm certainly no cat expert!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

That is the first thing that I would do , to rule out illness. Sam sprays once in a while , after he and the Moose have a tiff! Good luck with Raven!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I just wanted to add my vote for the vet first to rule out anything. I am a strong believer in talking to the vet first. After illness is ruled out, it could definately be a disruption in routine.

Good luck and hopefully it will get better.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

But I was just at the bet with Dusty yesterday! lol. I'll take her.

Originally posted by Tonya
    But I was just at the bet with Dusty yesterday! lol. I'll take her.
    Maybe it was a fear reaction from going to the vet? I would still call them at least, and ask.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

I'm with everyone else, go to the vet. If you just had her there yesterday, did they take a urine sample? She is obvioulsy trying to tell you something either medically or stress like everyone else said. Good luck and keep us posted!!

No, I didn't have Raven at the vet yesterday. I had my dog, Dusty there. We had a little accident, but he's ok. I am going to take Raven after work tomorrow. My vet gives me the frequent customer discount anyways. lol.

(See http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=38500)