Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Cinder wants to keep the Stray she "found"...

Hi, All ~ It's me, Smokey talkin ~

Dad's been reel busy vestigatin a bad fire they Fire Guyz had inna house on the 12th - he had to spend a lotta time wiffa State Vestigator lookin fer whut started it, so we haven't been inna Shop to use the puter.

I'm talkin cuz the Cinder's purdy berrassed bout what she dun while we wuz Therapy Dawgin it at GranMom's place on the 10th. We wuz both inside fer g-nites and were inna lounge wiff G-Mom an Dad when a seekuritee guy came in to lock the outside door. He furgoted where we wuz layin an almost tripped over us when he turned round to leave. Kinda did a fast foot routine rite near Cinder. She thunk he was playin *footsie* wiff her so's she reached up an grabbed his foot shoe . Bad move, CinderMutt! He thunk she bited him nasty-like, so he runned off an called the reel Kops, anna Amboolance, anna Manager. After the fur setteled, nunbuddie could find any toofy marks on him, but the nice Kopper guy hadda take a report. Dad had our rabies certificuts an Cinder wuz reel frendlee (gave a lotta *schlurrpz* to the Officer an wunna the Mediks), so that kept us outta jail. Bad news comed inna letter last week - we're not allowed back inna Health Center . Dad sez we went way past bein NawTeeDawgz - now we're jest plain ole Bad Dogs!

Kinda bummed us out when Dad went to see GranMom last Sundee an hadda leave us inna house wiffa Kat. Probly gonna be a while fore we get ta see G-Mom cept maybe inna parkin lot on cool dayz when we can stay inna car. Nutz! We wuz jest gettin the hang of that therapy gig ...

Lilly (an Hannah, too) ~ sorree bout the *poundage* thing... Duz Kat food taste good? Boots' food is onna counter inna baffroom where we can't get at it - allus wundered how it tasted in bulk. Most we eber see is a piece or two he flips onna floor, but Cinder ushalee getz there fore I do an Hoovers em down furst.

An yer poor Kat, Butter ~ is the Kid's earbone gonna be OK? Ya otta tell him ta stay inside like our Boots duz! And whoz gonna do the PetSittin while yer Two_Leggerz are off havin a happy time wiffout you guyz??

An Daisey ~ a KOLD shower an then furgotted inna klozet ~ wow, whudda nite! Didja get ennie biskits fer all yer sorrowz?

Well, it's gettin late; we'll say Bye! fer now. Gotta drag MoufyMutt Cinder outta the corner where she's poutin an find Dad to aim the trakter towards the Ranch for dinner.

Wagg it if ya got wun; otherwize wiggel yer butts! /s/ SmokeMan

------------------
    /s/ Cinder & Smokey
    the Rescued & Adopted
    FurKids of *Phred*

[This message has been edited by Cinder & Smoke (edited June 22, 2001).]

Pooooor Cinder! We know you were just playing and being the silly girl you are. Thats awful the security guard had to involve the police and everyone. Don't worry Cin, we still love you.

Oh, Smokes, please tell Cinder not to feel so bad. We knew that old seekuritee guy was trouble from the get go. The POLICE and AMBULANCE....this guy's got a couple screws loose, should have called a mechanic! The sad, sad thing is that the grandmas and grandpas that don't get their Cinder and Smoke kisses. Breaks my heart. I'd be willing to bet that seekuritee guy isn't very nice to them either. Maybe they can all get together and write to the head honcho there and sign a letter to say how much those visits mean to them, and there was no trouble 'till seekuritee guy came around. I think maybe Cin got a kick in the ribs or something.

Hi, Hannah an Tucker ~ SmokeMan here ~

Tell yer Mom not to get all uppyset ober us loosin the therapy gig - Dad's jest reel thankful that ole Cinners dint reely hurt him. He sez she coulda wound up inna *jail* like when she wuz a liddel pup. An ebberbuddie's reel sure he dint mean to kick at her or try ta step on her - he jest furgotted where we wuz nappin till he turned round an there we wuz!

I'm the wun what otta be uppyset ~ MoufyDawg Cinners got to go see GranMom last Sundee cuz Dad wunted to show the reel Kopperz that she wuzint sick wiff *rabies* or aktin *strange* two weeks after the dust-up. Since it wuz gonna be a liddel onna *warm* side, he dint wunt boff of us ta have ta sit inna trakter kar, eben inna shade. So I got stuck inna basement while them two saw G-Mom. Nutz! Dad took GranMom onna big wheel chair ride round the partments, an Cinder gotz to trot along cuz the were outside. I wanna go next time eben if itz hot!

Cinners sez "HI, ebberbuddie!" Maybee we'll get her to talk next time.

Keep em waggin or wigglin ... /s/ Smokey

------------------
    /s/ Cinder & Smokey
    the Rescued & Adopted FurKids of *Phred*

Guess what!!!!

Mom came home today!!! We couldn't believe it! We thought she was gone for sure, and that Kim was our new mommy. But our real mom came home!!! And she brought us treats!! Can you believe it????

We did some bad stuff while she was away, and we feel real bad about it. I guess we're Nawtee Dawgs too now..... We don't know what to tell Mom about Evelyn, the hamster. But Mom said that she knows Evelyn probably was making lots of racket, and we just investigated.....but now Evelyn's gone, and Mom is sad.. But we're going to do better now that she's back and can love on us, and we don't have to be alone.

Mom said Helen cried because she wanted to come home with her, just so she could see us, and Mimi, Butter and Phoebe. But Mom said that she promised Helen to have a new hamster here when she gets back next weekend from visiting her dad, so that made her feel much better.

Our Mom cut the computer completely off before she left, so we haven't been able to type a word!!! In the meantime, we chewed up her living room rug....but she didn't even fuss about that. She said she knew a week was a LONG time to be away. We're kind of embarassed about it but she said the rug was a "test" anyway. She got it on sale at our Home Depot, just to see if a lighter color would work. It didn't! So we just finished it off for her....it had mud all over it anyway.

Well, we just wanted to say "hi" to everybody since we finally got our puter back. How about you guys checking in sometime soon???? We really need to get the heat off of us sometime....QUICK!!!!!

Love,
    Honey and Lilly
    with a little help from Butter and Mimi

Hi, Honey an Lilly ~ Cinders here ~

Yeah, do I know about "the heat"...
    Yer Mom tolded the Kat Group that the Butter's off the hook cuz he wuz outside when the Hamster Problem happened. Duzint leave too mennie suspekts, duz it? Hope ya lernt yer lessins - the SqueekerKidz can't be used as *squeeker toyz*. Our fuzzy *squeeker*, Boots the Kat, jest has to let out a liddel *yip* and Dad kumz a-runnin wiff fire in his eyeballs. Durn Kat gets us in trouble allua time, eben when he's havin FUN and enjoyin the rasslin match.

We been purdy luckie the last coupla weekends. Been reel kool an klowdy, so Dad's been takin us on visits to GranMom an lettin us stay inna kar unner sum trees till he grabs a bigwheel chair and then we all getz to tool round the partment komplex tagether. We sure do miss bein able to go inside an see the other G-Maws an G-Paws, though . Me an my big mouf.

Wensdee, the fourth, we tooked an extra trip to G-Mom's place an got sum outside time wiff her after the raindrops stopped. Then she tellz Dad she wantsa go see sum *firewerkz*. O-ma-gosh *firewerkz*! Whudda we gonna do wiff us Dawgz?? We tolded a storrie on the General site at about our furst *firewerkz* esperience. We thunk Dad wudda membered that and wuld leave us outta *firewerk* plans. But oh-no, Dad jumpz inna kar and round the building we go. Dad tosses GranMom inna frunt seat an off we go!

Next stop wuz inna shoppin mall parkin lot. Awfull lotta trakter kars an truks for a hollerday nite! Two-Leggers an Rug-Rats sittin in chairs an on blankies - all lookin in wun direkshun. Dad parks inna spot nexta a famblie sittin inna emptee spot. All ubba sudden the parkin lot lites went out and it gotz reel dark. Then the Fire Guyz blowed their sireen an a whole buncha streekers and *star*bursterz* started lightin up the sky!

Holy-rip ~ we're inna middel of a *firewerkz* show! . Kantcha take us home? But after a few minnits of pantin an vibratin onna back seat, Smokester an me kinda calmed down, cuz it reelie wuzint all that bad. Rug-Rat next door started bawlin, so's we gotsta watch his Mom bounce him up-an-down fer a while till he settled. The boomerz and bangerz weren't so terribul loud inna kar. SmokeMutt jest layed down an looked up wiff his eyeballs big as dinner plates. I stood in my co-pilut position tween Dad an G-Mom an watched the roketz go up an splode inna sky. Purdy neet show till it wuz ober an we gotz stuk inna traffiz jam-up fer a lotta minnitz. Wuz WAY past Gram's nitee-nite time when we got her back home!

We stayed awake till Dad stopped at Mister Dave's Wendy store fer a big burger. Dint see Dave, jest sum gurls atta winno. Dave musta been kookin the burgerz. (Wish Dad wuld ferget the unyinz, makes fer bad doggie breath!) We all rasseled round inna kar helpin Dad munch the burger and slurrp inna frostie kup; then Smokey an me kurled up onna back seat. We nebber woked up till Dad shut the trakter off inside it's sleepin spot!

Well, that's how we spended the Hollerday. Whud the rest of you FurKidz do? Grab yer pawboards an tell us yer tails!

Keep in touch, reel soon!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Daisy here. MOMMY'S HOME! MOMMY'S HOME! Finally! I thunked that she lefted me forever! Sure, I had a great time at her friend's house, but I kept lookin' out the windows for Mom. Well today her friend packed me and my stuff up and took me home, and the second the car came inna the driveway, Mom came flyin'. She ripped the door open and I jumped on her and gave her tons of kisses. I was cryin', I was so happy to see her! Then I ran to see Mom's sisters, mom, and dad! It was a great reunion. Mom was very happy to hear that I had a fun time. I even went swimmin' once! Well that was an accident, actually... I was chasin' a beaver and I fell inna pond... but Mom was happy She told me 'bout meetin' my brother! Too bad I couldn't of seen him! Me and Lucky were buds. Oh well! I gotta get back to makin' Mom pet me. I haven't left her side for one minute! It's good to be home!

Slobbery Kisses,
    Daisy

Welcome Home Bridget, it sounds like Daisy had quite the adventures while you were gone, swimming in a pond, wow. Daisy must be so happy now, I'm sure she is giving you kisses and more kisses.
    Jackie

Thank you! You know, vacation is always nice, but it really is great to be home, especially with my Daisy Mae!

Hey Everybody!

We read on another post where this message needed some stuff. Well, we're here, and hope the rest of you will be shortly! This has been too much fun and we can't let it die.

It's a hot summer here, and we've been spending most of our time inside, cept when our mom makes us go out to do our business or for a walk. We like walking, only last time she made us stay on the other side of the road from the duck pond. Said something about just having a bath....we don't understand that at all! All we wanted to do was go for a swim, and she about yanked our poor necks off, keeping us away from that pond. You know, since then, she hasn't walked us near that place. Whew! Our mom just doesn't understand.

Mom admitted to us that she is going away AGAIN in August. That nice lady, Kim, is coming to take care of us, but when is our mom going to take us with her? She said she is going to meet some of her new friends. First she will meet one buddy that you guys don't know, who has THREE dogs. Our mom's favorite is Trapper (as in Captain Von Trapp), and he came from the Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue, who sent mom enough money to make this trip. These people also have a human girl, who is the same age as our Helen, and two more dogs, Quinna, who is just like us too, plus another one, Jazzi. THEN, the big scoop is that Mom and Helen are going to see Star and Cody and their mom!! We can't believe it! Why can't we go? We can hold it a LONG time. I'm sure we wouldn't be any problem on the airplane. We could sit right next to our Mom and Helen.
    Then, they said they might even get to meet the lady who started this whole Pet Talk thing, Karen. Wow! Would there even be a Pet Talk if it weren't for puppies like us? And I guess we have to include those cats....

Well, anyway, Mom is already feeling her guilt, so we're getting lots of extra rubs and treats. And she's giving us green beans with our food! How great!

Lilly has a question. Do you think she should get Mom to take her in and have her weighed, just in case she has lost a few pounds? We are having a big problem with this food thing. Mom doesn't feed us like she used to. We thought maybe she would lighten up if Lilly had lost a little weight. What do you think?

Cinder and Smokey, our mom is in love with you. For Heaven Sake! We like your picture, but she hasn't even tried to put a picture of us on her signature like that. She hasn't even let us do our own thing on Pet Talk. We have to get her to let us on the computer! We think you are pretty cool too...especially with the bandanas on your necks. Lilly likes to have a bandana, and Mom got two really neat ones from the Golden Retriever people, but Honey keeps on chewing it off.

Well, we must go. Its time to go bark outside now. But we miss everybody. Mom has been giving us English lessons all summer, so we talk much better than we used to.

High Paws to everyone! Lilly has learned this trick. Honey is too stubborn!

Love,
    Honey and Lilly, taking turns at the keyboard

Hi, Honey and Lilly
    Maybe you should show your Mom the August issue of Dogfancy. There is a great Article on page 62 about doggy fun Beaches and Places in Cape Cod. I know you want to meet Star an Cody to.
    Logan, I think it is so great that you get to meet Sandra and her Furkids.
    Hope we get to see lots of pictures.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

Hi All ~ Cinder and Smokey here again ~

Here's an update we posted on another thread today - it explains were we've been (or rather, Not been) lately ~ Ho boy - gotta do a whole bunch of spacing corrections

July 18, 2001 12:20 PM

Last Friday GranMom got purdy sicklee (she gotz nee-maoan-ya ) so they shipped her off to the Big White Coat's Lab and Dad hadda go to Picksberg fer a "kupla dayz". The regular house we goez to when Dad leaves us wuz gonna be emptee cuz Unka Pat went outta town fer a whole week. So Dad arranged for anudder of his Fire Buds to come uppa our house an take care of us twicet a day or so. We got stuck inna basement cuz we get too rowdee to stay a long time up inna house wiffa Kat...

Ownlee problem wuz Dad furgetz to tell us Tracy is gonna be visitin us atta Ranch. Fiday nite rolls round anna *stranger* busts inna house an opens our door . Miz Cinders meets the *intruder* atta door an starts aktin like a tack dog. I tried ta tell her that guy looks kind familur an she otta back off a minnit, but she's grabbin his pant skinz an aktin feerooshus. Well, Tracy dint like that so much, so's they had a liddel
    deeskusshin an Cinders agreed that OkeeDoKee, Mister Tracy kuld be boss. I jest akted normul an waved my tailbone an wiggeled my butt an jumped up-an-down . I wuz purdy happie jest ta see *sumbuddie*!

We gotz our kunichies, fresh wadder, and went for an *outie*. Mr. Tracy dint trust Cinners ta run loose, so she hadda stay onna long rope, but I gotz to run round wiffa leash draggin cuz I kept commin rite back whenebber Tracy called my name. After Friday nite we wuz purdy nice ta Mister Tracy an his WifeMate when they comed ta visit wiff us.

G-Mom got a lot better, so Dad comed home on Mundee nite. He wuz a liddel uppyset when he busted us loose cuz tween Tracy's mornin an afternoon visits we gotz a liddel *rowdee* an played tug-a-war wiffa lay-me-down pad . Kinda had pad stuffin all ober our korner inna basement.

We all jumped inna trakter kar an rode uppa street ta thank Tracy for takin care of us.
    That's when Dad founded out bout Cinners way of greetin Mister Tracy an when we fluffed up our pad . Dad wuz happie cuz Tracy said we wuz reelee purdy *good* an he'd be willin to take care of us ennie time.

Mister Boots, the Kat, akted happie that Dad got back; an we all rasseled round an had a good time when we got back to the Ranch.

Good Newz!
    GranMom jest got tossed outta the Big Lab an sent back to the Health Center at her Village!

Dad's Sis is gonna visit G-Mom startin tumorrow nite, so Dad might not have to do ennie obernites fer a while. We're not sure iffin it's gonna be klowdee an kool enuff for us FurKIdz ta tag along this weekend. Since we have to spend sum time inna trakter kar
    unner the trees, we don't get ta go iffin it's gonna be hot an sunnie.

Dad sez Thankz fer thinkin bout his Mom!!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Attention!!!!!

Cinder, Smokey, Star, Cody, Hannah, Tucker, Daisy, Daisy and Perry, and everyone else....

Our mommy is going through withdrawals, big time!!! She said it makes her so sad that we don't hear from you anymore. She really likes your parents and everything, but really prefers to hear your side of the story.

So, our suggestion is this: When your mom and dad aren't looking, how about sneak over to the puter and leave a little message for us, even if it is short and sweet. Has to be sweet, cause all of you are!

And speakin of sweet....we can't have any sweets or anything else good to eat for that matter. We went to see the doctor this week and had to get on the scale again. Even after two months of hardly gettin anything to eat, we still didn't lose any weight. Neither of us did. Here's the count: Lilly weighed 96.6....mom just sighed when she saw that. And today, Honey went to the vet when Butter had his ears checked, and she weighs 72, just the same as in April! Dr. R (who doesn't wear a white coat) said that we have to resort to more drastic measures. Not only do we have to change the food we eat, but we also have to take a pill every single day for a month to help us not want to eat!
    He told Mom that even though she had tried hard, its so important to get those pounds off that he is going to try a little "boost". And do you know that he said that we don't need nearly as much food as Mom thinks we do? Heck she's only giving us 2 cups a day, each, now. She promised not to cut down on the amount, but did say we had to learn to eat something different called senior food. We're not seniors! We're just little teenage girls...well, not exactly little. Mom says that Lilly has to lose 16 pounds at least, and Honey has to lose 7, and she's not giving up until we do it. Whew! We might need you to sneak us a little treat in the mail or something....Sure hope those pills work.

Anyway, hope we can start talking more often. Mom said her buddy, Sandra, said she missed us all too. So come on, life sure would be easier if Mom was happy. Mom always says that "When Mom is happy, everybody is happy".

Night everyone...hope to hear from you soon.

Love,
    Honey and Lilly (who are starving already)

Daisy here. I agree, why haven't we furkids been takin' over the pyooter anymore? We better take back our reign as the furry kings and queens of Pet Talk!

Honey and Lilly, that's horrible! You poor girls. If only I knew how to send stuff in the mail, I'd sneak you down some of my Pupperonis

I have been gettin' spoiled even more than usual lately! I got a lil' bumpy thing on my chest. I feel fine, but Mom's totally freakin' out 'bout it. She's makin' me go to the vets to get it checked out! Grandma tells her it's nothing, and so do I, but you guys know how moms get, worryin' all the time 'bout everythin'! Oh well, ya gotta love 'em!

Guess what: the neighbors next door got CHICKENS! Chicken is my favoritest food ever! But Mom won't let me eat 'em. She says, "Daisy, look! Nice chicky, nice!" And pets 'em and I get jealous and go sulk. They're lil' and yellow and squeak a lot. I could get rid of one in one gulp but I am pretty sure Mom wouldn't like that too much. The other day she put one right under my nose and it pecked me! I just sniffed its lil' beak, and Mom got all excited and grabbed her black box with the flashin' light... her kamra. She started taking pictures galore of me and the chicky, nose to beak. She got 'em developed and keeps screamin' about how cute they are, and then she gets mad that we don't got no scanner so you Pet Talkers can't see 'em. Oh well. Word has it that Grandpa ordered a digital kamra, so Mom's been real happy 'bout that. As for me, I am not too happy... I foresee a lotta me bein' bugged by Mom while she klicks her kamra at me. She does that enuff as it is! Oh well, beauty is pain.

I got other good news. Mom's friend just got a Basset! Her family loved ME so much (can ya blame 'em?) that they went out and got their own. I haven't met him yet but he is 7 months old and his name is Charlie. Hmmm... a younger man... my boyfriend Moe is gettin' a little worried I dunno what's gonna happen there, but Mom invited him to my birthday party next month. A blind date!!! Hehe.

Well I best be off to bed cuz I'm real tired. I was up real late last night barkin' and howlin' at all the bad stuff outside. Mom kept goin' downstairs and carryin' me up again, but then I'd just hear somethin' outside and go clomping down the stairs! I weigh more than half of Mom so she wasn't too happy. Finally I scared all the bad things away and went back to bed at 3. Another night, free of bad guys and evil animals, thanks to Daisy Mae, Wonder Hound!

Slobbery Kisses,
    Daisy

"Hallo! Wie gehts? Ich hiesse Sassy Sara Leigh oder Sara. Und du? Wie heisst du?"

"No Sara. It's not like the telephone...you can't speak. You're gonna hafta type...and quit with the German!"

"I'm a boxer--I come from Germany. I'm a big scary dog with big strong jaws, sinewy muscles, and nerves of steal!"

"No you don't. You came from a local breeder. You're a big HAIRY dog with slobbery jaws and nerves of jello."

*gasp* "I can't believe you just insulted me! Me! Your loyal, faithful, compassionate, trusting--"

"Enough! Just tell the nice people what you wanted to say!"

"OKAY! Quit bugging me. Go away--I'll bark if I need your help...AND NO READING OVER MY EARS...IT DRIVES ME NUTS! Grrrr...

Ok guys, sorry bout that. Sheesh! You know how these humans can be.

Now then. My name is Sassy Sara Leigh. You may call me Precious Princess Sara----*sigh* Mom just gave me "THE LOOK" so I guess Sara will suffice.

I am a 2 yr old furry-oshush death machine. Uh-oh. Just got the *AHEM* from Mom. That means You'd-better-watch-it-Missy-or-you'll-end-up-in-time-out. Ok, so i'm only a death machine to flowers. Hey can I help it roses taste so good? I prefer the red ones but since I ate it down to a stubb--yes, thorns and all--I'll make do with the pinks. Mmmmmmm...pinks...reminds me of the glad-e-olas that Granmom bought yesterday. Mmmmmm...

Uh-oh! I've gotten drool all over the keyboard. Hope Mom doesn't see this mess! Umm...I'd better go for right now...geez, what a mess I've made...I'll try to write more when I ain't droolin' so bad...oh dear! Hey! There's one of the cats...I can blame it on her or better yet, use her as a mop! HERRREEE KIITTTYYY KITTTTYYYYYYYYY...."

[ August 18, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]