Thread: Older cat in desperate need

Older cat in desperate need

I got this email this evening from a friend of mine. Just some background information on our SPCA. Basically it pretty much sucks to be blunt. The manager seems to enjoy destroying animals and will often put animals down even when there is cage space available. There have even been times he has euthanized cats when people are in the process of trying to adopt them or when the owner has been found but can't get to the shelter in the next hour or so. They won't even wait a day. So the chances of this cat surviving the SPCA for even an hour are slim to none. If anyone can help please contact me.

Denyce

Hello Folks - My name is Ingrid and I volunteer
    for Centre County PAWS. PAWS is a non-euthanasia animal shelter. I am sending you this EXTREMELY URGENT message from our President and hope that you pass it on to others on your list serve.....

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    FROM CENTRE COUNTY PAWS PRESIDENT - PLEASE HELP BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE

This is a very urgent appeal to save a cat. A wonderful 11 year old cat is going to be taken to the the SPCA on Monday November 24, 2003, because the current owner is moving to Florida. The current owner feels the cat is too old to take along on this move. Due to her age, the cat will most certainly be euthanized at the SPCA (they can euthanize owner surrenders the same day they are brought in). This is a sweet cat, no issues, no bad habits, in good health. She is a reddish-brown and black tiger kitty, lives with a boxer and other cats, and is in desperate need of help BEFORE Monday.

If you can help, or know someone who can, please contact ASAP,

Is she a breed? Is there a rescue that can help?

There are even All-breed rescues. Call them.

This is so sad. I don't understand how people can do this. The owner really thinks a move is too hard for her but abandoning her and having her put down would be better?

From Decker with Love

This is so sad and makes me mad at the same time. I sure hope that someone will be able to save this poor cat. Please keep us updated.

I can hardly believe anyone can be so mean. How very sad!! It makes me boil!!

Has the owner asked around in the neighborhood? Or could someone make the owner see sense and be persuaded to take the cat along?

If not, perhaps if a good picture of this cat could be put up around the area, and would make someone want to rehome the cat? I really hope it will be possible to find a loving home!!

Best of luck!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

whats going on w/this. can you let me know? lilly

got this email this evening from a friend of mine. Just some background information on our SPCA. Basically it pretty much sucks to be blunt. The manager seems to enjoy destroying animals and will often put animals down even when there is cage space available. There have even been times he has euthanized cats when people are in the process of trying to adopt them or when the owner has been found but can't get to the shelter in the next hour or so. They won't even wait a day. So the chances of this cat surviving the SPCA for even an hour are slim to none. If anyone can help please contact me.

What kind of ridiculous place is this. I've never heard of anything so idiotic before. They actually euthanize cats when people are in the process of trying to adopt them and can't wait for an owner to come and get them. This is a little unbelievable.
    Why hasn't something been done about this.
    This is absolutely ludicrous.

I hope this sweetheart is able to find a home and fast before it is sent to the slaughter house from hell.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Originally posted by rg_girlca
    got this email this evening from a friend of mine. Just some background information on our SPCA. Basically it pretty much sucks to be blunt. The manager seems to enjoy destroying animals and will often put animals down even when there is cage space available. There have even been times he has euthanized cats when people are in the process of trying to adopt them or when the owner has been found but can't get to the shelter in the next hour or so. They won't even wait a day. So the chances of this cat surviving the SPCA for even an hour are slim to none. If anyone can help please contact me.

What kind of ridiculous place is this. I've never heard of anything so idiotic before. They actually euthanize cats when people are in the process of trying to adopt them and can't wait for an owner to come and get them. This is a little unbelievable.
    Why hasn't something been done about this.
    This is absolutely ludicrous.

I hope this sweetheart is able to find a home and fast before it is sent to the slaughter house from hell.
    I agree. Why hasn't something been done? It is obviously run by a pervert who gets off on destroying animals, or simply hates cats. How can this even be allowed to occur???????

As for the owners

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

How horrendous! You may want to call some cat rescue groups in the area . . . surely one will want to swoop in and give this kitty a new lease on life. There are several such groups in my area that regularly visit the kill shelters and grab the cats that have run out of time. If you have a PetSmart store in your area, these groups usually have cats up for adoption and you can gather contact information from the adoption forms they leave in case someone is interested in one of the cats.

I pray this practice of euthanizing cats will cease, but before that will happen, owners must stop regarding their pets merely as disposable, unfeeling objects to be cast aside at their whim!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs