Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update.....and asking for prayers.....

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you.

My sister is in the same battle with lung cancer. Tell your dad there is hope. My sister is currently in remission. We are all so thankful.

One thing that might break some of the tension with your mom is to give her a hug. Sounds too simple, but I'm sure she's needing the support as much as you are. Sticking together is what will get you through this.

When a family member that we dearly love is ill, it leaves us all feeling so helpless and frightened.

Of course, if we could, we would wave a wand and make it all go away. But we can't.

Yes, a hug for your Mom, I know she could use one, and she will hug you back because you need one too.

Please know that I will keep your entire family in my prayers and hope that soon you can share good news with us on your Dad's progress.

You've definetly got my positive thoughts. Good luck, Brooke's daddy! =) Please feel better soon!

Thanks so much, guys.

You have no idea how much I would love to give my mom, sister, and dad a hug.....but with a drive over 8 hours between us, it makes things pretty tough. I think that's the hardest part for me.....I can't be there when I really want/need to. Thank God I'm going home on Tuesday for Thanksgiving break.

Prayers and many get well wishes for your dad from us.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

I'll be sending positive thoughts for your dad's recovery and your entire family!

Hugs to you all!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks, Albea....thanks, Randi.

Moose, I'm soooo sorry I didn't see this sooner. I've had alot of cancer in my family too. My Grandfather died of throat cancer (from smoking), my Aunt died from breast cancer, my father lived with skin cancer for most of his life and right now my cousin in battling lung cancer that has now spread to her brain.

When you go home, make sure you tell them you love them. Try to put aside all the bad things that have been said among the family. Now is the time you need them, and they need you.

Prayers going out to you and all of your family. Also, saying a special prayer that things continue to improve with you and your BF. This might be a corny cliche, but "hang on to a good thing and don't let it slip away." Love is too hard to find these days and he can help you through the rough spots.

Hugs to you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Add me to the list of wellwishers too! My family has experienced a similar situation with an illness and nursing home care and recent cancer deaths too. I really, honestly feel your anxiety and tension. You never have a clear mind or heart. It take a toll on everything and everyone. Please try not to feel so bad about the arguments. I had to go to a therapist after my dad died and it is so normal for these things to happen. I don't think I said "I'm sorry" so much in my life. We've always been a "huggy/kissy" family and at the end of the day, tears and hugs went a long way. It's so frustrating to see a family member suffer, especially a parent who's not allowed to get sick...Rolls reversed in my family when I had to wash and change my dad for a while. Please know, and I'm sure you do..that your mom and dad know you love them to bits. I'm glad you're going to have a family Thanksgiving. It'll help to see everyone. Like Sandra.."Daddy Prayers" will be said for you. Please also give him a big hug from me and lots of encouragement for a speedy recovery!

I've been Boooo'd!

I know Brooke that you are going through a very bad time right now while your dad is sick, I know also how hard it is on the family, it is hard on your dad, very hard so many worries. Your mother is going through a very tough time too right now, when you have somebody sick that is close to you, you never stop worrying, my husband does not have cancer but he has heart and lung problems, and we have been dealing with this for such a long time. I worry about him contantly, I even watch him sleep and make sure he is still breathing. I hope and wish the best for your dad, mother and you. Its really hard for you to have to be so far away and worry about what is going on at home. Bless you Brooke and your family.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I know its really hard to deal with when you have a sick family member
    I have already been sending good thoughts and prayers your way since your first post and I will continue to.
    Try to not get into that many arguments with your mom, just try to always think of good thoughts and remember that your dad will recover soon.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -