Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A fund raiser

A fund raiser

EDIT: July 1, 2004 We are still receiving donations from people at Pet Talk, and we all at One By One thank you. See last post for an update

EDIT: Dec 31,2003 Thank you to all who helped with this fund raiser. As of the end of 2003 we here at pet talk raised over $500. But the need continues, so if at any time you ever feel a $1 burning a hole in your pocket, the people at One by One will know how to put it to good use.
    At this moment, among other things, we will be helping Timmy's new mom cope with unexpected medical bills for his surgery. My other foster Tuscany will be requiring an operation for a turned-in eyelid so no further damage to his eye occurs. And the list goes on.
    the shelter mailing address (as posted later in this thread) is:

One By One
    27 Garman Rd.
    Kutztown, PA 19530.

THANK YOU ALL

original post starts here
    I would like to promote the rescue organization that I foster through. Our name is One By One cat rescue. We are all volunteer, relying on donations, and are no-kill. I am personally asking all my friends and acquaintences to visit our website and donate $1 through paypal. Why $1? Because in today's day and age where a simple cup of coffee costs MORE that $1, I figure that each person could afford to go caffeine free for one day a little joke...hee hee The truth is, I hope to get a larger response by not being too demanding. If you all lived in my neighborhood, I'd probably be selling you raffle tickets, but you are spread over the entire globe.

our website is:
    www.1by1.petfinder.org

Please visit and donate if you are able and do NOT feel obligated to explain all of the reasons you why are NOT donating. If I had asked you in person you could just kindly say, no thank you.

If you can afford more than $1, we will be grateful

Do it for me as a friend, do it for the kitties, do it because the season of giving often starts off with 1 simple dollar.

Thank you and God bless.
    Last edited by jenluckenbach; 07-01-2004 at 07:12 PM.

Jen, is PayPal required to make a donation?

for paying through the website, I think the answer is yes. I could post a shelter address for personal checks for anyone who is interested or anyone could PM me for my address. Any checks would be to ONE by ONE so no one would have to worry about me taking the money and running.

the shelter's mailing address:
    One By One
    27 Garman Rd.
    Kutztown, PA 19530.

I would like to extend my personal thank you to sirrahbed and Killearn Kitties for their donations and also to Freckles for her offer to mail a donation. The kitties and I thank you for your kindness.
    Most of our cats started out as homeless strays and are now learning how wonderful it can be to have a circle of family and friends that love them. Thank you for becoming part of that circle.

How considerate of you to ask for just a small amount. I really get upset with organizations list a suggested amount of $25, $50 $100 or more. It makes people who can afford less feel as if their donation would be considered *cheap* and not be appreciated, hence they don't participate at all. Well, that's how I feel anyway.

I will be sending a donation by check. Good luck with your fundraiser.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Oh, Jen!! Working with a rescue group myself, I fully understand the stress your group is under, every day, to keep yourselves up and running! How about I skip a few Starbucks Cappas?? I'll be sending my contrib. in via PayPal!! You're the best, Jen!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Jen,
    I will be mailing in my contribution directly to the organization, k?
    Thanks for loving the kitties.
    Johanna

Did you know that pet talk has donated over $130 so far?? Great work guys!

Good luck with your marvellous work Jen., I've donated on the site and fallen in love with a Meezer called Chico!!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

One By One

Jen - I broke down and decided to give Paypal another try. Donation on it's way. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I also wrote an e-mail to our no-kill shelter and suggested they investigate getting registered with Paypal. http://www.adopt-a-cat.org/

Lisa
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Thank you Lynne, Lisa and also a thank you to Slick (I got your check)

Lias, I hope they go for the paypal idea. It is a good way for people to donate easily.

Let me thank Kuhio and PayItForward for donations just received via paypal. I do not wish to embarrass anyone, but with those donations our total just jumped considerably.
    {{{HUGS}}} to one and all.

Since I don't have a Paypal account, I will send a check to the address you gave, Jen. I hope many others will also contribute to help offset the tremendous cost involved in helping those kitties in dire straits. I'm so glad you have reached out to us!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Thank you AvaJoy

Thank you Lorraine (rg_girlca). The kitties thank you very much.

There was also a donation, originating in MD form a lady by the name of Sarah (last name edited from public view). It is assumed to be a pet talk person, but I must admit, I am not certain who it is. Very embarrasing, especially if I should know.
    If you are out there, thank you.