Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess it's been weighing on me more than I thought

Whew!

I'm glad to hear that it was benign! That must have been a big relief off your shoulders!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

That is great news. I'm so happy for you.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Hey God ~

Thanks!!

/s/ the P-Pups

{{{Hugs}}} Deb!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Joyce, thank you for your explanation. Obviously I went back immediately for the second mammogram and got a clean bill of health. But, I had to pay for the second mammogram as my insurance (even though excellent coverage and expensive) would not pay for it.

In comparing notes with my friends and I guess I am talking about six women - all of us returned for a second mammogram, all of us had to pay for it and all of us received a clean bill of health. That is why we concluded that it was a way for the office (and we are talking about six different firms) to be paid more than the piddly amount the insurance allows for mammograms.

That said, it still is nothing to fool around with or ignore. All of us know about breast cancer and how serious it is.

Also, bless you for taking the time and care with your patient.

Originally posted by slick
    Debbie: don't you know that the minute something is bothering you, you should come to us for prayers and support??
    Thanks so much everybody! I know what a wonderful group this is, and I would have come to you before, but I had no idea it was bothering me as much as it evidently was. I think like Gini said, I just sort of "stuffed" it in the back of my mind. The only thing I was thinking was that if I had to have surgery, that would give me some time off work and I'd be able to spend all day on PT - guilt free!

But it's true, you just go through your daily routine and try not to think about it. I think it's kind of like when something dangerous happens - say you run in front of a bus to pull a child out of its way, then you both collapse on the sidewalk. While it was going on all you could think about was the task at hand, and the full reality of how you could have been killed doesn't hit you until it's all over.

The doc upped my dosage of the thyroid medicine and I also found out that I'm taking my calcium supplement too close to the time that I take the thyroid medication. Seems the thyroid stuff binds real easy to just about everything else, so you have to take it all by itself, at least 1/2 hour before eating or drinkin anything else, and calcium supplements should not be taken within 4 hours of taking the thyroid meds. I was taking them anywhere from 1 to 1/2 hours afterwards. So hopefully by not taking the calcium supplement, more of the throid medicine will get in my system and do its thing.

And the lump is on the right side of my throat. If you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't be able to see it, but since I know it's there....it's sort of like an adam's apple on the side and little lower than a real adam's apple and it "bobs" when I swallow. Doesn't hurt, doesn't do anything, it's just there.

So I'll just continue on with the meds and be rechecked in 6 months. From what I understand, they'll just keep checking it and if and when it becomes a problem, then they'll decide on the surgery. So for now - I'm free!

Thanks again everybody, your support really means a lot. Hugs to you all.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm so relieved to hear it's good news and not cancerous!

*HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Debbie, really good news, I am so happy for you.

Big hugs
    Chris

8. Debbie....glad to hear about your positive outcome! What a relief!

WHAT!!! bogus!!! here in ohio, if you are called back for additional views as requested by a radiologist, they are to be covered by the insurance. period. can you appeal this decision to the insurance company and if needs be to the state regulation body that covers insurance issues. that is just plain bad business and raising h#$% over that decision is the only way to change that. also letting your employer know how inadquate the insurance they co buy with you via a letter is good too. that insurance company is subverting the medical opinion of a physician and that should not be tolerated. [QUOTE]
    Obviously I went back immediately for the second mammogram and got a clean bill of health. But, I had to pay for the second mammogram as my insurance (even though excellent coverage and expensive) would not pay for it......
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Debbie, I am glad the results of your biopsy were good. Here's hoping that with the dosing change the medication will work better.
    Tubby and Peanut, lets have some purrs for your mommy.
    Steffi and Lovable

Congrats on non surgery We know all about the fine needle asperations here. Hubby had a lump come up in the same surgery feild that they took the cancer out of 6 years ago (new lump last spring) When the doc started to gather the cells Hubby about belted him one . Turns out it wasn't a new tumor but a neroma . It is a lump formed when the nerve endings bind to gether after the salavry gland is rmoved. Most times they reattach flat but his gathered up to each other. can become canerous over time so a day surgery recut and stitched them down. Hubby says fine needle bulls--- quite a statment from a non swearing man.
    Glad to hear that your fine. I suffer from thryod conditons so I understand.

Thanks again everyone. T & P have been a great comfort - as usual. Tubby is always my purr baby and loves laying on me and purring away as I pet him - great therapy. And Peanut has been overly affectionate since her Daddy had a trade show at McCormick place and has been especially busy this week - and away from home. So she's deprived of his attentions - so she comes to me but rather than minding, I love the extra attention from her.

I'm surprised that the lump is still sore from being poked so many times. Hurts when I sneeze. But I'm sure it's just healing and will be fine.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

so glad you are going to be ok . I know it was hard to go through the waiting . I have been there but i had lazer surgery on my throat . when I ask was it cancer they said it was in the gray area . that was in 1997 . so far Im doing well .
    I do know that It was a fear I went through,that Ill never forget .

originally posted by Barbara
    It's often like that -you know how to manage it while you are waiting but after the result turns out, you really feel how heavy it weighed.
    This is so true, you push these things to the back of your mind, just to be able to carry on, don't you? I'm so happy for you that the results were good.

{{{Debbie}}}

Whoa! Somehow I missed this thread till now. What a relief for you. It is amazing sometimes you don't realize how worried you are until something is over. {{{hugs again}}}

From the info you give, it sounds like I'm taking my thyroid medicine wrong. Note to myself to talk to my doctor about that next visit.

Joyce, thank you for the clarification about what goes on behind the scene following a mammogram. Very enlightening.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/