Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Dog

My New Dog

Well today I did it, I have a new dog, and no it is not a poodle, I am the proud new owner of Charlie, a golden retriever. Today was pts day for him at the pound. Sometimes I just hate people. he was in for biting(which he did not do) the little girl cut her finger on the fence it was not a dog bite. But her parents were raisinig such a fuss that the owners did not want him back. He is so sweet 4years old and neutered. I am not sure what I am going to do with him. I plan on keeping him for a while as I dont think the owners spent a lot of time with him. as he doesn't come when his name is called. in fact he doesnt respond at all. He is not really leash trained as he and I went all over the yard. Doesnt like going into his crate. Sounds pretty bad but not really because when you pet him he just hangs his head like he is in trouble. So we are going to spend a lot of time being happy and training. Not to mention losing about 15 pounds as he is very overweight (coffee table size as I like to say) this is not good for a dog at all. I may keep him or send him to Golden Town. I am going to call Helen later. after I decide what to do.

You will be just what he needs. I'm so sad for him, having such a horrible start to life. You will be a blessing. And he will be smart enough to learn quickly with lots of love and praise. Thank you for pulling him.

Thank you so much for saving his life!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Re: My New Dog

Congratulations on your Goldie.
    That is to bad about his last owners giving him up.
    Maybe that is better for Charlie, he will be in a much better
    home now where he will be trained, loved and
    cared for either by you or another loving family.

----<---<--<{(@

Well, if a dog ever needed a happy home ........... Charlie sure does, and BOY is he lucky to have found you!!

What a great thing you have done. Love and Hugs across the miles!!

Be a "Good Boy Charlie!!!" - we know you can learn!!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Tommy is a rescue pup too actually but I got him when he was six months old. I don't know really what his former home was except that he was basically living chained up outside.. but I do know to this day he cringes if you hold an object up in front of him .

Also when we got him we had him neutered right away but he immediately developed bad swelling and some bleeding and the vet discovered he had strychnine (sp?) in his system, common ingredient in rat poison..

We don't know if it was deliberate or not, but for MONTHS we had a problem with him and submissive urination.

Now the only time he submissive urinates is if a stranger kinda suddenly bends over him or reaches for him.

Good luck with your new boy. I think goldens are one of the most loving, cuddly dogs I've known, and I certainly can't see one biting a child.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear more about him and see pics!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Congratulations and THANKYOU for saving this sweet boy!!!!! ::hugs::

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Bless your heart for saving this beautiful boy! His familiar "story" just infuriates me! It's one I hear countless times from families surrendering their Retrievers. Everyone wants that quintessential family companion, totally unaware of the needs of a dog, let alone a large, energetic Retriever. The dog receives little training and less and less aattention, and before long, a neglected, unsocialized pup is turned in I wish you and Charlie all the best. I know he will thrive under your care and love! HUGS to you Charlie!! Can't wait to see pics of the precious boy!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Im so glad you rescued him from death ! So glad there is people like you around ! My mother and father always went to the pound to get their dogs too . They had money to buy special breeds if they wanted but they chose too save lifes instead . They were really good dogs that were in there that just needed to be loved and cared for . You are a good person !

Its been awhile since I have been on the computer. I have been very busy with all my dogs. at the time I posted this I was up to 4 dogs. 1 mini and 2 standard poodles and one golden. Well in a month you know how things can change. Tom my boyfriend is going to Iraq. Sooooooooo I now have another golden retriever. So now there are 5 dogs at my house. Well Yesturday I brought home a chihuahua, I call him pumkin, I am suppose to be fostering him for a rescue group. But I made the fatal mistake, I let him sleep with me last night. I am going to see if I can Keep him so that makes 6 plus 1 cat. In columbus we are only allowed 5 pets. oops dont tell anyone that I have 7. even though I live on 300 acres I am still in the city limits and that rule still applys to me. Heaven help me. But they say god only gives us what we can handle.

With that I am wishing each and every one on Pet Talk a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May each and everyone have a safe holiday.

God Bless
    Cissie, oodles of poodles and goldens, and 1 chihuahua

oodlesofpoodles, Just tell them your chihuahua is a rat. Hehehe.
    Thoses chihuahua has a way of grabing your heart!

I know Tiny is different from any dog I have ever had. Very loving and baby like. Some times she is weird. hehehehe.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

goldens are like chips....

...you will never have just one. i heard that at a golden endings event once. goldens are just the most lovable dogs. may your time with your furbabies be happy,healthy and long
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Oodles of Poodles, I have missed seeing you here but after reading your note I can certainly understand! Wow there is a lot going on in your life! I hope that your boyfriend will stay safe in Iraq and be back as quickly as possible!! I am laughing about the little chi stealing your heart after only one night in the Big Bed! Do you have any updates on Charlie? How is his training going? Oh, and don't worry - your little secret is safe with us! LOL! Five pets - yep that's what she has - only five pets! Stop by now and then when you get a chance and give us some updates!

LOL! your new addition will be very easy to keep
    a secret. Your life sounds very hectic right now,
    and I hope your boyfriend will be safe/sound and return home
    to you soon.

Wishing you and your 7 pets, I mean 5 pets, a Happy safe Holiday.

----<---<--<{(@