View Poll Results: Do you have a maine coon/mix ??

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!

19 54.29%
  • No!!

16 45.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mainecoons!!

Mainecoons!!

How many people here on PT a maine coon or a maine coon mix?
    Im curious to see how many!!

My Mooky is a Main Coon mix.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Mooky's Adorable!!

Jackson is our Maine coon. All the paperwork we have indicates he is about 13.5 years old. We got him at a PetsMart adoption day about 5 years ago.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!

Mishi - my Main Goon!!! :D

I love this picture of him -- the silly smirk on his face and those airplane ears! LOL! His ruff has completely grown in now.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Until coming to PT, I had never heard of a Maine Coon. Well, I am not very breed savvy - my knowlege was pretty much limited to siamese, himalayan, ragdolls, manx and a few more. My cats have always been mixed domestics. At the catshow I went to a few weeks ago - the most popular breed there was the Maine Coon! They are so huge and soft and just gorgeous!

I didn't know I did until I came to PT. I now know that Peanut Butter and Pete really seem to fall into the mix catagory. I don't really know for sure but I voted yes! From all the stuff I have looked up on the internet about Maine Coons I think I'm right in my vote. They are just wonderful mutts to me!!

My big boy Ripley is a Maine Coon mix. He weighs in at 19-20 pounds right now but the vets want him down to 18 pounds.

He's my big ole teddy bear.

From Decker with Love

Here's Peanut, my little Maine Coone mix.

I know she's not purebred because she's tiny compared to purebreds. Even though, being a female, she'd be smaller than some of the males, she's still too tiny. But she has the ear and toe tufties that are characteristics and she doesn't really meow, just sort of "chirps" which I understand is typical of Maine Coones. She also has the longer hair that's typical.

But it really makes no difference to me if she's purebred or not, she's my little sweetie, snotty girl and I wouldn't trade her for the world.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

All of your cats are sooooo beautiful. I fell in love with Maine Coons at my first cat show. Knew nothing of them before that but was totally bewitched at the initial intro. Yum - a real treat to see so many of them all at once. And I include mixes here- could care less about whether one is "pure" or not. They are all gorgeous and I wish I had seventy-eleven of them

I have 2, Bob and Joey:

Bob is mostly Maine Coon, but I think that there is a mix in there somewhere. He is about 17 lbs.

Then there is my baby girl Joey. I think that she has some Maine Coon in her, but I am positive that there is something else too. I just don't know what. I say that because her fur texture is different from Bobs:

Hope you enjoyed the pics.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

No Maine Coons here, but I do really like the breed. I love large cats.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Moose the magnificent is A Big Maine Coon , and he has to lose weight , as it is very hard for him to groom himself properly. That is why he had to be shaved , and has to be sprayed to get his skin moistorized!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

My Pichu is either a pure bred or a mix. Gotta find out, but an't approach his former humans (or un-humans) to ask about it.

Fawnie is a Maine Coon mix, although I think she is mostly MC.

Here's my girl!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!