Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Rescue .... Special "Angel"!!!

New Rescue .... Special "Angel"!!!

Last night late, I received a phone call from a young college student (male) who had witnessed someone throwing a kitten from a moving car! Luckily this young man saw that it was a kitten, and stopped to pick it up. He was frantic to find someplace to take it in, as he is a young full-time student. I gave him directions to my house, and he came right over. When I laid eye on this baby I knew she was an ANGEL! It was obvious that her back left leg was broken ... it was dangling. Well, I took her to my vet today, to find out that BOTH of her back legs are broken!!!

I was there nearly two hours while she was sedated (which made her vomit about 4 times ) and while the Doctor made two special splints for her tiny little legs. When she came back up from the sedative, she went WILD!!! The vet suggested she stay overnight to calm down before coming home. She had her belly, tail and bottom shaved, as she will be unable to use her litter box or clean herself. I will have to do all of this for her for two full weeks, provided she doesn't have complications from the splints. (ie: blood circulation cut off, or sores developing).....
    My vet called me later this evening and said that baby Angel had settled down and she was even able to hold her, and she was purring! She also had eaten, so that was great news! I will be picking up my new precious Angel Baby in the morning. (As well as finding out what my bill will be)

Please say a prayer for my new Angel .... she will not be leaving my home EVER .... no way I would entrust her care to someone else!

[IMG] http://www.kimscats.com/PreciousBabyAngel11.18.03.jpg[/IMG]
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Angel Pics

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Awwwww, Kim, I'm so glad Angel has found you. I couldn't think of a more perfect home and heart for her to be in.

She's a perfect doll. I'll be praying for speedy healing and a full recovery.

Love,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Re: New Rescue .... Special "Angel"!!!

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    she will not be leaving my home EVER .... no way I would entrust her care to someone else!
    "EVER!" Typed with meaning.

I'm so glad to hear she's ok so far. Fingers crossed and prayers said.

Poor baby. People continue to disgust me.

Kim you are an angel for taking her in. I was very happy to read that the doctor was able to help her, but 2 broken legs, OMG. I was also excited to read that she had calmed down and ate something. I hope that she will have a speedy recover. Also she is just so cute in that picture. She looks kind of sad in that first photo, that broke my heart. She looks much happier in the next ones.

She and you will both be in my prayers. Please keep us up dated wen you can.

I just have to vent for a second:
    Some #*?(!@% people should have D**M Heads amputaded. They are a #$@#()#$@ waste of oxygen. You could have at least stopped the #*)@#(*) car before you got rid of the kitty, you #(*@#) jerk.

Sorry that just makes me REALLY angry.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Kim, Angel sure looks like a sweetheart. I'm so glad you were able to take her in and adopt her. Prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way for a quick and full recovery for sweet little Angel.

Prayers on the way!!

She is so adorable and I'm so glad she found you. I think you are a guardian angel!!

From Decker with Love

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Originally posted by CatDad
    Some #*?(!@% people should have D**M Heads amputaded. They are a #$@#()#$@ waste of oxygen. You could have at least stopped the #*)@#(*) car before you got rid of the kitty, you #(*@#) jerk.
    My sentiments exactly!

I'm so glad Angel found an angel in you. Godspeed for a speedy recovery little one. She looks so sweet.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I agree, you're definitely the angel in this story, Kim! You're generosity and kindness is just infinite!!

I'm so glad she found you. She's absolutely beautiful!!

Kim, YOU are the angel, along with that young college student who saw the whole thing and had enough heart to stop and help. Poor little kitty.

She is an absolute doll and I can't wait for more pics and more good reports on how she's doing. I'm so glad to hear she calmed down and even purred for the vet. Now hopefully everything will heal properly and hopefully she has no internal injuries that will hinder her recovery.

I just love that sweet little face already!

Oh, and CatDad, we all understand exactly how you feel.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Dear little Angel, a kiss for the black spot on your little chin. You are now with a big angel who will give you the best care in the world and a loving home... forever. I hope you heal well and have no complications. Big thanks for the student who called you, Kim.
    Steffi and Lovable

Poor baby! How could ANYONE harm such an angel?!?! What a CUTIE she is! AWWWW! Congrats on the new addition! She has found the PURR-fect home!
    Last edited by popcornbird; 11-19-2003 at 01:06 AM.

How anyone could harm that darling baby is beyond my imagination.

Once again, Kim, you're doing a wonderful thing. I hope sweet little Angel recovers quickly.

Kim, bless you for taking angel in and giving her a wonderful forever home. She could not have ended up in a better place. Sending prayers for a quick recovery. And to the guy who threw her from the car - what goes around comes around - so watch out!!!!!

Those pics just brought tears to my eyes, although when I look carefully at the second one she almost looks like she is smiling.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Oh how sweet she is. So much luck that this college student was there and he called exactly you

We keep paws and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

And Catdad: I wouldn't start with the head I would end up with it.