Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Signs she's going into heat?

Re: signs she's going into heat?

Originally posted by amoore
    When did this change from" signs she's going into heat ?" into amoore is a irresponsible dog owner ? Did anyone read my post ?
    We never said you were irresponsible, you asked our opinions & we gave them, forgive me if I mis-read your post but I did read it a few times before replying to it.

who is mahayana? Just wondering as they replied for you as it seems?

Anyways if it is true your are spaying Tiny I want to congradulate you on doing so! And wish you the best of luck!

Thank you for the advice ,I don't think It would be hard to find homes for her puppys since she is a small full blooded registered chihuahua , I like to have not got her ! I called every Chihuahua breeder when I decided I It was time I got one ,They were already sold . Then i went to a ladys house where my vet sent me to ,(he told me she was selling her last dog ) Tiny came running to me like she was expecting me ! I fell in love with her right there on the spot ! I had been wanting a chihuahua all my life ! dreamed of holding her . I have had several sweet little homelss dogs that people dumped in front of my house , so i agree with you about homeless dogs . I always got them fixed as soon as they could be ,because it is so hard to find homes for them . So I really don't know the signs of a dog going into heat !
    Also if Tiny came from a reputable breeder & was a very well breed & her color is that "unusual" than I am sure the breeder would of kept her for breeding purposes or AT LEAST have you sign some sort of contract (which most reputable breeders do even w/ pet dogs). She is awful pretty but I have seen chi's that color quite often. She is a cutie though!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

The breeder was going out of dog bussiness into babysiting . I have her akc papers . Tinys colors are not seen so comen here . I paid plenty for her .
    My husband did reply because he knows im very protective of her .
    Ill be sure not to ask questions on here again . If im only going to get put downs ,

Unless a post was deleted, I don’t see anyone saying you are not responsible amoore. We just want the best for Tiny and for the dog population. I too have seen some chi’s with Tiny’s coloring, but that doesn’t make her any less special to you! And it doesn’t make her any less special to Pet Talk.

I’m very glad that you’re getting her spayed. I knew you would once you were given the possibilities of harm to her health. I also understand your fear that something could happen to her in surgery. I was sooo afraid for Chester, cause I had always heard that small dogs were more susceptible to the anesthesia, but I questioned his doctor thoroughly and he made me feel a lot better and I felt that Ches was in good hands.

I am sorry you feel that way after all we are only trying to help & voicing OUR OPINIONS. We only have the dogs best interest in mind & heart. And yours as well just letting you know that it is ussually safer to spay. It reduces many many risks.

I was not aware that was your husband I just wondering who it was. thats why i asked.

She is a cutie & I wish you the best of luck no matter what you decide. I just hope that if you breed her you wait until she is 2 years of age, test for all medical possibilities (not quite sure what is common w/ chi's) but find out & do tests & x-rays. Also do bloodwork to make sure no signs of diabetes or anything of the sorts. All medical tests should be done at 2 years of age as that is when most problems are detecible. I do believe they should have eye tests of some sorts done. Also make sure the male you breed her w/ has the same testing done. And if you are breeding for color there is a good chance that you may end up w/ totally different colors. And please contact the breeder you got her from if you do not already have ALL of her history & her parents history (which should include registrations for the breed, akc papers, all vet paper work & test results, any showing titles etc etc.) please talk this over w/ the breeeder as well as the vet. And please screen all potential owners for the pups when the pups do arive & visit their potential homes etc. Also make up a contract w/ the owners to be.

Good luck. Puppies sure are cute & cuddly.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Originally posted by mahayana
    Just wanted to say that Tiny will be spayed in the next few weeks. Amoore has been encouraged to breed her to another white chihuahua by many of Tiny's admirers, but has never wanted to be a dog breeder.
    I think everyone agrees that this is the responsible thing to do.
    They’ve already said that she’ll be spayed in the coming weeks.

Im sorry That I went haywire about tiny , but when I say she is my baby I really mean it ! She is the baby I planned for her
    for years ! I get books from librarys on chihuahuas and they scare me how easy it is for one to die . Im very protective towards her ! I am like a mother with a human baby . I get offended if any one implys I would let her get hurt !
    As far as the owner she is the first one that sujested i go into breeding . Hey she is my baby ! If i got her bred I know I would want to keep them ,for myself . Tiny is a handful already I have let my house and garden go because I don't want to leave her for very long . I have always been a responsible pet owner . My sister in law has decided that she does not like me cause we would not come to colorado and visit with her cause she wanted me to put my animals in the garage and not in the room she offered for us if we came there . I never ask her to put her human children in a garage !
    I would have screened my son-in-laws if my daughter would have permited ! but after humans are 18yrs old thats hard to do ! LOL!
    Thank you micki76 for your nice words . Im just waiting a few more weeks cause she is so small .
    Last edited by amoore; 11-20-2003 at 09:55 AM.

I would have screened my son-in-laws if my daughter would have permited ! but after humans are 18yrs old thats hard to do ! LOL!
    Thank you micki76 for your nice words . Im just waiting a few more weeks cause she is so small .
    it doesnt make a difference if the spay her and she is small. I have been to the vet befor for many job shadows and seen kittens get spayed, I bet your tiny isnt that big of a difference. you should really get her spayed asap. Just because her breed is naturally small doesnt mean you can use that as an excuse to not get her spayed. .... . My great dane is 5 months almost and she is getting spayed tomorrow.... Vets know how to do their job so let them, and get your tiny spayed.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Tiny is my baby . I will know when she is ready .

Yes, get her spayed and find a different vet! I hope everything goes well.

Shelteez is right, they remove the ovaries and the uterus. However, sometimes a hysterectomy is performed (the same thing they do to human females) and they will just cut the falopian tubes. It isn't always fool proof though. It can actually heal itself and the dog will still bleed.
    I've been BOO'd!

Tiny is my baby . I will know when she is ready .
    i dont mean to sound rude, but you dont know when she is ready. A vet will. I really hope you get her spayed by the time she reached 5 months old. because if she goes into her first heat and ends up getting cancer, you will be kicking your self. JMHO.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Samantha was spayed when she was approximately 6-7 months old and before her first heat. My vet also told me the chances of cancer are greatly decreased if you have her spayed before the first heat. I've never heard of anyone telling someone to wait until after.

I agee you will know when she is ready and when you are ready. I like you worry about whether they are going to die on the table. The vet I talked to said that it is the waking up that they worry about, and when they wake up, then you can start feeling better.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Just wanted to point out that most dogs will go through their heats 3-7 days before they start to bleed.
    I've been BOO'd!

Sometimes it is hard to tell when they are coming in heat, they stay in heat for 21 days, and are what you would call standing heat on about the 7th or 9th day. Some bleed a lot some don't bleed that much. 21 days is a long time isn't it?

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    [B]it doesnt make a difference if the spay her and she is small. I have been to the vet befor for many job shadows and seen kittens get spayed, I bet your tiny isnt that big of a difference. B]
    That's true. Some vets (for reasons I don't know) prefer to spay smaller dogs.
    I've been BOO'd!