Thread: cat at the Post office in the cold.......

cat at the Post office in the cold.......

there is this cat that is always at the town post office. there is a food/water dish there so i know someone has already tried helpin the kitty out by givin it food. it is a long haired cat (grey and white). it is such a beautiful cat. i wanna get some kitty food from the store (the little ones that cost like a dollar) and take it to the kitty and feed it. but i cant cause i gotta ride the bus home from school and i live too far out of town to walk. maybe tomorrow or something i will take some of Smokey and Stormy's food (they won't miss it much) and put it in a bag and take it to the kitty. it seems like a good kitty, just hungry. "she" doesnt run away when people get out of their vehicles. she stands by the dish and meows. its so sad how can someone not take her to the SPCA or something? what would u guys do?

sweet_stormy

RIP Stormy
    RIP Sky

Call the SPCA and let them know about the cat. Hopefully they can do something. Sounds like some idiotic buttwipe didn't want the responsibility of caring for a pet and dumped her off.

Sick, STUPID, STUPID PEOPLE!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

LOL I like that expression Donna, "Idiotic buttwipe."

I agree to call around to any no-kill shelter or foster homes and even ask around if anyone would like to take in a beautiful, friendly cat.
    That would just break my heart if I saw a cat sitting by an empty dish meowing.

I hope and pray that this cat finds a home or a warm place to stay before winter really sets in.

Hope you're able to help this poor kitty.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Donna you are giving away your age with that expression. I haven't heard it in a while. Made me gigle, but I agree!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

no kill shelters

The problem I have with the SPCA (in my area, anyway) is that cats are put to sleep 3 days after they arrive unless they are adopted, of course. Are there any no-kill shelters in your area that you can work with to trap the kitty. I'd take some food for the next couple of days so that the cat hangs around and maybe you can trap him/her on the weekend?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Wait! The first thing to do is ask the people at the post office about the cat! Does it belong to one of them? How long has it been there? Do they know anything about it? Does it need a home?

If they don't have any information, then calling the SPCA might be the next step.

stray kitty at the post office

Ah this sounds like a very friendly cat. Maybe ask about it first before calling the SPCA. Or have tried to pet it? Ah sounds like a darling kitty good luck Thanks Willie for this signature I love it.

post office kitty

If he/she is friendly, you should scoop her up and bring her to a shelter. But maybe first get a discount rate on vaccines and nueter through Friends of Animals (Conn, I think) or any local other place that will give cut rate. A shelter will be more happy to take her/him if you take care of those things plus testing fiv/luek.
    The problem with just leaving her/him there is breeding, sickness, etc.
    If not friendly (feral) you're gonna have to decide if you're willing to pay for all this and decide whether or not to put the cat(s) back. Not a good idea unless you're willing to feed them the rest of their lives, and in cold weather, make strofoam shelters with hay, etc.
    If she's friendly, yeah, she may be put down if there is so much as a sneeze. But, it is better that freezing to death and starving to death- both are very painful.
    If feral- unless you can find a shelter to socialize her with foster care (adults are hard...) she/he will definatly be put down (I guess- unless you are willing to socialize). But again, it's more humane than dying a painful death and even more humane that living in a cage the rest of his/her life (in a "no kill shelter" that keeps a kazillion cats cramped and miserable because they are unadoptable- they get repeatedly sick and live in horrible quarters- unless you can find one that doesn't - there's certainly no humane no kill shelters around Boston!!!
    Put down a bunch of hard food, it doesn't freeze as quickly as moist etc. Just pour out a huge bag of it every couple of days and don't forget water. They can't rely on puddles because the dust and crap in them is bad for their lungs and stomach.
    Keep me posted re: post office cats!
    (I worked on a colony behind the Peabody post office for a year or 2 till they just disappeared (died, I suppose). But me and my friend got several litters of kittens out before they went feral and the post office staff were grateful for our intervention!
    It's always nice to see the little ones get adopted out!!
    pixie

Stay Kitty At The Post Office

Hi a shelter does sound better than the SPCA.

Thankyou Willie for the signature I love it.

hello, its been awhile since i responed. i just wanted to say that the cat hasnt been around for awhile. i left food for it one day and the next day i went there the water dish was gone and so was the cat food that left on the cement next to the water (light pole on the cement). idk if someone took the kitty or if someone just took the dish and an animal ate the food. idk.

RIP Stormy
    RIP Sky

stray kitty at the post office

Hi Hopefully the owner of the little kitty finally spotted her there and took her home. Or maybe someone took in the little darling. That would be nice. Keep me posted. Thanks. Laura

Thanks Willie for this great signature I love it

post office kitty

Please ask the post office staff if they know where she went! You'ld be surprised how much info people have that they don't necessarily share! Esp. about cats..
    pixie