Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Have a Predicament and I Need Your Input FAST

Congratulations Pepper - isn't it somethin how this furry babies grow on ya. He'll give you years of enjoyment, I'm sure

Yea Pepper!!! Although I share your *dislike* about LD being short for Little Dummy, LD is more fitting as an abbreviated Little Dancer and Lucky Dog

He sounds lovely and I am so happy to hear that you decided to keep him and your boyfriend is being civil about it.

Congrats I'd love to see pics if you can get some!

He is reallly being more than civil. I don't think he's ever been around a dog as good as this one. We all know our pets each have their little quirks but LD's are not at all annoying. I think my boyfriend, John, is really taken with him and doesn't want to let on, "a man", you know.

Pepper, I think this dog was meant to be for you- everything is just RIGHT about him! I am glad to hear your boyfriend is coming around too.

About your cats: I have two cats, and adopted a dog in July. She is a B. Collie/Lab mix, and had never been around cats before. When I brought her home and she saw the cats, she thought they were 'dinner'. It took quite awhile (about 2 months or so) for it to work out. Now they are buddies. Just take it very slow!
    Keep them separated and work up to it. Even when we stopped separating them, my dog walked around with a leash on for a long time.
    Good Luck and keep us posted.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

I am so happy for you and for LD! Lucky Dog is what I think it really stands for. Loving Dog, Little Dancer - with an initial type name, the list could do on forever! And I don't mind "little dummy" - when I was a kid, my big sister had a best friend whose name was similar to her own, so her friend (who was a very bright person, but without much family support from her own family) became knicknamed Dummy. That's really all we ever call her, in all love and affection, and even now, years later, I have to think hard if someone actually uses her given name.

Lucky Dog
    Lovey Dove
    Little Dummy
    Little Devil (if he's ever naughty)
    Lazy Dog
    and even, if you're a fan of Arthurian legends

Lancelot DuLac !
    I've Been Frosted

Diane, I couldn't be more thrilled for you! Everyone happy! That's the best news! And LD sounds like a dream I love the mix of breeds! What a smart, affectionate, hard working, eager to please pupster he must be. I am so relieved to hear that John is so accepting of LD. I was so worried about you having to deal with any more stress! Please post some pics when you can, OK? Yea! Another doggie joins the Pet Talk Brigade!!! And we'll be thinking of you and LD when he gets his snip-snip, chip-chip on Wednesday! Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

LD= little darling!
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Boy, it's a good thing I read all the posts, 'cause I would have given the boyfriend his walking papers real quick. You didn't need the extra stress he was causing by his lack of sensitivity to what was going on. Guess that's why I love my dogs better than any man -- they don't do those things to you (well, not much, anyway). I like the Lancelot DuLac name thing, but then, I love Arthurian legends, etc. My mother is into two letter call names for some odd reason. She has EV, KC, and had CC and one of the pups from KC went to my niece and he will be called ND (for Notre Dame (his father's favorite team) and Indy where he came from).

Tell John, "Love me, love my dogs and that's a forever thing!" I have never understood people that love cats and not dogs and vice versa! Warm and furry is warm and furry, whether it barks or purrs (or thumps, or whinneys, or hee-haws, or.........).

Best of luck with LD and keep us posted on how he is getting along.
    "Every creature is a word of God."
    Meister Eckhart, Animal Blessings
    Dog Potentials

Since I have just returned, I was re-reading my old posts. What a long time ago that seems. I sounded so stressed back then. I am much more mellow now. Losing my job was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. Money is very tight and I have not yet found a real job but my happiness is greater and my stress level is way down.

Everyone here is doing just fine - Payton, LD, and my four cats - Ebony and the litter mates - Smokey, Bandit and Cinder and my boyfriend John.

Welcome back! I'm happy to hear that everyone is doing well.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Super to hear this good news.

p.s. I know the job prospects aren't the greatest in Indiana
    right now, but the rest of the country isn't doing too hot either.
    Continued good luck wishs in that department. Thanks for
    updating on everyone.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am so glad you are back, Diane, and glad to hear that Payton and the gang are doing well!!!!! And you got to keep the boyfriend too!!! It was strange to go back and read what we all said in 2001. Glad to know that I would say the same thing today!!!!