Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dino needs help :(

Dino needs help :(

I daily visit the Great Dane Rescue in Dallas website to look at their available Danes. A GD is at the top of my dogs wanted list so I love to go look at them. I hadn't checked in a few days since I was busy with work and birthday stuff. When I just opened the website, my heart sunk at what I saw.

Dino needs financial or prayer help. Here's the story:

Dino bloated last night and is currently in a 24 hour emergency hospital.

(bloated 11-8-01) He has stabilized but his vet bill is skyrocketing! Currently at $550 and growing. He came in with his stomach as big as a basketball. He had a tube put down his throat into his stomach and luckily was able to be deflated. X-rays were performed and currently it appears he just bloated and did not twist his stomach. He is on IV's (gone through 3 bags so far), intraveneous antibiotics and 24 hour vet care. His bloodwork indicated he is extremely anemic and may have other complications (though he could be anemic due to hookworm/heartworm infestation). If you are able to donate funds towards his vet bill, we would greatly appreciate it! Please send checks to GDRNT, PO BOX 40425, Fort Worth, TX 76140-0425. Please indicate "Dino bloat" in the memo portion. You can also donate using PayPal. Thank you for your support of our organization and of Dino. UPDATE: 11-9-01 5pm...Dino has crashed twice in the past hour. He may need Plasma (at a cost of $200+ per bag --- he needs 3 bags worth) or emergency surgery (cost of $1600). Rescue has run out of funds...his bill is $700 already...can you help us help Dino? Update: 11-10-01 6 a.m. Dino is doing slightly better. He is picking his head up and went to the bathroom last night.

Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Oh aly, if Mike weren't out of work and I weren't going to have a short paycheck I would certainly help out since we have 2 rescue Danes ourselves. I will say lots of prayers for him. That picture is heartwrenching. I wish I could come get him now. Keep us up to date.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Your prayers are as good as gold. I know there have been several occasions where all the positive energy from Pet Talk MUST have helped some of our sick pups. If I didn't work all weekend, I'd go up to Dallas to see poor Dino I will keep you posted. Thanks for the prayers.
    Alyson

oh God! I wish i could do more then let you know my heart goes out to you! I wish the best of luck to this guy!

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: crow_noir ]

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Oh this is so sad. I've always wanted a Great Dane, but my husband won't let me have one.

I wish I could help him.

Prayers are coming his way!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I put a check for $50.00 in the mail to help cover the cost of Dino's expenses. Can I challenge anyone else who is able to match this to donate. Even if you can only help out with even a dollar or two, I'm sure it will help.

Aly, keep us posted. He is a beautiful dog!

Oh! Poor Dino! I just put a $75.00 check in the mail to the rescue group as well. I will see if I can get any doggy lovers from work to donate as well. Please keep us posted!

Bless you angels. Thank you so much for your help. I felt really bad posting this asking for money, but I also feel bad for that rescue group. They spend all their time caring for and finding homes for homeless animals and they probably don't have a lot of money to start out with. I started a little collection at work and I will send that to them soon. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PJ's Mom - Even your prayers will help. This poor big guy will probably need a lot of extra special prayers in the near future from the amazing Pet Talk crew.
    Alyson

Sadly, I can't contribute money, but I will say a prayer for poor Dino. That pic broke my heart It is so hard to see an animal like that

Get well wishes to Dino, the bravest boy who will get better and get the most perfect forever home in no time!!!

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

On behalf of my parents' wonderful Dane named Lizzie, I sent the rescue people a check to help Dino. I just can't bear to see pics of sick dogs like that...

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

I just signed up with PayPal last week and a "check" is on the way for Dino. Oh, that picture is heartbreaking and bloat one of my biggest fears. Along with it, lots of prayers that Dino will recover. Thank you Aly.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh what a picture! It breaks my heart. I am your average poor penniless teenager... so I hope my prayers will help enough; that's all I can offer.

Is there any good news to report on Dino? I think about him a lot!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

This is what they have on the site now. Some of it is the same information. I will email them for a more recent update.

He was stabilized. He came in with his stomach as big as a basketball. He had a tube put down his throat into his stomach and luckily was able to be deflated. X-rays were performed and currently it appears he just bloated and did not twist his stomach. He was on IV's ), intraveneous antibiotics and 24 hour vet care. His bloodwork indicated he is extremely anemic. He crashed twice and was bleeding into his stomach but has bounced back and was released Saturday night. The vets said it was a MIRACLE he survived. His bill came to $663.98. If you are able to donate funds towards his vet bill, we would greatly appreciate it! Please send checks to GDRNT, PO BOX 40425, Fort Worth, TX 76140-0425. Please indicate "Dino bloat" in the memo portion. You can also donate using PayPal. Thank you for your support of our organization and of Dino.
    Alyson