Thread: What do people have against them?

What do people have against them?

What do people have against pit bulls and rotties and dobes?? They are great dogs if you raise them right. I don't understand?

Thanks For my Beautiful Sig. Fiachra!

People are to ignorant to learn the TRUTH about them. Instead they take what the media and other morons say.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

What do people have against pit bulls and rotties and dobes?? They are great dogs if you raise them right.

Almost ALL dogs, of any breed, are great dogs, given the right breeding and upbringing.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Yeah....I donīt understand it too... People just donīt know those dogs .... .

I have heard from some people, that amstarfoshide terries, pit bulls , dobes are very dangerous !!!!!!

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Mu uncles' Dobes (he's had 2) was/is sweet, obediant dogs. It's all about bringing up the dog, any dog, right.

KayAnn got it right when she said IGNORANCE.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I don't see why soo many people are agianst rotties, pit bulls, dobermans etc. ANY dog could be agressive. It just depends on how they are raised. Just today at my high school, a pit bull was wondering the campus. Everyone started freaking out and was like, OMG! A pitbull!! RUN!! What really upset me is what one of my friends said. She told me that the dog should be locked up in a tiny cage and that all other mean dogs and pitbulls should be too! I got sooo mad and just about started yelling at her. The pit bull wasn't even acting agressive. It was actually wagging its tail and just checking everything out. It really upsets me when people label certain types of dogs. Most of them are actually really good dogs. The best dog we ever had was a Doberman. Well, this is making me upset just thinking about. Plus the post is starting to get long. So thanks for reading my post and ttyl!
    ~Chelsea~

Some people (many non doggie people) just dont understand!!
    i work in a boarding kennel which take strays) and ive met many Dobies, Rotties, GSD's and very few Pits (they are illegal here, but the ocansianal smuggled dog comes in through raids etc) and NONE of these dogs have bin anything but nice!!! there friendly obedient, everything you could wish for in a dog!!!
    one time we had a load a dogs in from a raid, lotts of the above and 1 was a little pit boy, the police said that we must keep this dog untill the owners are prosicauted and 1 year later they tryed to have a detruction order put on this dog because he was a pit bull, he had been beaten and fought! he loved people kids cats dogs and any thing that could be loved he loved so my boss's went to court for this chap and months later they were allowed to keep him (not rehome him, or let the previous owners see him/have him back), but what a struggle for one harmless breed/dog.
    sorry for the long post but i have to add this bit!!!
    when we had this particular load of dogs in, many of them had huge puncture marks on there back, so i questioned the policeman and he told me that this was a part training exersize for when the police have to capture "dangerous dogs" that they teach them to go in with a pitchfork (sharp object) and stab the potenial "dangerous dogs" so it is safe for them to capture them!!!!
    thoses were his words and it makes me sick!!!!!
    i bet you will all aggree!!!!
    sorry again!!!
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

Re: What do people have against them?

Originally posted by *FlatCoatsRule*
    What do people have against pit bulls and rotties and dobes?? They are great dogs if you raise them right. I don't understand?
    I was chatting to one of my teachers today and she said that she wanted to get a family dog, like a lab, I told her the rotties and pit bulls make great family dogs and she shoudl adopt one. she freaked out spazzing about how evil the rottie and pit bull breeds are, and how she would never let her kid near one.. I am printing off a bunch of dog info for her, just to prove her wrong, because I know that rotties and pits are not as evil as she makes them out to be.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I have not met one Pit Bull, Rottie, Dobermann, or any one of those "mean" breeds that had a mean bone in it's body. They are all such sweethearts. Same thing goes for the pit mixes at the pound. My mom, on the otherhand is a different story. She thinks the exact opposite as to what I think. You wouldn't believe how many times I've tried to explain to her they're not all bad, but she won't listen.

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    I have not met one Pit Bull, Rottie, Dobermann, or any one of those "mean" breeds that had a mean bone in it's body. They are all such sweethearts. Same thing goes for the pit mixes at the pound. My mom, on the otherhand is a different story. She thinks the exact opposite as to what I think. You wouldn't believe how many times I've tried to explain to her they're not all bad, but she won't listen.
    thats just like my dad!! he will never accept the fact that it is the owners fault for making pits have a bad rep, my dad blames it on the breed.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    thats just like my dad!! he will never accept the fact that it is the owners fault for making pits have a bad rep, my dad blames it on the breed.
    Same here. I'm not so sure about my dad though. When we went to the animal shelter a few weeks ago, there was this GORGEOUS pitty. I stuck my hand in, he licked me, and I pet him. My dad just said "Your not scared of those dogs?!" I just said, "Nope."

Attached is a picture of Tequila, the vicious pit bull, and my son, Dylan.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

And here's another ....

And since I'm bored and on a roll ....

Sparky the vicious pit bull mix ... who needs a home, BTW ... hint, hint, hint ....