Thread: Thank You and an introduction

Thank You and an introduction

Hi, my name is Kim and I'm Pouncer's mom (I tried top register under that name twice and couldn't get anywhere- I was told I made an access error) so now my name is catnapper since Allen's taking one right now and he looks sooo sweet.

I have three furbabies. Nicki's the oldest - she'll be 9 next month. She's a 90 pound mutt and has a heart of gold. then we have Allen, a 2 year old ginger tabby that we adopted from my Aunt... he looks like a larger version of his mommy. Allen is 17 pounds and everyone is surprised to see such a big cat, but I know there are lots of big kitties out there. I also have Pouncer who seems to be quite famous around here.

As for myself, I am currently trying to switch gears and do what I've wanted to do for a long time. I was (note was) an interior designer and lost my job last month. Rather than being upset and destroyed, I am flying high on the freedom of finally doing my thing: I am going to do art full-time (ok, I will supplement it with freelance design work!) So, those of you who are dying to have portraits of your babies, human or 4 legged, I'm your girl! I do pencil rederings (shameless promotion, sorry.)

I am married to a wonderful and supportive husband who has been for months trying to get me to tell my bosses to take a hike and start my own company. He's a teacher in an inner-city school... that means he makes hardly any money, has to deal with in-school violance and the possiblity of a strike. LOL. We are a strange match but it works. He is a geography teacher - I can't find my way around the block, he's soprts nut, whereas I find sports to be a fundamental waste of time.

I have three children. All are teenagers. My oldest is a junior and looking to find the right college (please let him find one close to home) and wants to be a teacher like his dad. My middle child - oldest daughter- is a sophomore without a clue of what she wants to become. My youngest daughter is in 8th grade and also wants to be a teacher.

Here's picture of Pouncer meeting Nicki. Now he torments her. PS: you will never complain of the lack of photos posted from me!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome to Pet Talk Kim

Did you see the welcome thread Jen started ?

If not click on this link.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=37894

Your picture link didn't work I think you have to post jpg photos.

Sounds like you have a great family, skin & fur

Originally posted by catnapper
    you will never complain of the lack of photos posted from me!
    Great, as we need to see Nicki asap

Hi Kim, welcome again!
    I hope you don`t mind that I have taken this liberty in copying and posting the Nikki and Pouncer pic? It is so cute I couldn`t wait for everyone to see it right away.

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisH; 11-16-2003 at 12:59 PM.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Welcome to PT, Catnapper and thank you ChrisH for converting the pic. The .bmp file didn't work for me either. Pouncer is such a little cutie! Now we need a pic of your big-boy Allen. My Mishi is a 16 lb. (give or take - probably give is more like it ) and he's a "ginger" Maine Coon -- love my big orangie boy. So please, more pics!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Welcome! I hope you've seen the big thread in 'Other - General' with even more welcomes in it
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Welcome to Pet Talk!!! I'm sure you'll love it here. I've seen Allen and Pouncer before and this last pic of baby Pouncer meeting Nikki is so adorable. I'm glad that you like to post pics because we love them here.
    I have 4 large male cats too. Storm is a Maine Coon mix and 14lbs., Cirrus looks like a Bengal/Occicat mix and is probably 15-16lbs., Sky is a Siamese mix and is 13lbs., and Sunny is my little Aby mix at 11lbs. I look forward to hearing and seeing more about all of your furkids.

Hi Kim, glad you got on. o bad the Pouncer's mom name did not work.
    THAT'S the little boy I remember not that all (almost all) grown up young man that you sent me lately. How cute he is with Nikki!

Welcome to Pet Talk Kim.
    I just loved the picture of little Pouncer with Allen, but the one with the intro to Nicki is just priceless.
    Looking forward to hearing more from you and of course seeing pics of all your furbabies.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Welcome to PT!!
    I welcomed you in the other thread also. I just wanted to that you are right, too many pictures is not a problem.
    I know that you will enjoy it here, and I loved the picture.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Welcome! This is the only place I know where people really do want to see pictures of your furry family!!!

Pet Talk: Where people beg to hear stories about and see pics of my fur kids

Work: Where people hear stories about and see pics of my fur kids whether they like it or not.

Welcome to Pet Talk, your kitty is very cute!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Welcome to PT Pouncer's catnapper

We loved the picture of Allen and Pouncer Jen showed us and are looking forward to hearing and seeing more pix