Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: *2003 Christmas Card List* Updates and Notices

Originally posted by gini
    Could I add my two cents and stop to give Naomi and Tonya a big

THANK YOU

for all of the trouble you have gone to for all of us?
    It cannot be said enough!
    Thanks so much Naomi & Tonya!!!!
    I'm so very excited to be participating in the card swap this year! It has been a nice distraction from all the other things going on in my life...the moments when I can browse online looking at adorable doggy and kitty Christmas cards is very relaxing...

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

I am looking forward to sending and receiving cards again this year... especially the ones from further away... my family visited and saw the cards "where is this from?" "Oh, from Austrailia/Germany/other exotic place like California."
    I think it's a cool idea, but just one thing...

HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE SO ORGANIZED????

We don't even have Thanksgiving plans set yet, not packed for our trip this Friday, and some of you have gotten, written, and even sent out Christmas cards!

Wow! I'd better get moving!

Also, Thanks to Naomi and Tonya for even more organization
    Sadie (Baby Girl)

Cincy (Little Baby)

Spot (Spotty Boy)

I feel as if most of these posts are directed towards me. I could really care less how they come, as long as they come! Now stop worrying about what other people think, me included and just send the cards! If they don't like it oh well, oh well for me if someone doesn't write Dylans name, who cares, just be happy you get one. I for one will be ECSTATIC to get a card, and if anyone doesn't want me to participate next year oh well, because I'll do it anyway.

Also no one is expected to know everyones name, that's just silly.

My point was that some people like to include everyone and it can be fun writing all the pets names down, so if anyone wants to write all my pets names down I gave them.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by Nomilynn
    Don't stress about it! I'm with Micki.. if someone complains about it THEY can stay out of it next year

How about we all just focus on the fact that a WORLD WIDE network of people - most of whom we've never met or even talked to in real time - is sending us a token of friendship? Who cares if a name is spelled wrong, or a name is overlooked.. I think the fact that someone took the time and money to send a card from their own homes means a LOT. I mean, here are a bunch of strangers exchaning addresses on the internet and not really worrying about it.. where else online can that be done!

It's Christmas! Time to be greatful for what you have, not be upset about what was/might be missed!
    Thanks Naomi. You took what I started trying to say and said it so much better!!!

And a HUGE THANK YOU to both Naomi and Tonya for all the work on the list!

I would also like to thank Naomi and Tonya for all the work they have done.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

A couple of ideas for those concerned about the cost.

You could send postcards. Postage is a lot cheaper.

Also, if you think you'll want to do this next year, then shop the sales after this year and pick up cards at 75-90% off.

Lets not sweat the small stuff on how cards are addressed and whether or not the pets' names are included. Address your cards as you see fit. I included my husband's name in the list but if people want to leave it off we won't be offended.

lets all think about how wonderful this will be in a month when we each have sent and received so many wonderful cards.

and THANK YOU NAOMI AND TONYA FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK

These are not the droids you were looking for

[QUOTE]Originally posted by catland
    I included my husband's name in the list but if people want to leave it off we won't be offended.

[QUOTE]

But she DOES know where you live!!!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

update!!!

I cant join in on the christmas fun this year. I have to get winter tires and it coats alot of money. ......

Have fun guys.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I really hope no one minds postcards. That's a great idea! Any idea where to get a ton of them? I was going to have to back out of this because I really had no idea how many people would be on it and I've got lots of things going on right now. I hate to say I can't do it when I've already committed myself to it. I just didn't want to offend anyone. Also, I had wanted special cards made. I called Kinko's today and it was going to be $89 So, that ruled out that idea. I'll have to save up for that for next year.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I don't want anyone to feel obligated to send me a card if they can't afford to, even though I'll be sending them out! I know that's not the point here, but I have addresses from years past. I'm not working, but I just LOVE sending cards and have already attempted a photo shoot w/Klo who is camera shy. Didn't do anything last year cause my dad died and I wasn't feeling particularily cheery, but I just can't wait to get started! You girls are just too much! I'm just trying to keep the pages in order and the revisions done!

I've been Boooo'd!

Val -- When we get out Christmas things down (hopefully sometime this week) you can bring Duke over and I can do a "photoshoot" for him. My printer isn't the greatest, but it works.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    I really hope no one minds postcards. That's a great idea! Any idea where to get a ton of them? ...
    Free postcards, I have some ideas! Cheap souvenir shops can sell postcards for 10 cents each if you don't need Christmas-related postcards! Just write Happy Christmas on the back, and it's now a Christmas card

Do you have any hotels, motels or backpacker accommodation near your place? I don't know about the USA, but here, most places where people stay have display stands with FREE postcards with arty themes or political slogans (OK, you don't want the George Bush 'Give War a Chance' card on my wall but many are very nice). Take them!!!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

My cards will be sent tomorrow ........... There are 3 Aussies on the board for the cards, so keep your eyes open for the 3 Kangaroo postmen ............

When the updated list comes out, I will "hit" those I missed and post them out!!!

Ally - Thanks for being the FIRST card
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

aww.. you guys are all so nice!

I have to say that Tonya did most of the hard stuff. She put it all into a nice alphabetical list and everything.. so she deserves the most credit!

Cass.. I didn't address my post to anyone in particular. It was more related to the topic at hand. I didn't think you were "complaining" or anything like that

I can't wait to get started on mine - hopefully this week!

This will be my second year doing the Christmas card exchange and I can't wait. I had so much fun sending and receiving the cards from all over the world and U.S. last year. I don't care if you misspell my name, since most people do anyway, and if you forget my furkids names then that's okay too. I'll just be happy to get the cards.

Thanks again Tonya and Naomi for all of your hard work this year!!!