Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grrrrrr!

Originally posted by Karen

Scrappy is a compliment in my book - similar to fiesty, and describes character, not appearance.
    That is what I was going to say. I'm sure I've used that word to describe some of our Dogs of the Day, and always as a compliment. To me it means having a lot of energy and willingness to persevere. A JRT would be the epidome of scrappy.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Your dogs are adorable!

I used to get hurt by people who said stuff like that, but now I defend myself against it by thinking something equally judgemental and snotty: "She obviously wasn't raised right!" "Her mother didn't teach her manners", "She must have psych. problems", etc. Makes me feel better!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

People never cease to amaze me with what comes out of their mouths! You would especially think that people in Petmart of all places, or the vet's office, would be fellow animal lovers and think that each and every one of them is beautiful!!!! I know I do!!! I don't think I've ever met a dog I didn't love and immediately adore!!!! I've never met Lolly and Reese in person, but I know I love them and we have many Pet Talkers who have met them in person and think they are wonderful! I just wish you had walked right up to her and told her about them, where they came from, etc. That would have shut her up!

That's what I thought too, Logan--that someone in a pet store would be a little more accepting, more kind, something. (Just because someone owns a dog doesn't automatically make them a dog lover or a nice person, I guess.)
    SMB ^ï^
    Bats--you need them more than you know!

Her comments aren't worth even shrugging shoulders over. I'm just impressed and so pleased how little Lolly is becoming so social! Hanging out at Petsmart with the big guys Imagine that! You GO Lolly girl, what a sweetie! YEAAAAA

Bah!! What does that witch of a woman know.... I love your scrappy pups!!!

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    and one lady say "Oh my gosh that dog sure is freaky looking...those eyes scare me!"
    Kia sympathises.

Amy, do people ask you why you have a wolf and risk bringing it to a place where people are?! I just "love" ignorant people.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Dog Snob!!! She obiviously has never had the love of a dog, Scuffy, Scrappy or not. It would be interesting to see just what kind of dog she has. But everyone is right her words and comments are no worth your hurt or time. You have the love of two great pups, that out weighs anything!! Your Reece and Lolly and the cutest babies. Whoever could look at those faces and say such a thing is obviously "lost".
    You are lucky and loved, she is... well... herself, and has to live with that!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tailwags, Linda, Mr.T, Macs, and Oskar

Seems like a lot of people are into that crisp, neat coat look.
    I get way more comments and compliments about Oz than
    Murph and Maddie, but personally I think there's nothing cuter
    than scruffy and shaggy. So I'm often puzzled by why Murph
    and Maddie don't get as much attention from others as Oz does.
    Oh well, each to their own I guess. I think that Reece and Lolly
    are absolutely adorable. Who could not fall in love with those
    cute lil' faces.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

i think it is just rude to say thinga like that. how would they like it if they got their pet called names. i also like mix breeds. i think they have more of a personality. and scrappy doo is also really cute. i would also take it offensive but i would tell miself that thats just one persons opiion a lot of other people love mi animals (dogs in u case) no need to get upset over one dumb person being a snob.
    LiSa NiCoLe

~!*&*!~Zane, parker, rizzo, tinkerbell, sounna, noodles, harley, persy, spike, kermit, yoshi, fredrico, tonks, beshy, nikko, bekko, fire~!*&*!~

I agree with everyone else! We all know how sweet Reece and Lolly are, how rude of that lady. Shame on her.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

One of my favorite quips is

"Tis better to be thought of as ignorant than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

There is no doubt that woman is sadly mistaken, and I'd rather have ten "scrappy" dogs than be one snotty human!
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Too Bad for that woman as she obviously doesnt know true beauty!
    - Katie & Tazman and soon a Sheltie Pup!!

Too Bad for that woman as she obviously doesnt know true beauty!
    i agree
    LiSa NiCoLe

~!*&*!~Zane, parker, rizzo, tinkerbell, sounna, noodles, harley, persy, spike, kermit, yoshi, fredrico, tonks, beshy, nikko, bekko, fire~!*&*!~