Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grrrrrr!

Grrrrrr!

I'm upset. I was just at Petsmart with Reece and Lolly. A woman down the aisle from me said to her daughter, "Look at those scrappy dogs". I smiled at her and then turned away and she said, "I guess they are okay for some people... blech".

Why do people have to say such idiotic things. I know she's just a dumb woman, but she still hurt my feelings. No, my dogs aren't purebred and yes, they're scruffy ... but they're not SCRAPPY!

I love them however scrappy, scruffy, scraggly they are.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

When I hear "Scrappy" one of the first things I think of is Scooby Doo's nephew...and how many better dogs are there then Scooby and Scrappy?

I know it is hard not to take things personally, but she is just one dumb woman. And I'll take a scrappy dog anyday...they have more character

I hear ya aly. Katie is a very scruffy dog and I get that all the time. I just ignore them because my dog is better than that.

That would certainly hurt my feelings, too!

Reece & Lolly, you are two of the most special-ist puppers out there. Be sure & tell your Mom so, and help her to feel better!!!

Oh Aly..what the **** does she know? Ignorance is bliss for some people. Humpf! She should be so lucky to have such great sweeties! Does she know YOU'RE not "Some people?" If only she knew you......

I've been Boooo'd!

Scrappy Doo says thanks for the nice comments everyone!

Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I love dogs with the scruffy look!! my number #1 favorite!!! Whose that scruffy face you wake up to?? REECE & LOLLY!!

What can I say, the woman was an air head!
    One of my favorite dogs was a little terrier poodle mix,
    named scruffy.
    My mother-in-law use to say she was so ugly/funny looking
    it made her cute.
    (Pissed me off!)
    I thought she was the cutest little thing on this earth.

----<---<--<{(@

Where's the scrappy dogs? I look into those eyes and see as much beauty as in a best in show winner at Westminster! I feel sorry for people who only look at the surface. They must miss most of the beauty in life.

When Tasha was about 7-8 months old and in her more gangly leggy phase, an aquaintance said something like: "Tasha is too pretty a name for that ugly dog."

Needless to say, I was quite offended!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

How lovely that she's teaching her daughter to be such a snot. It sounds as though you handled it very gracefully, but I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.

I've got the homeliest dog on the block and I'm glad for it. I love his white beard and paw, his big head, his weird stripes and gangly form. I wouldn't have him any other way.
    SMB ^ï^
    Bats--you need them more than you know!

Oh wow what an intelligent woman she is. I'm glad you're not taking what she said to heart. I know Mickey looks like just one huge poofball or like some ritzy dog but he burps and farts and stinks up the house. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

Give your scrappy dogs a hug from me!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Scrappy? How mean! I think scruffy dogs are the cutest! Your's are certainly adorable! Just ignore her hurtful comments, and remember that everyone on PT loves your pups!

Geez, my dog burps all the time too! Our family has NEVER owned a burping dog; I didn't know what to make of it at first. The best thing is when he burps just as I'm bending down to give his snout a kiss--eau de biscuit!
    SMB ^ï^
    Bats--you need them more than you know!

If I ran into this sweet face at Pet Smart I'd probably try to sneak it into my kart and take the sweetie home!!

Anyone who doesn't think Reece and Lolly are two little cuties has something SERIOUSLY wrong with them!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Hmmm... When I was in Austin I was bored in the hotel room when Chester wouldn't let me sleep. There was a book about Austin in the nightstand, which I read cover to cover. One of the things they touted about the city was that it was the #1 most educated city in the US. Hmmphh. Blows that theory out of the water!

Some people are just snobs and nothing less than a perfectly coifed dog, child, wife, husband will do for them. They have to show the outside world how perfect and wonderful they are, because they really aren't and they're putting on an act.

Ignore and pity her that she feels so inferior and unworthy to own such wonderful, special dogs.