Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello, my first post

aww tasha is so cute! i love this picture of her!

Tasha reminds me alot of my girl cami.. They look alike (kind of) my brother actually thought that was cami when i was looking at the pictures!

Thats my cami girl! Shes one years old! And i also have a calico cat named cali!

BTW.. My name is amber!

Welcome to Pet Talk!

You've got some gorgeous kids! I especially love the picture of Tasha in her sleeping position. She's such a cutie.

Well, my name's Ashley. I'm 16 and owned by two lovely boys.

The left is my first baby, Kai. He's about 15 months old now. And the right one is Kaedyn, our newest rescue (he's about 5.5 years old). Both are sable and white male shetland sheepdogs.

I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Aww, they look so sleepy.

Originally posted by K9soul
    Julie your dogs are adorable. My first dog was a male sable collie named Cody and my second two years later, a male tri-color named Willie. No words can describe how much they meant to me, and I have made a memorial page in their honor, if you'd like to take a look. Also included there is a memorial to my sister's dog who recently passed away, Shine. I wrote the poems for my collies, but as I didn't really know Shine (my sister and I live a long ways apart), I put in the Rainbow Bridge poem, which is a perfect tribute to any dog.

http://www.doordolt.com/~jfrank/memorials.html

Thanks.
    Beautiful memorial you made. I'm sorry you lost them. {{HUGS}} Cody and Willie were just gorgeous, and Shina was adorable. I loved your poems, they made me all teary eyed. I hope I have my 2 babies as long as you had yours, they mean everything to me.

Welcome to Pet Talk!

Hello, and welcome to Pet Talk. =) You seme like a very nice person, and your babies are gorgeous! I love the picture of our Golden in the snow. I used to live in Oklahoma, and I had a red golden retriever there. She LOVED the snow and would have it all over her like your's. She passed away this year of cancer, though at only four years old. I miss her dearly. =)

But on a happier note, I'm Cayter. Pronounced Kay-tur. Hehe. =p But you can call me Foam if you'd like. I answer to both!

I am owned by two dogs. They mean the world to me, and I would do anything for them. Maybe that's why they're both cpoiled brats! Hehe.

This is Ozzy. He is a Smooth Collie. Ozzy is about 4 months old, and just the love of my life. I got him from a breeder when he was 7 weeks old, and right away we were the best of friends. We are future agility champions, service dog team, and trick dog! He knows over 12 tricks already, some of them being extremley complicated at his age. Like patty-cake, crawl, and weave. He also knows agility commands like Tunnel, Over and Dog Walk. His first obediance classes are in January.

Performing his famous 'Wave' trick.

And this is Darlin! She's such a sweetie, yet VERY humorous puppy dog. She turned a year old this October. Some funny thindgs that she does is fall asleep while I'm brushing her (She LOVES to be groomed), run in circles around the living room likea mad dog, and climbs all over you. She's not the brightest dog ever though..hehe. She runs into walls, and only knows sit. She'll only perform her sit when she feels like it though. She also sits at the door when she wants to go out and does this:

Lol! See what I mean about her being funny?

Well, if you'd like to see more pictures, I'm posting new ones all the time in Dog General. =) A very warm welcome to you, and your beautiful feathered, and fur kids!

Welcome to Pet Talk!!!
    Your babies are gorgeous!!

My name is Emily, and I'm owned by the four dogs in my signature--Kito-a shiba inu, Abbey-a beagle, Riley-a lab, and Jada-a rottie.
    Kito we got from some people who show shibas, Abbey we got at beagle rescue, Riley I intercepted in the parking lot of the spca, and Jada is our newest addition, also from the spca!

I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your dogs!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Cayter, Ozzy is just absolutely precious. He is one of those dogs I can't get enough of looking at. Having had two collies for many years, I know how incredibly sweet they are. Thanks for sharing your pics!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

k9soul - beautiful user name, beautiful dogs, beautiful first post, and beautiful website You sound like you'll fit right in here! I actually just noticed a couple other threads from you and decided to hunt down your introduction thread because you seemed so nice and your sig is so pretty - I just had to find out more about those dogs!

My name is Alyson (also go by Aly) and I'm slave to a terrier mix (Lolly), Poodle/Bichon (Reece), DMH kitty (Shiloh), and Siamese mix (Skylar). The dogs are rescues from the shelter and the cats are rescues from the street. I am heavy into shelter and rescue work so I currently have two 8 month male foster cats, four 8 week foster kittens, two 6 week foster puppies (possible Shar Pei mixes), and one 4 week Husky foster pup with mange. As you can imagine, I'm very busy, very sleep deprived, and very stressed! But I love all my babies and wouldn't trade them for the world.

What a joy to meet you and your crew. I just love the names of your birds - ADORABLE! I want a cockatiel soooo badly, but I am nervous because of my cats

Oh yeah, I forgot to say:

WELCOME TO PET TALK!!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I'm thrilled to be here. I love to photograph and talk about my babies, and look at other people's babies as well. This will give me an excuse to finally really share my love of animals with people who feel the same way.

Julie your dogs are adorable. My first dog was a male sable collie named Cody and my second two years later, a male tri-color named Willie. No words can describe how much they meant to me, and I have made a memorial page in their honor, if you'd like to take a look. Also included there is a memorial to my sister's dog who recently passed away, Shine. I wrote the poems for my collies, but as I didn't really know Shine (my sister and I live a long ways apart), I put in the Rainbow Bridge poem, which is a perfect tribute to any dog.

http://www.doordolt.com/~jfrank/memorials.html

Overall, my pages are a sort of photographic journal involving all the things I love, my pets, garden, home, yard, etc. My family is scattered throughout the US and it's a good way to keep in touch.

Also for the birdies, I will include shots of them. I need to get some pics with them all together. Their names are Dawn, Dusk and Twilight.

This is Dawn, my first tiel and a total 'lovebird' with people. She is mute, was that way when I got her as a chick though I didn't know it until later. She can only make a whispered sort of cheep noise but it doesn't seem to bother her any. Here she is exploring my messy desk.

Next is Dusk, just the sweetest natured guy you could imagine. His favorite noise to mimic seems to be the sound of the beeping microwave.

This is Twilight, the youngest, who has adopted Dusk as her knight in shining armor. She has the most lovely lilting voice.

So those are the birdies

By the way, I adore the Akitas I've seen here. I'd love to have an Akita baby someday My husband is partial to Corgis as a breed. It's always hard to choose what I like "best", I just love them all.
    You're birdies are ADORABLE!!!! Just gorgeous! Twilight's patterns are a bit like my Muffin's! I'd LOVE to see more pics of all of them! Such sweeties! I think Dawn is one of the most BEAUTIFUL cockatiels I've ever seen! Wow! Love their names too!

Welcome to Pet talk!! My name is Amber and I own one dog named Katie!! I hope toy enjoy your stay with us at PT!!

Katie-

Aly, so many compliments I'm blushing! Thank you very much for your kind words.

You're birdies are ADORABLE!!!! Just gorgeous! Twilight's patterns are a bit like my Muffin's! I'd LOVE to see more pics of all of them! Such sweeties! I think Dawn is one of the most BEAUTIFUL cockatiels I've ever seen! Wow! Love their names too!
    Thank you . Dawn is a cinnamon pied pearl and I also love her colors. She is also so inquisitive and sweet. Within a couple hours of getting her home when she was still a youngster, I had earned her trust enough that she let me touch her head, and ever since then she has just been the most cuddly and affectionate bird I've ever had. My mother bred parakeets for a time when I was a kid so those were mainly the birds I had exposure to. I've found the tiels to be so laid back and sweet natured. The keets were more comedians but at least the ones I grew up around were more interested in the other keets than with people.

Dusk was two years old when I got him, I saw an ad on the internet that someone was selling him as they had gotten him but then found otu they had an allergy to the feather dander. He apparently had a wing injury when he was younger, not sure exactly what happened but he has never grown his long flight feathers back in on that wing and so he can't fly at all. When I got him I thought it had just been clipped short, and maybe someone did overclip it? I'm not sure . Those feathers never grew though. He fell in love with Dawn right away but Dawn wanted nothing to do with him. She was attached to me and that's it. I think she thinks of herself as a person more than a bird. Dusk was so heart broken and always crying and calling to her.. day after day. I couldnt stand it, and didn't want to get rid of him, so I decided to get a young bird to be a companion for him and that's how I ended up with Twilight.

All three seem happy now, Dusk and Twi are such a cute little couple. I will get more pictures of them soon
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Welcome K9soul! Your furkids are absolutely gorgeous.....more pics, maybe? lol.

I'm Brooke, I'm 21 and I'm owned by a 3 (almost 4!! ) yellow Lab named Moose. You can see both him and me and in my sig.

Again.....

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!

here are some pics of my doggies!!!

Tikeya

Age 4

=female

Siberian husky

tikey and her best bud Timber

Oscar

age 2

shih tzu

male

Baby

Age 5 months

great dane

female

Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Welcome to petttalk!! So glad you stopped by and posted and shared such beautiful thoughts about your dogs. I agree so much about wanting to be with doggies all the time...i just love meeting new ones and just even stopping by the shelters occasionally to visit them, even if it is just to get them to wag their tail.

Anyway, i am mommy to a 2 year old skin kid, a 6 month old Greater Swiss Mountain Dog puppy (in my sig), and 2 of the friendliest cats i have ever known (also in my sig).

Anyway, welcome again, and i will look forward to reading more of your posts and seeing more pics!

Robyn

Aly, so many compliments I'm blushing! Thank you very much for your kind words.

Thank you . Dawn is a cinnamon pied pearl and I also love her colors. She is also so inquisitive and sweet. Within a couple hours of getting her home when she was still a youngster, I had earned her trust enough that she let me touch her head, and ever since then she has just been the most cuddly and affectionate bird I've ever had. My mother bred parakeets for a time when I was a kid so those were mainly the birds I had exposure to. I've found the tiels to be so laid back and sweet natured. The keets were more comedians but at least the ones I grew up around were more interested in the other keets than with people.

Dusk was two years old when I got him, I saw an ad on the internet that someone was selling him as they had gotten him but then found otu they had an allergy to the feather dander. He apparently had a wing injury when he was younger, not sure exactly what happened but he has never grown his long flight feathers back in on that wing and so he can't fly at all. When I got him I thought it had just been clipped short, and maybe someone did overclip it? I'm not sure . Those feathers never grew though. He fell in love with Dawn right away but Dawn wanted nothing to do with him. She was attached to me and that's it. I think she thinks of herself as a person more than a bird. Dusk was so heart broken and always crying and calling to her.. day after day. I couldnt stand it, and didn't want to get rid of him, so I decided to get a young bird to be a companion for him and that's how I ended up with Twilight.

All three seem happy now, Dusk and Twi are such a cute little couple. I will get more pictures of them soon
    I was just showing your pets' pics to my parents, and they were awwing and ohhing over how BEAUTIFUL Dawn is! I swear, she is just gorgeous! So are the others, but Dawn's coloring and pattern really catches my eye. My Muffin is also a VERY cuddly little girl. I think its a *girl thing*, because the boys are more vocal, and the girls more cuddly. I also find cockatiels to be much more interactive and human loving than most parakeets I've been around.
    I'd love to see more pictures of them! It would be great if your post your birds' pics in Pet General because the bird lovers will be most likely to see them there. Again, welcome to PT! I just love your furry and feathered crew!