Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Lost My Job...

I Lost My Job...

Well, it happened again!! I was told at 4:30 p.m. today, cornered in the conference room, that they were "cutting back" and had to let me go.

I went to my desk, packed up the stuff I had and walked out the door, never looking back.

Everyone asked me if I cried. Hello no!! I wasn't giving that psycho b#$%^ from H-E double hockey sticks the satisfaction. Besides, I had just about had enough of the boss bi#$h's OCD behavior. I believe things happen for a reason. This will be the perfect opportunity to go to CT and visit my friends and my daughter, who I miss terribly. It will also give me the chance to spend all the holidays with my family.

I talked to the managers at BB&B where I've been working part-time and they said they could definitely use me full-time till after the first of the year. Granted it only pays $7.00/hour, but at least it's SOMETHING. I'll manage. I always do.

So, I'm now off (it's 11:30 pm here) to have my own private pity party. Tomorrow is a brand new day!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Sorry you lost your job, but you know you'll find something better! Hopefully your next boss will be better, and at least you had SOMETHING to fall back on!! My best friend has just been rendered homeless....

Thank you Wolf_Q!

If you feel that way about them, you deserve better. Sorry you lost your job, but if you didn't like it, it was meant to be!

[[[hugs]]]

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Drink a glass of wine and cuddle with the kitties!!!
    And will be thinking of you!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

if you didn't like it, it was meant to be!

Absolutely!!! As a matter of fact, I'm on my second glass of wine now

And my furbabies KNOW something is up so they're all over me like a cheap suit.

Gotta love 'em!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Good luck for finding something better, with more normal-type people ...
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I would like to say I'm sorry about you losing your job, but I don't think you are so........

I love your attitude about it--there is always something better!!

You will truly enjoy your holidays I'm sure, being with your family.

And, you have a back-up--doesn't sound to horrible to me!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I am sorry about your loss, but you are right. Everything does happen for a reason. You were to good for that job anyways. Happiness is much more important then money.

Good luck to you, Donna. It sounds like this will free you up for a trip back to CT and also free you to look for a happier place for you to be. So glad the fur/suede connection is there for you tonight. {{{hugs}}}
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Originally posted by shais_mom
    Drink a glass of wine and cuddle with the kitties!!!
    And will be thinking of you!
    That is great advice and it sounds like you are taking it.

It really does sound like you needed to get out of there, and while it really is an awful way out of a bad job at least you will now find something better.

Spend some time with you friends and family and at least you know you have something to go to comming up. Hey, you may actually find something better in the mean time.

I know that it is hard, but your attitude does sound really good and that really is half the battle. My girlfriends contract is up at the end of this month and she is looking also, the good news is she is getting responses to her resume. Which did not happen as fast a year and a half ago when she was looking. It is different for different parts of the country, but I hope that you find something good.

Keep up you good attitude, and enjoy yourself. Let us know what is happening. {{{HUGS}}} and positive thoughts for you.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Good luck, Donna. I know something better will come your way. Your attitude is right on. Your furbabies will be happy to have you home for a while. Enjoy the holidays with your family and friends in Connecticut.
    Steffi and Lovable

Donna, you have such a positive attitude about this. It sounds like you are better off NOT working there - plus you now have time to spend with your family over Christmas!

The New Year brings with it new OPPORTUNITIES - I'll be praying that you will find a new job where you will be happy, and where they deserve and appreciate you!

(((HUGS))))

Julie

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Originally posted by Steffi N
    Good luck, Donna. I know something better will come your way. Your attitude is right on. Your furbabies will be happy to have you home for a while. Enjoy the holidays with your family and friends in Connecticut.
    Ditto.

You are right, everything happens for a reason and the best is yet to be. {{{HUGS}}} to you in the mean time.

Donna, I also think you have the best attitude with that.

And you know you're a survivor.

Enjoy the time you have right now. In the Christmas time it is more needed than ever

And the kitties know best how to help you.

Headbumpies from Filou and Tigris