Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on Dexter

Update on Dexter

My continuing saga of Dexter (see "Unexpected Surprise")is positive and I thought you might want to know how he is progressing in his new home. Dexter's "dad" reports to me every couple of days. They are so happy. He has adjusted to his new siblings, 2 cats and one older dog. He is so spoiled that he gets to stay inside during the day and his new owner goes home to see him at lunchtime everyday. He already understands the boundaries of the yard and doesn't try to leave. He is also very protective of his new owner, after just three weeks of being there. I knew there was something special about this puppy from the day I found him. Just wish I could have kept him! Hopefully we can get a good picture and submit Dexter for Dog of the Day sometime soon!

I feel like you've become a good friend- thanks for the update. Was thinking of you the other day but didn't have time to contact you. Couldn't be happier for Dexter and his dad. They sound like a perfect match. Things happen for a reason. They were meant to be together. Give Dexter a treat, hug and kiss for me when you see him. And a big hug to his dad for being so kindhearted. Karen

Karen,
    It has been so much fun to report on Dexter's progression through the adoption process. I know it's easier because I have a happy ending to report!
    I've looked forward to letting you know what is going on in Dexter's life and will give an update after I visit him tonight.
    I'm Logan Givens and live in the upstate area of SC. You can e-mail me at [email protected] or [email protected].
    I love to talk about all my babies anytime, including my adopted son, Dexter!

We saw Dexter last night. He has grown so much in a little less than three weeks. He is so happy and is a "leaner". He acted like he knew us (of course we want to believe that he did). I sat on the ground and he just came and sat down beside me, and kissed my face a lot. He reminds me of my very personable golden, Lilly. She just has to touch you all the time. I am so happy that he is doing so well.

Your story really touched me.. I have been keeping my friends updated as well as me. Dexter sounds really sweet. I wish more people would stop and help an animal in need. Bless you for doing so.

------------------

Horse_1987

Dexter left me a message on my voice mail last night. I laughed my head off!
    All I could hear was "squeak, squeak, squeak". Then his new master said, "Dexter wanted to talk with you". He was chewing on his squeaky ghost that my daughter and I had gotten for him. My friend said it made him think of me.. Soft? Squeaky?... I'm not sure how to take that! Ha Ha!
    Dexter is growing fast and doing great. What a great little man he is!

Sounds like Dexter got a great home! Love stories like this. It's neat that they keep you updated on his progress. Three cheers for Dexter and Logan!!!!!!!

I haven't given you an update lately on Dexter. Now I can give it first hand! Dexter came last night to spend the weekend with us because his new owner had to travel out of town to visit with his ailing father.
    He has grown!!! He is such a handsome boy, solid black (you can hardly see his eyes), has much of a Chow look about him, but a wonderful temperament and shorter hair like a Laborador Retriever. I think he represents a good mix. He is as tall as my smaller Golden Retreiver, Honey, at six months old. His black coat is so shiny and pretty and he has gotten along beautifully with my girls. It is as if he has never been separated from them. Right now Dexter is lying on his back sleeping in the middle of the living room floor. I was awakened at 6 am when he decided that he could jump the gate in the kitchen! Of course on a day when I thought I might sleep late. No way!
    I have to tell you that his new owner was reluctant to leave last night and has already called three times to check on him. I definitely found this boy the perfect place to live and certainly don't mind being the "kennel" whenever he need us. What a wonderful puppy.

Great news. Dexter is such a lucky dog!

------------------
    ***Save a life, ADOPT***

Logan:
    Great news on Dexter. Doesn't it make you feel so happy to know that you contributed to the "match made in heaven"?

Dexter is such a lucky dog to have such a nice Auntie Logan!!!

What a wonderful thing you've done! I agree, a match made in heaven; BY AN ANGEL named Logan! Keep the updates coming! Happy endings are too few and far between! You must be soooo proud of your little adopted baby. I hope we see him as "Dog of the Day" some day soon. Bless you!

Forgive me, but it's been a long while since I've been here and it seems that I have missed a happy story. If I may be so bold, who is Dexter? I want in on the happy story too!!!

Hi Kendall. Dexter is a little black puppy who I found walking down the street one day a couple of months ago. One of my good friends took him after a week or so and he is SO happy! I told the story in "Unexpected Surprise" in this catagory. Thanks for everyone's interest. Dexter has gone to Virginia for Thanksgiving this weekend!

Oops!
    Kendall, I didn't realize that my Dexter story is gone before I referenced it. Anyway, I found Dexter one morning walking down the street in front of my house. He was hungry and thirsty. I took him to my veterinarian to make sure he was ok, but knowing I couldn't keep him. Once my vet checked him out and gave him all his up to date shots, he told me this would be an 80-100 pound dog when full grown. He was estimating that he was about 4 months old at the time I found him. He is definitely a chow mix of some kind. He is so loving and sweet. One of my friends came by to see him and agreed to keep him. They are so happy together. Dexter has fit right in his new home with another dog and two cats. I already had two full grown Golden Retrievers so I knew I wasn't going to be able to keep him in my limited space, although I would have if I had more room. He has come to spend the weekend with us once, and made himself right at home! I think Dexter is one grateful dog to have found people that love him so much. He knew the right house to walk past!
    Hope that gives you the abbreviated version of Dexter's story.
    Logan