Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pouncer is 6 months old

Pouncer is 6 months old

I received this picture and update from Pouncer's new meowmie:

Hi Jen, I just wanted to update you on dear little Pouncer. He's growing like a weed and is getting so big! He eats like a monster and anybody would swear we starve him (well, according to his insistant meows! ) He and Allen (cat brother) are bascially inseparable and sleep together everynight. He has taken to liking to drink from the sink when I leave it on a drip for him - the cat I had growing up did that and I wanted to have him do that too. Well, my husband can't shave in the morings because Pouncer's sitting in the sink, waiting for him to turn the water on! He has been an absolutely good boy, except for dinner time... he begs terribly and won't take no for an answer. Poor Nicki (our dog) has a complex about eating her "cookies" now... whenever she comes in from outside, we give her one and if she doesn't eat it in one gulp, Pouncer's right under her picking up the crumbs. He certainly is a lot of fun and you were right, he is a lap cat. He purrs so loud and will jump up in your lap and fall asleep. The other night, Grant was petting our other cat, Allen, and Pouncer came in and meowed like mad. I thought he wanted to be with Grant and Allen, so I picked him up and put him with Grant. He jumped down and ran over to me meowing again. I picked him up and put him in my lap and the little guy was alseep within a minute! He also is a superior bug cather. He loves moths and flies and is amzingly accurate in bug removal. Only once he caught a bee and got stung... he didn't chase after them again! I post occasionally about Pouncer on a message board... if you're interested in reading about him and other cats, the board is ivillage com. The message board is cats. (they have ones for kittens and dogs and everyother pet imaginable) Thank You so much for him!

Ahh, what great news. I am sure it does your heart good to read what a great home Pouncer has found!! Great news. I too, email the woman who fostered Guinness before i adopted him...and she just loves hearing about him!!

Awww...Jen, it must be so wonderful for you to receive these posts and to hear how good he is doing. It's so nice of her to keep you updated, and to send pics even!

And maybe since she's already on another board you could suggest PT and get her over here.

He is getting so big I hardly recognized him, but it looks like he has an absolutely wonderful home and loves his big brother very much.

Awwww......
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

This is great news!!! Pouncer sure looks happy in his new home. Thanks for sharing the update with us.

That is so wonderful! You can tell that she just loves him by her words. I bet that warmed your heart.

Thanks for sharing. It is nice to see that he went to good home were he is loved.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

How sweet!

Jen, isn't great to hear such good news about a little one! You found just the perfect home for him. Good work!

Jen, you found the purrfect home for him. Pouncer and Allen look soooo happy together

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    And maybe since she's already on another board you could suggest PT and get her over here.
    Good Idea, We want Pouncer mummy over here !!!

PS. Great update story & photo.

Are you guys kidding???
    The instant I found out that she posted to another message board I wrote to her about pet talk (and how great it was and how they all new Pouncer already......etc) My fingers could not type fast enough. So I hope she decides to check up out.
    I even went so far at to say if she signed up as "Pouncer's Mom" that I'd bet everyone would ALREADY know who she was.

Pouncer is so adorable! That picture is also just too sweet for words It must feel so good to hear about what a good home that sweet kitty went to. I noticed that Pouncer (I'm assuming he was the smaller one) seems to have rather short, rounded ears. Is this a breed characteristic or is just one of those things that are different on every cat? I was looking at Boomer and he has rather long and more pointed ears

lol! I guess I've never really thought about it before

Ears can be breed specific, but I'd say they simplyvary from cat to cat.
    And yes, for the newcomers, Pouncer is the brown tabby. He is Bonnie's kid. Bonnie was my first foster and she had 4 babies who were all successfully placed. (and I kept Bonnie when she was unsuccessfully placed)

What a wonderful update on how Pouncer is doing. Thanks Jen for sharing it with us.

This is truely heartwarming. So good to see Pouncer found the right place - I can tell by the update that he is very loved, and Allen and him seem to love each other. It's just perfect!

Love the picture!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Jen, so many babies need good homes that it must really warm your heart that Pouncer has been placed in just the perfect forever home.

He sounds as though he is full of personality and able to express himself to the fullest in his secure and loving home.

Congratulations on the good work!

I hope Pouncer's Mom joins us and we get to watch him grow up.

Thanks for sharing.