Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drake withdrawls

drake withdrawls

How is everyone Souraya? Getting settled in time for a cold Bavarian winter? Sure would like to see some pictures of our ol' buddy the Drakester. Has he tried on any Lederhosen yet? I bet he would look oh-so-handsome Or maybe a jaunty Tyrolian hat (pronounced "hoot"). Seriously, we all miss hearing from and wish all the best for you, Andrew and the Draker. Post when you can.
    Laurie

I agree, Laurie!!!! I miss Drake (and of course, Souraya) too!!!

Hope you'll check in soon, Souraya!!!

Hello!

I appologize for my absence. I have been in a rut and having a hard time getting out of it. We moved into our apartment on Friday, October 31st. Our furniture and other household goods were to be delivered on that same day. The delivery truck arrived, however, they were delivering the wrong stuff. It was our stuff alright, but not the furniture and household goods. They shipped our permanent storage items (stuff we wanted left in America)!!

Needless to say, I lost my mind. Not sure I have found it yet. Our first night in our beautiful apartment was spend in misery and on an inflatable air matress!! We had to go out the next day and purchase a pot, pan, some dishes, you know, minimal things for us to survive on. We purchased a bed to sleep on. This is be our guest bed once our own arrives. We were planning on buying one anyway. We also got a loveseat to sit on. It will go in my office eventually. Oh, did I also mention that all of our winter clothes were with our shipment that didn't get here? It is so cold here. We had to go and buy some winter clothes to hold us up until our stuff gets here. They expedited our shipment. So instead of the normal 10-12 months it takes for the stuff to arrive, ours will take ONLY 4 weeks! They refused to air freight it!

In addition to all that, I had such a hard time getting my allergy shot on time. I am allergic to Drake and have to take shots. The clinic on post refused to give me the shot without the proper testing (which I had already had in the past). My chart has that I have been taking the shot everymonth for almost the past 3 years!! It took huge puffy eyes and a rash all over my body and a visit to the emergency room until they finally gave me that dang thing!!

On the brighter side, Andrew's deployment has been postponed till the end of January. We are both very thankful for the extra time. I haven't started working yet. I am having to have all this security clearance stuff before they will let me set foot in the office. That has me down as well.

Our DSL finally got activated today! It took them forever to get it connected. Same thing with our phone. I feel much better now that I am connected to the world again.

The truck arrived last week and we are glad to have something familiar to us again. We are both just anxious to get settled in and have our OWN stuff. We had been on temporary duty for a few months in AZ. Seperated from our things and living in furnished apartments and suitcases. We are still in that boat and it has gotten pretty old.

I appologive for the complaints in my post. Draker is doing great. He loves it here. He loves it anywhere. He is a happy go lucky kid! He is always there to give me kisses and furry hugs and comfort me in my times of need. What would I do without him.

Here are a few pictures of Draker at the park near our house.

Drake sniffing a doggy buddy's butt!

Drake checking out the ducks in the distance.

Drake and Andrew near the pond.

Oh wow Drake is beautiful. Does he have wolf in him?

He looks really similar to a shepherd/malamute mix I saw once, but he also looks so wolfish.
    Last edited by K9soul; 11-15-2003 at 05:35 PM.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I have been wondering where you have been! We have missed you!

Drake is so handsome! I can't wait until we get to see some more pictures of him. [hint, hint]

K9soul, Yes, Drake is a wolf hybrid.

I just love him. Thanks for sharing your pictures

Great to hear from you, Souraya.

The good news is things can only go up from here, right? I hope your luck turns for the better and you and Andrew can get settled in.

So nice to see pics of the Drake man again.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Good to hear from you & Drake, Souraya!! Hope your settling in gets easier from here.

Gorgeous pics of Drake!! We miss seeing him!!

Hi Souraya! I was just thinking about you,Andrew and Drake! What great timing! So sorry that all your stuff was screwed up! That stinks. But at least it's coming eventually. Thankfully you have Drake to console you, esp; when you're so far from home. And, he's as handsome and regal as ever! I always get the urge to bury my head in his neck! It's so amazing how we love our pets so much, we'll suffer through allergies! Hopefully you can get your shots on time from now on. Good luck with the job. And how super that you get to spend more time with Andrew. You guys are always in my thoughts....Stay well...{hugs} to all of you!

I've been Boooo'd!

Hi!!!

It's so great to hear from you (complain all you want as long as there is a few pics of Draker attached)!

I'm sorry things have been so hectic for you both. And I can't belive all you had to go through to get your shot I do hope you are feeling better now though Like Aly said, it can only go up from here, right?!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
    K9soul, Yes, Drake is a wolf hybrid.
    And the cutest one might I add!! Sorry to hear about your troubles, I do have to say though, one day you will look back on this and laugh about the time you soent 4 weeks with nothing.

Loved the pictures!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Drake is beautiful! I think this is the first I've seen of him for some reason. And the background where you were is beautiful! Glad you got your allergy shots straightened out.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Souraya, what a mess!
    Talk about a BIG MIX UP!!

Glad you got your DSL activated, now
    you can start posting again.
    Thank you for the beautiful pictures of
    Drake and Andrew. I hope
    everything goes smoothly from hear on.

----<---<--<{(@

Laurie, thanks for starting this thread!

Souraya, I am so sorry that your life has been "on hold" for so long. It does get very old. I do have to agree, that in the years to come, you will wonder how you ever made it - and will laugh about having one pot, one pan, one dish. Did you have to share?

The photos of Andrew and Drake are so beautiful - the background/park is amazing and so peaceful looking.

I am sorry that your allergies had to be completely out of control before they would help you. Hopefully you have your medications now when you need them.

I am sure I join everyone here in wishing you a happy life as soon as you can settle down and get it somewhat organized.

Thanks for the pictures and it is always good to hear from you.