Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just some updates

Just some updates

Yesterday I got my Braces!! They kinda' hurt............ well actually they hurt A LOT!! So far I only have them on my front 4 teeth and I will get them on all the teeth in about 3months. I dont know exatially how it happened but one of the brackets came off, so its just sittin' there!! I was laying in bed and I heard a pop and I got up turned the light on and off it was! Now I have to wait till Monday to schedule ANOTHER appointment to get it fixed!! We have to drive all the way to Bimidji, MN which is pretty far away. Does anyone have any advice on what to eat. I really am only eatting stuff I dont have to chew (mac & chesse, ect.) because it hurts so bad .
    C.P. is starting to bit, A LOT, and it was cute when he was just itty bitty but now he can bit harder and I hurts. any advice?
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

I know exactly how you feel!!!
    i have them on all teeth now!
    i have them now im older because i dont know actually but anyhow!!!
    it hurt like hell for a few days then it settled down and i could eat anything, BUT when you have the wire in mine has pinged out once and i went to my normal dentist and he put it in again!!!
    everytime they get tightened it hurts again for a while because of all the pulling on the teeth!!
    they say not to eat hard things, sugery things, because they will stain your teeth and under the blocks will be white,But im addicted to anything sweet so she said brushing after eating anything will solve this problem!!!
    belive me its well worth it when teeth were as bad as mine!! there well on their way to being PERFECT!
    people i know who have had them said that they got terrible ulcers where the blocks go on the lippygums but luckly i havent had any (i think it depends on your lips)!! but Bongela (?sp) well help!!!
    Ky and Rio
    ps how long are your going to be on for?
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

I don't know how it feels, but I hope you can get that fixed quick, and I hope they don't hurt after a while.
    About CP- Don't use your hands as a toy. Make sure that if he bites you, give him a toy, this works good with scratching too. Good luck!

Ouch, I'm glad I don't have to get braces.

You get to eat lots of ice cream though, right?
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    You get to eat lots of ice cream though, right?
    Hopefully!

Hehehe...Braceface.
    LOL, I have braces too. They really hurt in the beggining, but give it a few weeks and you won't even notice them. You have 3 months before you get them all on?! I got them all on in one day...
    Things to eat? Mashed Potatoes, Mac & Cheese, Chicken Noodle Soup, anything soft. I LIVED on Mashed Potatoes for a few weeks until I finally got up the nerve to eat *real* food. How long do you have to have them on for? I need mine for 2 more years...but my teeth look *SO* much better even though I only got them on a few months ago!
    If you need any other help, feel free to PM me.

Originally posted by Dogz
    I don't know how it feels, but I hope you can get that fixed quick, and I hope they don't hurt after a while.
    About CP- Don't use your hands as a toy. Make sure that if he bites you, give him a toy, this works good with scratching too. Good luck!

I saw that on animal plantet to! When he chews on your hand and/or bites say NO and give him a toy. But when he chews on the toy by himself you have to reward him!

I know exactly what you mean about braces. Dont worry the hurt really bad the first day and it gets worst the second and maybe third, but after that it gets better! Ice cream is a really good thing to eat! Soup is really good to, and spagetti, pasta, any thing like that. Stay away from Cap'n Crunch, the cerel, trust me that hurts!! Anything crunchy stay away from for maybe a week and a half to two weeks. Oh and about your bracket, I broke a bracket like the second week I got my braces, I bit into a carrot! lol! The Orthodontist just reglues it on, no big deal.

Well good luck with everything!
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

I know exactly how you feel I just got mine about a month ago, and they really hurt the first week. But I only have the top braces done now, and I have to wait about 1 more month for the bottom.
    I really couldn't eat much during the first 3 or 4 days. I only had soup and anything that I didn't have to chew. Its really painful. One time I even got some skin from the side of my mouth hooked to the sides of the braces!(its pretty hard to explain exactly what happened, lol) it hurt soooo much, I had to wait a day to go to the dentist for them to cut off the wire. and I also got a lot of cankers. I HATE braces!!!!!
    There's alot of stuff I can't eat. ALOT.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

You guys are so lucky you only get parts of them on at a time, I got them on all at once!

Wow, I'm glad I get them at seperate times! Even on only the top, it really hurt for me. I can't imagine both! My dentist wanted me to get more used to the top before he does the bottom.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Originally posted by rizzy
    I saw that on animal plantet to!
    I didn't see that on animal planet.
    I saw it HERE.

Thanks so much for so much info and advice now we can a bear with this together I will have them on for about 3 years. My braces keep getting stuck on the back of my mouth but I fixed it with a little waz now I feels better. My teeth dont' hurt AS bad as yesterday. Thanks keep up the good advise
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

My Brother and sister inlaw bought a new house!!! They have been living in an apartment for years and wanted a dog well..dogSS. So now they finally bought a house Colleen ( my sister in-law) wants a Grayhound and Barret ( my brother) wants a German Shorthair Pointer. They are going to rescue a Greyhound from the track close to Christmas and next year the will get the pointer I am so happy for them!!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-

That's great that they are going to rescue! I know when I move out and everything, I want to rescue a greyhound. That's great news!

Im hopeing we can go meet the crew next year cause the live in Arizona
    DeviantArt
    Beth-