Thread: Nebo just threw up...

Nebo just threw up...

There was an old pink frisbee that had been in our backyard for over a year. I forgot about it...none of the dogs had really played with it at all. Well, 2 days ago apprently Nebo decided it was interesting. I found it in about 3 million pieces and two piles where he had eaten many pieces of it then thrown it up. I cleaned it up...

Well, just a few minutes ago Nebo threw up again. There were 2 fairly large (about half the length of my thumb) sized pieces of pink frisbee in it. So either he still has frisbee in him from 2 days ago, or he found some pieces I may have missed when cleaning it up and ate those.

He acts fine...has been eating and drinking just fine and eliminating. Is there anything else I should do besides just keep a good eye on him?

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    I think keeping an eye on him should be okay Amy. It sounds like the brat probably just got ahold of some pieces that you missed or something.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

I think Tracey is right, Amy. Just watch him. Those kids can be bad, can't they????

Well he's eaten his fair share of toys before and had no problem, it's just never been anything like hard plastic before...just shreds of stuffing of material. And I don't think he's ever puked it up before.

Right now he's just sleeping so it's hard to say if he's feeling ok or not....

Maybe I just worry too much lol.

Nebo you NAWTEE doggie!
    Boy, I have been there! LOUD Louie once ate a toy when he was a pupper.... of course he had to do it over The Easter Holiday!!! I being the Paranoid Panicky Parent that I am spent several hundred dollars at the White Coats only to have them tell me... If he eats, drinks and eliminates with no problem then just be prepared to clean up A LOT of yuck until it all comes out one end or the other. But keep an eye on him just the same. LOUD Louie was sick for about 3-4 days.

Hope ya get well soon Nebo! No more Filet of Frisbee, oK!

frisbee is nothing

it sounds like you are doing the right thing. not to discount your worries but have i got a story for you! my dogs (rotties) are constantly ingesting things they shouldn't despite the fact that i watch them constantly (sometimes i can't get to them before they swallow). my female will usually puke up anything that won't digest (toys parts, chestnut hulls, comforter fabric, etc). my male apparently has a stomach of steel. we spent the better part of last sunday at the emergency vet because aspen ate a sock! a whole sock! the funny thing? i have told my fiancee a thousand times to pick up after himself turns out the vet just made aspen throw up and up came the sock (thank goodness) as well as some toy stuffing, gumabone particles etc. he is a shark i am glad we got to it in time so that poor aspen did not need surgery.

Nebo, you baaad boy

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Roxey had chewed up part of Angus's hard plastic ball & kept throwing it up too She was fine though.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I dont think you need to worry!!!
    my uncles cocker (he should really have been a working dog, hes from a working strain) has eaten many a things and has been fine!!!
    actully he need surgary after he ate a pair of socks (yuk) but that was material!!!
    some dogs just dont learn do they,lol
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

Awww Nebo...Hope things are moving along and out! Poor baby. Dogs eat the darndest things, that's for sure! As long as he's eating, drinking and pooping, i.e. no signs of obstruction, I'd just keep an eye on him. Feel better soon, sweet Nebo!!

And welcome to Pet Talk, rotten two! A SOCK!! Yikes! When I worked at a boarding kennel, one of the little puppies became ill...off to the vet's. Yes, he ate a sock too! Hope to hear about your Rotties and you! And pics!! I'm Sandra and have 2 dogs, Star, a yellow Lab and Cody, a Husky/Shep!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hope Nebo is feeling better!!

A long time ago, my Great Pyr ate some ceiling tiles with insulation (don't ask how.... ) and I even called Animal Poison Control and THEY didn't even know if it was bad or not!!! Well, apparently it was fine because she lived to 12 1/2 years old and the incident happened when she was 1!!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Poor Nebo!!

I'll bet he's ok--as long as everythings in proper working order.

Riley eats everything too--I bought him a wiggly giggly toy from Petco the other day, and he played with it, and I noticed him chewing on it, and pieces all over the floor. It went in the trash, and so did all of the pieces, so I thought. He went out and vomited, and it was all colorful, the toy was yellow, green and pink
    He's fine.

I hope he's feeling better today!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Well, Nebo has been acting fine, so I think he's ok! I took him to work with me on friday just in case, and there were no problems. No more throwing up, and he's been eating/drinking/eliminating just fine.

Never mind.......he just barely puked up another piece of pink frisbee...on my clothes!