Thread: Milly is finally finding her voice!!!

Milly is finally finding her voice!!!

I guess she has heard enough "wolf whistles" from Roger that she is finally figuring out how to do it! I do wish I could record her doing it because she holds the tone out for a long time! LOL!!! She even lets me do the first note, then finishes it for me. Too cute!!!

Milly is a Cockatiel that was an owner turn in at the pet store where we bought Roger. That poor, frightened thing had never had any human contact, and was over two years old when we got her (we think). She's been here 1 1/2 years now, so to hear her doing something besides squawking is quite a pleasure!!

That's my "happy" thought for the day!!!

Logan, the very happy, mother of many!!!!

Awww! Congrats, Milly!

Milly congratulations. Oh, and does Roger ever have a song for you. I hear a duet in the future.

Originally posted by gini
    Milly congratulations. Oh, and does Roger ever have a song for you. I hear a duet in the future.
    I think it is only a matter of time before there is a Roger/Milly duet of Zippity-Do-Dah going on in Logan's household!

Aww, that`s great! Milly, what a clever girl you are!

She is so proud, now!

They are in the next room, and every now and then I will whistle and I get "stereo" responses now! LOL!!!

Sorry to be so silly about this, but I have worked and worked with this girl and she's finally coming around!

Re: She is so proud, now!

Originally posted by Logan
    They are in the next room, and every now and then I will whistle and I get "stereo" responses now! LOL!!!

Sorry to be so silly about this, but I have worked and worked with this girl and she's finally coming around!
    I don't think it's silly at all. It's very cute.... Good girl Milly.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: She is so proud, now!

Originally posted by Logan

Logan, its not silly! Its sooooooooo much fun when birds start learning new things! It makes us *proud mommies*, doesn't it? Popcorn is also VERY proud of himself ever since he learned the cell phone melodies, and he's ALWAYS singing them now! Too cute! I think squacking is more of a girl thing, because Muffin is very comfortable with us..........not with other people, but with the family, she's our little sweet cuddly baby. She loves to squack. We talk to her, and she answers with a squack.........but she says other things too, and tiny whistles. Not like Popcorn, but its not like she ONLY squacks. She says this thing........that sounds like *trrr* when she wants attention or head scritches! Too cute!

Congrats Milly! What a sweetheart you are little birdie!

Well done Milly!!

This is NOT silly at all! Like PCB said, it makes us such proud mommies! I was so happy once Nelly have settled in, and she kept me company on quiet days. It's so fun to come around the corner and then you tiel whistles at you. I wish I could get Nelly recorded, but I don't know how. I just know that I have a video camera setting on my camera.