Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: show bunnies

show bunnies

I need to know Wat kind of buh-nays are good to have as show buh-nays? I need to know because i am soon gettin one for showing, and i dont know wat kind to get. SO if anyone has a buh-nay that makes a great show buh-nay for them or knows of one will u please post it here so i will know wat kind to get?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LiSa NiCoLe

~!*&*!~Zane, parker, rizzo, tinkerbell, sounna, noodles, harley, persy, spike, kermit, yoshi, fredrico, tonks, beshy, nikko, bekko, fire~!*&*!~

If you want a show rabbit, than you need to go to a breeder. The breed you get is determined by what you like. But like showing dogs, there is a stanard of perfection to go by and your average pet store or rescue rabbit is not going to be of show quality. (great for pets, but won;t qualify to place in a rabbit show.) I used to raise Dutch rabbits for show and we also have several other breeds during that time. SO do some research on the breeds available and the breeders located in your area. They will be glad to get you pointed ion the right direction.

show bunnies

well my best friend got a havanna for her showing, and she also had a mini rex/ cinnamon mix for a show too. So i was just wondering if there is any special types of breeds of rabbits that are really good for showing. i know that there are quiet a few of differant types. But i just dont know which one to pick. so i was just seeing if anyone here had any specific types that they think would be good. and thanks for replying. I will look up breeders near me to see if i can find anything about the bunnies.
    LiSa NiCoLe

~!*&*!~Zane, parker, rizzo, tinkerbell, sounna, noodles, harley, persy, spike, kermit, yoshi, fredrico, tonks, beshy, nikko, bekko, fire~!*&*!~

As far as I know, and I have been out of showing for quite a few years now, mixed breeds are not eligible. What are you looking for in a rabbit? Big? Small? do you like a particular color? Do you want a solid color or a breed that has "markings"? There are MANY breeds. The national organization for showing rabbits is called the American Rabbit Breeders Association. I am sure they have a website. Each of the breeds probably have their own site as well. Maybe you could fine a show or fair that has a rabbit show and go and look at the different breeds and talk to some people. When I used to show, the breeders were always more than willing to answer question.

When I was in 4-H we were allowed to show mixed breeds. But as Jen said in ARBA only purebreds are allowed. Try going to an ARBA show and you can see all the different types of rabbits and talk to the breeders.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

shoe bunnies

Im not sure is mixed breeds are avaliabe or not maybe they were just being nice to my friend but they let her have her mixed bunny there. I want to have a purebreed bunnie though. i also want it to be big i dont really care for the color and i dont think i was a bunnie with markins i think i was him (or her) to be solid. i am going to look up the American Rabbit Breeders Association and have a look. well i went to the fair last year to look at the rabbit showing to see what it was like. and i looked at a few bunnies.
    LiSa NiCoLe

One of the biggest rabbits in size is a Flemish Giant. This is their home page
    http://www.nffgrb.com/
    another large size rabbit is the Checkered Giant
    http://www.americancheckeredgiantrabbit.com/
    just for starters.

show bunnies

yeah my friend that shows really wants me to get a flemish giant. i think i might want a dutch im not sure yet though.
    LiSa NiCoLe

I agree go to a show talk to breeders read the standards some rabbits are not nessaraly people freindly. Do be careful some Dutch lines have bad timpers. I raised them as well as Silver Martens , Californians, New Zealands, and Checkered Giants. I showed 4-h and ARBA shows. It can be fun and frustrating too. You can meet lots of people and that is fun.

We used to raise Havanas, New Zealands (mostly reds), and Californians. I had a lot of fun. My dad and aunts still show rabbits.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

show bunnies

well mi dad is going to take me to get a rabbit to today and i really want a dutch but i dont think there are any our rite now. well i think i think i might get a flemish giant if i can find one or any kind of lop.
    LiSa NiCoLe

show bunnies

i have decied to get a florida white. i am going to get it today. it is a pure breed and i think it is about 4 or 5 mounths. (i lil old but thats okay)
    LiSa NiCoLe

congratulations

thank u think i made a pretty good choice one wat rabbit i choose
    LiSa NiCoLe

Did you get a bunny? Do you have pictures? Does your bunny live with you? (for some reson I wanna say it doesn't) Where does you bunny stay?

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka