Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby iguana?

Baby iguana?

This was what was outside of my door when my parents came home.. What kind of lizard is it?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't think it's an iguana...hmmm...

Pretty little guy (girl?) nonetheless!

I know isnt it! I want it! But of course its better free, and i know nothing about lizards.. I left a little peice of lettuce for it, it hasnt ate it yet.. I think its too full from the lizard it ate in its mouth.. See the tail?

Originally posted by CamCamPup33
    I know isnt it! I want it! But of course its better free, and i know nothing about lizards.. I left a little peice of lettuce for it, it hasnt ate it yet.. I think its too full from the lizard it ate in its mouth.. See the tail?
    Ewww, a cannibal!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Hrmm, where the heck do you live? I have never seen wild lizards that look like that in the US. I am going to post this pic on a Lizard forum and see if they know what it is..........can I have permission to post it?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Didnt you wonder what the brown thing was sticking out of its mouth? R.I.P Little lizard..

Originally posted by luckies4me
    Hrmm, where the heck do you live? I have never seen wild lizards that look like that in the US. I am going to post this pic on a Lizard forum and see if they know what it is..........can I have permission to post it?
    I live in Florida.. There are alot of lizards (iguanas) over here.. But i have never seen one like that here.. Sure go ahead, i would like to know what it is too..

Well to me it looks like some kind of Anole. I have owned Anoles in the past but they were much smaller. Can you guy's keep anoles and iguanas as pets there?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Yep.. Im gonna do a search on Anoles and see what i can find..

It kinda looks like a Knight anole but just a tad different. Still searching!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Here is where you can see a Knight Anole.

http://www.southalley.com/lizards.html
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

They said it Knight anoles are almost as big as squirrels! Mr.Lizard was smaller..

I was right, it IS a Knight Anole! I talked to a few people and gosh darnet I was right!

Also if you can catch it and keep it, that'd be the best if you are willing to learn about his specific care needs etc. They are supposedly really bad for the native lizards there. They said he was either imported on some plants or someone let him go because they weren't interested in him anymore.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by luckies4me
    Here is where you can see a Knight Anole.

http://www.southalley.com/lizards.html

I'm jealous ... all those cool lizards in Florida. We have like one species here.

Made me laugh when it said green iguanas were 10" - 14", though. I used to have a green iguana that was almost six feet long.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*Laughs* Yep, when I saw it I thought it looked like an anole! They're fun, active, freindly critters. Enjoy Mr. Lizard!

Thank you Wolf_Q!