Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay...

Ebay...

I sent money to someone on Ebay for a sign that I want. They got my money order and told me last week that it would be here on Friday...And it still isn't here.

Should I worry? Maybe they meant next Friday...
    I've been BOO'd!

My son got stung on E-Bay once but he has bought and sold on it MANY times. The same with hubby and daughter. My son's bad experience cost him $700. This particular person scammed a lot of people.

That's what I'm hoping doesn't happen.. They sent me an email and the web page where you can order more signs off of, but I was so stupid that I didn't save the email or bookmark that page.
    I've been BOO'd!

I can't remember....are you in Canada, wolfsoul?

Is the item being shipped from the US? Could be a lot of factors. I know USPS has tracking and insurance options for packages sent. UPS and FedEx have the same services.

I've never been stung on eBay but I have had a few times where a package would take forever!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I think there is some sort of E-Bay insurance but to tell you the truth I don't know if he has done anything about it. There were a group of people that lost a lot of money. I think Paypal is probably safe. For this one particular purchase he didn't use it.

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    That's what I'm hoping doesn't happen.. They sent me an email and the web page where you can order more signs off of, but I was so stupid that I didn't save the email or bookmark that page.
    Did you save any of the checkout emails? The auction page will still be up and you can search by the Item # and Seller, ect. Under Advanced Search you can search completed auctions. I've had to do that when I've lost emails and such.

Originally posted by ramanth
    I can't remember....are you in Canada, wolfsoul?

Is the item being shipped from the US? Could be a lot of factors. I know USPS has tracking and insurance options for packages sent. UPS and FedEx have the same services.

I've never been stung on eBay but I have had a few times where a package would take forever!
    Yes, I'm in BC, and it's being shipped from Washington. I hope that's why there is a delay.

As for checkout emails, I'm not sure about those. Amy (wolf_q) bid for me because I didn't really know what I was doing, so maybe she got the emails?
    I've been BOO'd!

Yep - Canada - US and vice versa will take longer. Don't panic until 3 weeks or so have passed. Even though Washington and BC are close doesn't mean it will make it any faster. I once had a Canadian package take 43 days to arrive!

Yeah, i wouldnt worry until it is like 3-4 weeks past due. I had to wait 3 weeks to a month for a toy i bought for my son, and was getting worried. But it finally came. if they own a store that sells these signs...and have their own website, like you were saying, i think they are legit.

You can go to ebay.com and click on the "my ebay" icon, and click on "items i have won" and it will bring up your auction and the sellers email...so you can email them if you want to clarify the delivery date.

Originally posted by Christiansmommy

You can go to ebay.com and click on the "my ebay" icon, and click on "items i have won" and it will bring up your auction and the sellers email...so you can email them if you want to clarify the delivery date.
    wolf_q did the bidding for me though. I could ask her for the username of the person. I do have the person's house address.
    I've been BOO'd!

Do you have a tracking number? Do you know what date it was sent? Let me know if it's not here by this friday and I'll send her an email.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    I've never had any probelms with EBay. You have to remember Jordan that it is Canada post and they aren't the most efficient people in the world

On average whenever I do a transaction through ebay it takes about a week or so for my money order to get there and then at least a couple of weeks for it to come up from the states. Just give it some more time.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

We use ebay all the time. We have had problems here and there. Use Ebay or an escrow account next time. It makes it a little more secure. There are alot of crooks out there.

Sounds like you and Amy are now on top of things. I'm sure it's just a delay at the border. I live only 5 hours from Toronto but packages back and forth from that city can take weeks!

It has to go through customs before it gets to you, that can take awhile. We have done a lot of shipping to Canada and it aways takes longer then expected. I've had a package make it across the country faster then to Canada. So give your item a little more time.

My Aunt had to wait 3 months once for customs to clear a package threw of her's. They told her the declared vaule of it was higher then was stated. So held it till the value got clear up.

Did you check the sellers rating on Ebay? If he got a high # chances are you should have no problems with buying from them. They had to work pretty hard to get a high rating so in most cases they a safe bet to buy from.