Thread: Winnie

Winnie

Oh Winnie, you cute little pumpkin! What a lovely, shiney, chocolate coat you have! And a sleek, girlish figure! So perfect for all those wonderful tummy rubs! I know you'll be getting oodles of extra kisses and hugs on your very special day today!

I've been Boooo'd!

Winnie is a dear little dog and I think I may have a clue to her ancestory. She reminds me very much in colour and size of a breed of Australian dog called Kelpies. These dogs were bred to work rounding up sheep and are still used for this. They also make wonderful pets, provided they get plenty of exercise. I think that in the States, Kelpies are called "Australian Sheep Dogs". So, Winnie may have a splash of Downunder in her blood. She a delight.

What a beauty

Winnie, what a sweet little beauty you are! You have a gorgeous coat and a sweet face. It certainly sounds like your humans adore you! Congratulations on being todays DOTD!
    ~Marie

Good Morning, Winnie, you sweet baby girl! What a pretty, pretty pup you are. You have the kindest look on your face! And your warm, chocolate colored coat glows! How sweet it must be to cuddle with you in the big bed!! Too bad you don't live closer to us, Winnie. We'd love to invite you over to share in some belly rubs and a tasty chicken basted bone! I'm so happy you found your way to such a loving forever home, Winnie! And now with a frisky furry sibling to romp away the day with, your family's complete! You're one precious pup, Winnie and we're honored to bestow upon you the title Dog of the Day!! Congratulations, sweet, beautiful Winnie! Have a happy day celebrating with Sailor and the human!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Wonderful!

WINNIE!!!! You are a sweet heart. So cute. Congratulations, Have a great day as Dog of the Day. I think you are DOTD..... everyday!!
    Tailwags, Linda, Mr.T, Macs, and Oskar

Winnie, you are so, so beautiful. If you were here, I'd rub your tummy all day!

Have a happy day our sweet, beautiful DOTD!!

Hello Winnie,

You could be a chocolate lab mix, but whatever your genes,
    you ARE a sweetheart. Many happy congratulations to you
    today on being chosen for special honors as our celebrated
    DOG OF THE DAY. Smooches & hugs to you Winnie.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Awww Winnie - You are just precious! Such pretty shiny fur and that sweet expression - you rock Winnie! Congrats for being Our Awesome Adorable Dog of the Day!

your soo cute!!!

I agree with Matilda, Winnie definatley look like she is a kelpie, or at least have some kelpie in her. She is just gorgeous!

Winnie you are beautiful! Could you be part whippet? From your picture and description that would be my guess. You deserve a long tummy rub today, congratulations!

I agree that Winnie looks like she has some whippet in her. We have friends who show whippets...& Winnie looks very like those dogs in head & body shape.
    She's a beauty with her lovely shining coat.

Cute dog!

I agree with the whippet, because Winnie looks like a brown version of my whippet mix, Vanilla.

Although she looks a lot like a kelpie too. Call her a whippet/kelpie mix.

I think that in the States, Kelpies are called "Australian Sheep Dogs".
    Nope, they are just called Kelpies.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

A Belated Congratulations to you Winne!

I love the breed "DOG", you never know what your going to get....it's always a surprise, and a good one at that
    I hope you had a wonderful day being our special DOTD!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets