He went out into the lobby outside my room and came back in with a rose in his mouth. I laughed as he put the rose next to me on my table and then went back out.
"Are you ready?" he asked.
"I guess." I said, nervously. He emerged with a box from the bridal shop where I saw my dress. I gasped and started to cry. He took the dress out of the box and held it up for me to see. It was exactly how I pictured it; it had the lace sash and the thin straps. I crawled out of my bed still crying and touched it. I couldn't believe he had actually gone out and bought it.
"Want to try it on?" he asked, with a kind, gentle smile on his face. I nodded and wiped the tears out of my eyes. I closed the door and stuck the sign on the handle. Graham helped me zip the back of the dress and then walked me to the mirror in the bathroom door. I looked at myself. For the first time in my entire life, I thought I looked beautiful.
I turned and looked at Graham. "How do I look?" I managed to say between tears.
"Beautiful as ever, Kersey." he reached up and pulled me close and kissed me. I looked at myself again in the mirror and smiled.