Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not just one, but two new furkids!

Not just one, but two new furkids!

As always it seems like so many Pet Talkers are getting new pets.
    I guess I must have been blabbing a lot to my husband about Sasvermont getting her new bunny and Miss Meow getting two new dogs that my husband finally let me get a couple of new pets too!
    We were shopping at PetSmart yesterday looking for a new catbed for Samantha, then I got lost in the new horse section for a while.(I love the smell of new horse stuff!)
    Then I saw a cute tuxedo kitten up for adoption then we looked at the birds (including a huge blue and gold Macaw) and small critters for a while.
    My husband totally surprised me and said that I could pick out a couple of Gerbils!
    He knows that I had several pairs of Gerbils over the years before I got Samantha and that for the last couple of years I had been talking about getting a couple of them for our kids.
    So, we looked at one that had a pretty Siamese coloring at first but then we ended up with a pair of black female Gerbils.(Just like the pair I owned in college)
    So, we brought them home and my daughter named them Chocolate and Brownie.
    I will be working on getting some new photos today and maybe posting them tonight or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Vermontcat; 11-11-2003 at 01:08 PM.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Yes! LOL We need some more rodents around here! I LOVE gerbils and have had them in the past. I think they are fantastic pets! Can't wait to see pics. They sound so beautiful. I used to have two black girls too, white spotted ones. Do yours have the white headspot and feet?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Ive had several rodents and at present i have a mouse and a gerbil!!
    now i prefer gerbils, hes very bold not shy and friendly!! he comes when i call him, hes just so happy!! he called Beteye (said beth-eye)
    because the day i had him my mums stupid dog tryed to eat him and he can only open one eye now!!! (poor little chap)
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

I was in a panic at the start of the post, and I thought, "nooooo, don't tell me she's getting two pups and a bunny at the same time!!!" I can relax now Congratulations on your new additions - and I just love their names!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

AWW gerbils rock!!! cant wait to see pics!!! they must be really cute!!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Awww! They sound so cute, and I love their names! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Re: Not just one, but two new furkids!

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    then I got lost in the new horse section for a while.(I love the smell of new horse stuff!)
    AHHHHHHHHHHHH, smells good doesn't it!?! I love that smell too! Even the used tack smells nice!

CoNgRaTs on the new additions, I can't wait to see some *adorable* pictures!!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Photos!

Ok, I have a couple of new photos but it wasn't easy because they move so fast!
    Here are Chocolate and Brownie together in their cage.

Here they are side by side.

I'm pretty sure that Chocolate is on the left and Brownie is on the right.

Here is Chocolate in her exercise ball.

You can't see in these photos but they both have white fur on their chins and throats and a tiny bit of white on their front paws.
    They are very tame and will crawl right into your hand when you reach into their cage.

YLL, I knew that you would understand the attraction of new horse stuff! By the way, how many ratties do you have now?
    I like your new signature photo.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

The only Gerbils I have ever seen were much lighter in color. Yours are beautiful, Vermontcat!!! We have never had Gerbils, but have enjoyed the company of many hamsters over the years. I pledged that I would never have anymore, but you are waking up my desire!!!

Logan

they are very cute, I would suggest putting some unsented toilet paper in their tank/cage so that they can burrow
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Oh, I love Chocolate and Brownie. They are so cute. Congratulations on your new additions.

Aww! What cuties! Congrats on the new gerbils! That is great that they are so tame, they must be such sweethearts.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

ooo I LOVE gerbils! glade there are som enew gerbie owners here! scribbles and doodles say hi to the new gerbs! well scribbles thought he would pop in to say high to the new kids on the block anyway!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Hi. I want to ask everyone a question that anyone can answer. I may be getting a parakeet for christmas, but there is one down side. I'm going on vacation next year, and we don't know where to put my guinea pig or who to take care of it. Cause I have a guinea pig, too. And if I get a bird, we won't have any one to take care of it, either. So, here's my question: Does anyone know of any animal borders or kennals where people will take care of your pets..... just like dog kennals where people will take care of your dog? In MAINE. PLEASE respond. Thanks.

Krystal12345

Re: Photos!

Adorable little gerbils!! Give them some kisses for me!!

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    YLL, I knew that you would understand the attraction of new horse stuff! By the way, how many ratties do you have now?
    I like your new signature photo.
    Of course I understand the attraction of new horse stuff!

I have 7 ratties now, thank you for the compliment on the photo.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb