Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I live in the strangest state, I swear.

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    Isn't a lb only 2 cups? I hope I can find venison for cheaper than that. It's why I said an every-once-in-a-while thing though; because I knew it wasn't going to be cheap and dandy.
    You can't really compare a pounds to cups. Depends on what's in the cup. For instance 2 cups of feathers isn't going to weigh a pound Did that make any sense? LOL It's late so I apologize if I'm not exactly coherant.

Anyways, check here http://www.lepus.reach.net/NRS.html for a list of raw food suppliers in BC. Some of them offer stuff like Venison. I didn't look through it carefully though, so I'm not sure if there were any near you or not, but perhaps you could order it?
    Last edited by Shelteez2; 11-10-2003 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks Shelteez. Duh, I'm so stupid, Lol. I remember reading that 1 lb of beef was about 2 cups, but not everything weighs the same lol. Thanks for the site!

Does anyone shop in stores that supply things for the BARF diet? There are a couple stores in Kelowna, and I'm wondering if they have any venison...I should call.
    I've been BOO'd!

I looked at the site, and there a a few suppliers in my area. I didn't notice anything supplying venison, but I can always order from Langley.
    I've been BOO'd!

NO I mean m&S meats in Kalispell Montana. Whats tonights entrtainment.

Whats tonights entrtainment.
    Well, the bison is now in the freezer, so he opted for going to a girl's house instead.

I think I liked the dead bison and the chainsaw better.

"We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by Twisterdog
    Well, the bison is now in the freezer, so he opted for going to a girl's house instead.

I think I liked the dead bison and the chainsaw better.

I think he made a wise choice.

Dead bison usually start to smell after the third date. Not that I would know.....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I agree the bison is a better chioce . I have a 21 year old daughter we should have never sold her horse she might not be engaged know. The 20 year old boy is still in to his truck thank goodness.

Dead bison usually start to smell after the third date. Not that I would know.....
    I am not going to go there. No way.

"We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by Twisterdog
    I am not going to go there. No way.

lol

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1...760316,00.html
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Sounds like here , they drive around town to show off their deer kill !Then they have a bunch of guys over for the skinning and cleaning
    All i see is poor little bambi .

Here where I live. that would be the most entertaining thing on the planet! (not to me though, I think it's sad)

Got a need for speed, and a passion for barrel racing.

You've never ridden a horse until you've fallen off.

Adopt one until theres none.

I have a hunting license, but I do not hunt.

Talk about strange......

The world's largest rattlesnake roundup is held near here every March.

The world's largest rattlesnake roundup is held near here every March.
    I have heard horrible, inhumane things about that.

All i see is poor little bambi .
    not to me though, I think it's sad
    Well, it is sad. Mainly because it is right in front of our faces, we can't look away. But, in reality, it is no more sad than the killing of the chicken or the cow or the pig or the turkey we had for dinner tonight. We can just be in denial about those animals, because the killings happens far away, and we just get the meat in a nice little package from the supermarket. Actually, killing a deer or bison or elk is much LESS sad and cruel than killing a chicken or cow, in my opinion, because the wild animal at least had a normal natural life before it was killed in a fast, humane manner. Unlike factory farmed animals.

Amen Twister!!!!!

Originally posted by Corinna
    Amen Twister!!!!!
    I just wanted to Ditto this.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"