Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My daddy's kitty cat. Such a beautiful kitten! Possibly snowshoe mix?

My daddy's kitty cat. Such a beautiful kitten! Possibly snowshoe mix?

My dad sent me a pic tonight of the stray kitten he is going to keep. Whenever I get down there I am going to take her to the vet and have her spayed/vaccinated for him. She looks like a snowshoe mix, doesn't she? Possibly himi mix? She is absolutely beautiful!

For months my dad has been taking care of the feral and stray cats in the mobile home park where he lives, but this one has really made herself at home and my dad has her very social and plans on keeping her. Her name is Snowball. I am attaching a pic of her.

Yes that is 7up in the background. Since my father no longer drinks alcohol he drinks 7up. See our old Lincoln in the back?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Oh my gosh, she is beautiful. So glad your Dad is keeping her. She really is just so so cute

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

That is a really pretty cat.!!!

Your dad has great taste in kitties.

Give her a scratch for me when you see her.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

She's gorgeous, but I don't think she's a snowshoe. I've never seen such a beautiful kitty wandering the street.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Thanks! He actually has about 40 or so cats he takes care of, but sadly since he can barely support himself because of his health problems few are spayed and just keep reproducing. One day they just showed up and then it was a big boom. He does the best he can for them, feeds them and gives them water and occasionally lets them in to his trailor. He is allergic to fleas so they don't stay in long. She will also be treated with Frontline when I go down there, and he hopes to make her an inside kitty. It's sad as he knows he can't save them all.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by aly
    She's gorgeous, but I don't think she's a snowshoe. I've never seen such a beautiful kitty wandering the street.

She was born there to one of the feral females. She does look like she has snowshoe ancestry in her. The dark points don't come from nowhere. There are several beautiful stray that look like that born in the park.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

She is gorgeous!!!!
    Good for your dad (on all accounts)
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by luckies4me
    She was born there to one of the feral females. She does look like she has snowshoe ancestry in her. The dark points don't come from nowhere. There are several beautiful stray that look like that born in the park.
    Yes, I know the dark points didn't come from nowhere, but snowshoes aren't the only breed with dark points. I was just giving my opinion is all. I could be wrong. Its happened before.

The cat just doesn't resemble a snowshoe at all to me.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Actually it's not a snowshoe I am thinking about, it's something similar. Darnet, I can't remember the name........but I will find out.
    Also I know they are not the only cats with points.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Ragdoll is actually what I mean. I always get those two confused.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Whatever she is, she is beautiful! What a catch!

Luckies4me,

I think she looks more like a Chocolate Point Himilayan/Siamese mix. She IS beautiful!! I do hope she gets spayed soon. It only takes once for a cat to get pregnant.

Hope all is well with your dad.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Yeah, my brother has a Chocolate Point Himilayan that resembles her. I don't know a whole lot about cat breeds though. I've always had "mutts".

Snowshoe is just purrecious. Is there a local rescue organization or shelter that could help your dad out with the cats? I know he is doing as much as he can and he deserves a lot of thanks. I am sorry he is not well, but I know this beautiful new kitty will make him feel better.
    Steffi and Lovable

She's gorgeous!! (But then, I'm a sucker for blue eyes... )
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June